AK's Story Time Corner

Althalus Kirvar

Mystic Wanderer
Gil
I've done this in similar boards where I share my writings hopefully to the enjoyment of all. Some may have already seen these but I thought that I'd share with everyone.

Without further ado he is I'd my current work in progress, this is from a new race of elves that I am currently creating...
hope you enjoy

From the Tome of the Ancients:

This is the history of the Velkyn, as Amal’gloth, Drow historian of the house of Druu’giir, knows it. As every Drow child knows, the god Vhaeraun is filled with hatred for our divine goddess Lolth, the mother of all Drow. The story begins with the separation of Lolth and Vhaeraun.

Many years ago after the Godswar, Lolth created chaos and dissent among the land of Elves. Lolth took many of her faithful followers with her into the depths of the land after being driven from elvish lands above.

Vhaeraun reluctantly follows Lolth into these depths and served by her side for many years, until Lolth committed some heinous act against him. Branded a traitor, Vhaeraun was cast out of the safe haven of the Underdark.

In some unknown location deep within the bowels of the earth, far deeper than the home of the Drow, Vhaeraun finally made his home. There he plotted his vengeance against Lolth. Vhaeraun knew of the powers that the other gods had called upon to create life, which populated the lands above by many races and set out to create a race of his own.

Vhaeraun began by luring two Drow down into his domain to become the foundation of his new race. Being young and adventurous types, the two Drow, Nadrieh and Rywen, listened eagerly to the future that Vhaeraun laid out before them. “The parents of a brave new race more powerful than any Drow can imagine you will be. Hear my words and thus your reward you shall have,” were the words uttered by Vhaeraun.

Being greedy and lustful for more power, Nadrieh and Rywen did as they were bided and Vhaeraun’s hand reached out and wrapped around them. A brilliant light flooded the otherwise dark cavern where Vhaeraun had his home. When Vhaeraun opened his hand the two emerged transformed into nearly transparent images of their former selves.

“This shall be your new domain. You are my children and thus you shall be treated. From you I shall create my revenge against she who had me exiled for her actions and then cast me out. Against she who betrays her only ally!! You will not suffer an intruder to survive least of all a Drow of Lolth!! You, my children, have been granted powers deadlier than that of the Drow.”

Vhaeraun then began teaching his new children how to survive, use their newfound powers and remain hidden in the shadows until the time had come to strike against their enemies.

Thus ends the known history of the Velkyn. We know not if they truly exist or if it is merely legend and myth meant to frighten children at bedtime.

-Amal’gloth
Historian of House Druu'giir
Circa Unknown

The Vale

Can you remember a place by just closing your eyes? I can.
Everytime I close my eyes for a moment, I am transported to a place of such beauty and tranquility that the images have become seared into my minds eye.

I step out of the fog of my reality, into a place that surrounds me with emerald green rolling hills. One would think that the rich green vibrant had become the gentle swells of an ocean.

It's early morning. The sun is bathing the surrounding snowcapped mountains and green hills with its gentle warming touch. The morning dew covers the green rich earth like a soft blanket, which sparkles like fairy dust. The dew is wet and cool against my bare feet.

The smell of lilac is carried in the air by gentle slow moving breezes. In the sky above me, a brown falcon, made golden by its flight acrocc the sun, cries out a piercing war cry and it sees its prey on the ground below.

The falcon wheels to the right and then to the left and dives from the sky giving the prey a final challenging scream as it comes in closer for the kill, much like a knight salutes another knight during battle. Also in the Sky above me, white puffy clouds float peacefully by, with no care or worry about their destination.

Everywhere around me in this peaceful lightly fogged vale there is life. Deer are comming out of the dark green painted forest, to drink at a babbling brook not more than a few dozen paces from where I am standing.

