Crisis Core Aerith knew, didn't she?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
She knew that
Zack was dying or had died,
didn't she? I've just completed the game barely an hour ago and was really moved by the ending. I just kept on fighting the soldiers and I'm like, "Wtf?!" when they kept coming at me. Poor Zack and poor Aerith ... poor everyone!

hot and cold

yeah aerith knows when people return to the planet. Makes me wonder if she knew in the original that
sephiroth was gonna kill her
. There could be many theories about what happened but I say she knew.

Ugh, I know; I just beat it a couple of days ago myself and I was like "that's not fair, damnit!"

I think Crisis Core makes it very clear that Aerith felt Zack die. But because Crisis Core was made well after the original FFVII game, it's not something we fully see or understand in that game since Zack's story relevance isn't very well seen, and the one scene that's prominant with him is totally optional (the infamous ride in the blue pick-up with Cloud)

Heck, I'm sure Zack wasn't expected to be such a popular character after his appearance in Advent Children either xD

But yeah, Aerith had to have known -_-

I'm almost positive. I think the planet was telling her that Zack was dying. She brought her hands up in prayer, shaking her head slightly and barely whispering "no" in the english version if you listen close enough. And then the sorrow in her eyes when she looked up was unmistakable. She knew the planet had taken Zack away from her. Aerith knows when people die because of her powers as a Cetra. As for Aerith knowing she herself was going to die, I don't think even the planet knew Aerith was going to die. It was so sudden, so unexpected and happened so quickly it didn't give anybody or anything time to register. That's just my opinion on it all though. That's what I think.

My personal belief is to ignore all extramaterial contributions to the series (anything not FFVII) but I do believe she felt him dying. Even when she met Cloud she referred to Zack in an almost ironic manner. She may not have known he was dead but she certianly knew something was amiss. Again, I'm not really sure there's anything proving that she knew Zack was gone but I do doubt she was not anything less than suspicious.

Yeah, she knew after all didn't she say in the original that she can hear the cry of the planet,
Zack went to the lifestream
and she's kinda connected with that, so she obviously knew, and her reaction sums it up. :\

It's the way she looks up at the end after he dies that gives it away, that expression said it all really. And realistically, if she knew her adoptive mums (name escapes me) husband was dead, and his spirit was trying to visit her - but he returned to the planet, she's bound to know about soemone dying taht she cared about. Wether she was ever intened to know this in FFVII is anybodies guess.....

I got the feeling that towards the end of the game Aeris realized that Zack probably wasn't going to come back, as it said in the game he had been away for around 4 years, so after that long she might have though "he might not be comming back" and in all honesty im surprised that she hadn't moved on towards the end of the game.

i completed hard mode and easy mode twice... i wish i could re-write the ending it makes me cry...i also found out theres no way to beat that fight, no way in hell...

i completed hard mode and easy mode twice... i wish i could re-write the ending it makes me cry...i also found out theres no way to beat that fight, no way in hell...

Lets keep on topic please - this topic is in reference to whether aerith knew or not that Zack was dead

I think Aeris knew she was gonna die in FF7. THere are a few things she says when u finish the temple of the ancients part. About I have to face this alone or something. And about holy.

Wrong game ;))

yeah aerith knows when people return to the planet. Makes me wonder if she knew in the original that
sephiroth was gonna kill her
. There could be many theories about what happened but I say she knew.

She can't read the future, but if someone is beyond saving by any kind of medical intervention, then maybe.

As for the original story line, she was perfectly healthy. She knew that it was dangerous, but she couldn't read the future of her ultimate fate.

I personally believe, since she's an ancient, the lifestream keeps her updated on all of its activities and tells her when people are gonna get it. The planet basically told her when Zack got it at the end of Crisis Core. And as far as the original game... she obviously knew. What I dont get is why cloud just watched it happen. He coulda done SOMETHING!!!

But I guess it made the story better. If that never happened, Advent Children woulda been a much less interesting movie.

Cloud could barely lift his head by that point. he may of "killed" sephiroth only to have him returned, but sephiorth knocked him out for 4 years and left him weak as a puppy(thus explaining why you start at such a low level).

As for the final battle, well i went for about 20 miinutes before dying, and i hate that the ending is more than half an hour like metal gear, but unlike metal gear, is unskipable.

Back to the point though, even if Aeris knew, she'd of still sent the last letter, and she should of been more peeved at cloud showing up with Zack's sword/clothes on.(retcon of the clothing steal?)

She knew, you can tell by the way she looks up in the ending. And like people have pointed out, she knows when people close to her die because she's an ancient

Back