Off in the distance, a yard or so beyond the deer, I catch a glimpse of a phantom rainbow. The rainbow's wavering brilliant colors of reds, blues, greens, and yellows dance in and out of the mist that a waterfall has generously created, as the babbling brook above spills itself over the edge of the rugged care worn mountain, some thirty feet above me. I hear the gentle roar that the water makes, as the water from above meets the waiting water below, like two lovers awaiting each others embrace. The mist is cool and refreshing as the little dropplets fall upon my exposed skin.

As the sun our splendid eye rises slow into the sky, from its long slumber, the vale grows warmer. The once shimmering carpet of dew, becomes lightly colored with orange and begins to disappear into the air.

The smell of moist rich green earth fills the senses with awesome power. Robins and a multitude of other birds, wake from their nightly slumber to sing their joyous songs to the rising sun. The gentle lilac breeze lifts the remaining light soft grey fog, out of the vale with a dancing twirling motion, as it disappears. As the fog lifts, in the other direction, across from the waterfall I see a lake.

The lake is so clear and so calm that it reflects the sky above, making it look as if I could reach out to touch the heavens above. The only thing that distrubs the peaceful calm of water is this island, still shrouded in the light soft grey fog that is dancing in columns along the polished surface of the lake.

As I walk closer to the lake edge, feeling the round smoothness of each individual pebble beneath my feet, I see the outline of a jade mountain. In this jade moutnain there appears to be an outline of a castle.

An entire mountain of jade, that must have been dropped by the gods from above, has been so lovingly carved into a jade castle. This jade castle with graceful buttraces and slim towers, like giant fingers reaching for the sky above, as if they were alive and required the suns warmth for growth.

Towers and buildings rising in steps in an almost haphazardly fashion, dance around what appears to be the main building of this huge jade seaborn monolith. I see fine silk bridges connecting some of the towers to each other. The scene reminds me of a fairy tale castle come to life.

Further down the pebble beach, I spy a small rickety old boat, that was left sitting dejectedly on shore, like a left over plaything from some giant who did not want his toy boat any longer.

I turned the rickety old boat over and push it into the water. The boat bobs up and down along the surface of the water. It pops into my mind, that this dejected hulk of wood was not sinking and that in fact it was still very seaworthy. The little boat smells of rotting wood and decaying fish. Again I begin to wonder if this little boat of mine was on its last voyage. The wood is splintered and feels rough. I find myself trying to get more comfortable.

The water is so clear, that I can see the lakes bottom teaming with life. Little fish dart away from the shadow of my little boat. The bigger fish on the other hand, seem to be racing me to the island.

As I draw nearer to the island, I begin to hear the sweet melody of bagpipes and palm flutes playing a cheerful melody. The jade castle is more magnificent up close thatn from standing on the shore.

I can see that my first guess, that the jade castle being carved from the jade mountain, was correct. The jade castle is one gaint piece of seamless construction, that appears to have grown right out of the rest of the jade rock. The surface of the jade rock is so smooth, that it feels like a newborn's skin. Very few cracks have dared to find thier way to mar the beauty of this wonder.

As I turn to walk up the ramp, to being my joureny into the castle, reality begins its frightful intrusion into my reverie. I fight to recieve more images and to hold onto them, but it is a futile effort and the images fade away like morning dew. Once again I am thrust back into reality, but I am happy to have been able to visit my vale, in my mind.

Stay tuned for more stories thoughts and poems on this station..we now return you to your regularly scheduled programing

Here are a couple of poems I wrote:

Sleep well young prince
May whimsy dreams sweep you away
Sleep well young prince
On the morrow ye shall be free

See her romp in fields agreen after butterflies
Watch her play with her toys and give chase to the other kids in the house
She gives love without hesitation
While playing as a gruff mountain climber
See this cute lil' angel babe as she sleeps
Twiching her little legs
Dreaming wonderful adventurous dreams
See the love she recieves from mommy and daddy
So glad this bundle of joy is in thier hearts and in thier lives
So sad when she will have to say good-bye

Here and now forever lost
Focusing all for naught
Like distance shadows they play
In some summer field far away
Wishing yearning burning
The angel whispers never fear
Your time is near

Sometimes wonder where my life has gone
My life of a thousand different names and faces
Thousand different memories flooding back to me
Can't seem to get it straight

In a changing unyielding world
Lost to the flow
In the midst your sweet melody plays
Fallin' twords it but held back...grounded

Mind too busy worrying 'bout the petty little things...
Time to stop an' smell the roses
Runnin' out of time

Living seems better than dieing
But on the other hand death is the next greatest adventure
Why is it always shades of grey?

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock
Pick the lock
Have no fear
No combination here
Tick Tock Tick Tock
Now hurry hurry
Time draws near
Tick Tock
Faster faster
My love can't wait
Tick
Why are we afraid of the big bad clock?

I hope all will enjoy my next installment. It is the only short story that I've created that I have submited to a short story contest..I won first place when I was in 8th grade.... much to my suprise... The story is called:

Glasses For The Future

I was up in my attic one day, cleaning out worthless junk, that wouldn't sell at a flea market, when I stumbled upon a box. The box was old, faded, and brittle. It had writing on it that was so smeared, that I could not read what it said. I opened the box carefully as not to ruin whatever was inside.

Inside the box, under all the packing foam, lay a pair of World War Two aviator goggles. I took the goggles out of the box to try them on. As I began to put the goggles on, I was shocked at what I began to see. I took the goggles off, staring at them in disbelief. Then, I gathered up some courage and slowly, I put the goggles back on.

As soon as I put the goggles on, images of the past, and present flashed by. The images began to slow down until I started seeing the future. Looking through the goggles I saw turmoil. People, thousands of people, were living on the streets with no where to go. Houses and apartments were crying out for the lack of repair that was so desparately needed. Crime was running rampant, like a stampeed of wild horses during a bad summers storm.

Garbage was piled three feet in height along the sides of the cuty streets, it seemed as if all the garbagemen round the world went on strike. Rats as big as house cats, were running through the trash heaps in search of a feast from leftover scraps of food. Many people were also joining the rats in search of food.

I saw men, women, and children dying from curable diseases. I saw men dying for what they believed was right. I saw war, war that could be stopped by one person not willing to fight, war by means of chemical and biological warfare that could wipe out an entire nation twice over. I saw more war also, war between states and war between brothers almost like the american civial war.

As I looked on I saw faces of despair and anguish, on people who would rather die than live their lives in pian and agony. I saw the men and women of our beloved countries and governments, living their lives as fat greedy pigs. Disease was running loose all over the country side as if there was no tomorrow. I saw people getting raped, shot, mugged, and abused just as if they were actors playing out parts in a big movie.

I saw hunger, hunger for food that was barely there becasue the world's governments and rich folk were steadily overconsuming the worlds food supplies with their lavishly decadent parties. Thirst, thirst so great it would take all the worlds oceans to quench it, but alas, all the worlds water supply is contaminated due to industrialized pollution and the damages of continuous war. Only the rich have the means to prify the water.

Whole bodies of beautiful oceans, lakes, and rivers, were being reduced to dry barren wasteladns. I hardly saw greenry of any kind, just leftover husks of once magnificent forests. There was no wildlife of any kind, except of course for the rats and flies.

Our once protectful ozone layer that had once protected us, existed no more due to emissions of poisonous gases and pollution into the atmosphere over the years. The people had to wear heavy winter coats, gloves, and face masks to keep the dangerous UV rays off their bodies.

Having enough of what I saw, I took off the goggles realizing that I and others must do something now to prevent the horrible future, which i had just witnessed through my pair of glasses for the future.

Crimson Avenger

There in the distance it stood. Tall forboding. Casting its shadow over every living thig, and here comes our hero now. Though short, he is stout and muscular. he has the face of a god...well maybe not a god, but , he is very handsome.

The Crimson Avenger walks confidently twords the tall forboding castle in the distance. It is so foggy out that he walks straight into a bog. "Aww man, this outfit cost me 500 Denars!! The dry cleaners are gonna take me for everything I have!"

As if his silent prayers were answered Habib's Dry Cleaning Imporium appeared before him, like a bad acid trip. Habib the propieter was in.

"Please to may help you kind sir?" Habib asked in his heavey Indian accent. "Yeah, I need these things cleaned and fast. I've got a hot date with a chic in the tower up ahead." Our hero replied. "Vould you like a cherry or Blueraspberry smell wit dat kind sir?" said Habib. "Cherry will be fine." Replied the crimson avenger hurriedly while looking at his watch watching each agonizing minute go by with sweat popping ut of his forehead.

"That will be 50 Denars please." Habib only held up two fingers while saying this. So our cheap skate hero paid him only 20. "Oh tank you verily kindly kind sir!" Habib gleafully exclaimed as he snatched the money from our heros hand before he could blink.

Much to our hero shigrin he was off on his quest within an hour. Calling a Medieval Conquer Cab, our hero arrived at the tower in 10 mintues. "I do hope the reward is big enough to pay off all the money I sunk into this quest, and she better be quite the looker. If not I'll drop her like yesterdays hasenpfeper." Crimson Avenger mumbled under his breath.

The Crimson Avenger walked slowly if not a little cautiously tword his goal. Then he spied her in the top most window of the tower, she was the most beautiful creature he had ever laid his eyes on.

"I' m here my love." he called out to her. Turning so that she can see who called to her, she answered, "Well its about time you showed up!! What took you so freakin damn long!? Don't cha know I;m with child?? I should be pampered right now! Not standing up here like a used toy!!" All this was done with the most annoying high pitched whiny voice the Crimson Avenger ever heard.

Used toy was right our hero thought. It wasn't even his child, it probably belong's to some deamon spawn. Instead of being happy to see him, Nooooo she had to complain.

Suddenly out of the dim recesses of the tower and over the whining cries of the damsel, came a soft booming sound. "oh shut up wench!! I'm tryin' to hear somethin will ya."

The booming continued and growing louder and louder as it came nearer. Then slowly out of the dim tower he saw it. It was huge, enormous, it was really really big. It had two huge mirror like rectangular black eyes, in which our hero saw his reflected horror staring right back at him.

Gaint pointed ears with white tufts in the middle. it's body looked as if it had been burned pink. It has a festive blue shirt with some sort of tropical trees on an island it which our hero has never seen before. The creatures massive feet had some of the biggest sandals he had ever seen. In the middle of the creatures chest he carried an insanely large oversized drum.

"Man I should have never come for this pregnate wench." Our hero exclaimed as the creature raised its magical wantds to strike the drum again. On the drum there was writting on it, which he did not understand.

His blood became chilled when a deep disembodied voice exclaimed, "Energizer!!! It keeps going and going." With that said the huge pink furry creature spun around in a circle an headed straight for our hero.

Seeing this our hero without much preamble wetted his pants and went screaming mommie as the huge pink creature walked right over him.

Hope all enjoy
Cheers

I really liked the glasses of the future, those would sell for a fortune!
I loved the Crimson Avanger, he spends alot on clothing.......
Your stories are short and sweet, unlike books where they spend describing the glove on the man's hand.....

Crimson Avenger the Lost Cronicles

Picture it.....A open, very large, hughmongusly large desolate lanscape. Not to mention that is very, very, blazingly brite almost like looking into a flashlight for hours on end. It is 9:15pm or for those who go on the 24 hour system 21:15, in the 3rd month, of the 9th week, of the 20th year, of the 4th decade, during the 600th revolution of the Earth, of a really, really, really sickening huge big number of Earth's orbit around the sun. Now with that being said the local time now is August 25, 2478.

Somehow our hero managed to crawl through a worm hole accidentally, while under his covers in bed doing something immoral and condemmed by all persons sancitmonious and true.

Now he's standing in a place with tall glassy like towers. Wagons that move without horses and people, oh yes lots of people, in fact tons of people. Looking at these people, he sees them carrying swords that are round and black, and appear to be hollow.

The men were dressed in suits with belts over thier shoulders in an "x" fashion. The women were scantilly clad wearing these barely opaque dresses, trousers with halter tops the list just goes on an on. Our hero began frothing at the mouth at the sight of these women. The women too were carrying these......

*insert annoying record squelch here*

*Writer's manly somewhat boyyish voice*

"Oh sorry about that kind gentlefolk it would appear that I wrote him into the wrong scene."

*Insert sound of projector screen rewinding stopping then slowly picking up pace to normal speed*

Our hero was then thrust into an artic wasteland as was previously mentioned before. There on a frozen hillside slicked with ice, a little ahead of him stood a Molsen Ice Sign. Behind it loomed a tall, gigantic, mamoth sized fleshly creature, with no hair that could be seen.

The Crimson Avenger turned away from the site with fear bubbling in his eyes and said,

*Enter squelching record sound again*

"Hey you with the pencil!! Yeah you, you cow headed mule!! (interesting put down don't cha think) Stop that !! Get me the hell outta here!!!" "No. Replies, the boyish manly voice of the writer. "The fuck you say!!! I want out now" screamed the petulant baby hero. "No." Replied the writer once again. "But I'm the hero you gotta do as I say!!" Our hero replies in a whinny broken hoarse voice. "You wanna bet?" The writer replies annoyedly.

"No not really. I'm just tired of this shit!!" Bemoans our hero. To which the writer replies, "Quit your god damn bellyaching!! Get over it and quit trying to piss me off!! Or you'll never work in this town again!!" Our sullen and fully chastisend hero replies, "Since you put it that way, I'll go but next time I want to be someplace safe. Understand?? I can't take any more of this its ruining my good looks."

*Insert sound of projector screen rewinding stopping then slowly picking up pace to normal speed*

On this fleshy creature were a pair of narrow slanted eyes, and a couriously smiling mouth, and on tope of what could only be this creatures head were tow big red thingys. Somewhere out of the distance our hero hears, "The new gladlocke zipper bags. The only one with tough tiny teeth that you can feel gripping" The previously immobile fleashy creature began to fall foreward and move sideways tword our hero.

"Not again", our hero exlcaimed as he tried to run but his feet were frozen in place. "Mama help m......" is all our hero could say as this fleshy creature thing smashed him into the ground. The pleasent voice from before then continued saying, "Locks freshness and oder in and keeps out frostbite."

The Crimson struggled up from his premature burial and thought about how much he'd like to see those strange women again in that strange tower filled village. Instead our hero has to fight his way out of the huge bag the fleshy creature imprisoned him in. "Oh smell that fridged air!!"

Our hero joyously announced as he steps out of his confinement. Looking up and round thankful for being alive our hero sees the horid fleshy creature. Thankfully the creature is moving away from him, but as the creature moves away the two huge red thingys fall off and crush our beloved, stout hero into the snow.

The red thingys have a huge gold embossed letter "G" on them. So people now pass this spot and pause to remeber the Crimson Avenger and his "G" spot.

Hope all enjoy

this next one isn't so much as a short story or peom but a random thought that popped into my head

A child staring up at the crisp spring night sky wondering of life and his importance in it. Asked this question to the air, "Are we just actors playing a part in a movie or on going soap opera for some yet unknown race of beings god or gods, who is now looking down upon us, laughing at our joys. pains, and trials?"

As the child finished the question the cool light breeze that was blowing stopped as if considering the question asked of it. To this day the child now a man still waits for his answer.

Back