Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Thought I'd share this with you guys, for anyone who's interested. Adobe Creative Suite CS2 is now free, so if anyone wants to grab this awesome program, here you go. :) http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

You can nab other free programs as well, like Illustrator CS2, InDesign CS2, etc.

Have fun and hope to see some new faces in the Graphics Section!

Do many people around here use this to make sigs/avis? :hmmm:
I only ask so that I can annoy them sometime when I start learning.

I believe that not a huge different between the different CS's, I use cs6 and have use CS3 and apart from the way the menu's are dealt with and extra filters there not a huge difference

I actually knew about this for a long time now :-)wacky:)

But I didn't wanna share it, due to the fact that I might have been hunted down for sharing warez, haha.

Either way, good jobs Mits :reptar: @Mitsuki

@Sprout

Many people here use different versions of Photoshop. But most of them don't really have any major changes from each other. Mostly just moved tools and interface updates.

Has it been free for that long then? xD Well, in any case, it's good to share.

@Sprout - there's still a few of us around that uses CS2, I think. I used that when I first learned photoshop. It's really not a big difference between other versions.

Ah I see. It says that it's compatible with Windows 2000/XP only, so there's no point me downloading it on my Windows 7, right?

Ah I see. It says that it's compatible with Windows 2000/XP only, so there's no point me downloading it on my Windows 7, right?

I have CS2, and I'm running W7. Works perfectly with no problem.

Those requirements are the minimum for any modern machine, I think.

Just make sure to click on WIN version when you DL it, if you do.

Also, Mits,

Not sure how long they been up there now. They've been up since November though, that's when I downloaded it.

I first started making signatures with Cs2 and switched to Cs5 later down the road. There isn't too much of a difference between them and both are simple enough to navigate. I've seen amazing signatures come out of Cs2. Hopefully we'll get some new GFX members soon. ^_^

I'll be nabbing Illustrator and in Design now :hmmm:

if it was not for the fact that I have to use the latest version for uni, I would download this right away

Sprout i use CS2 to make my graphics.

When making sigs the version of photoshop really doesnt matter. The later versions definitely have a better layout and your tools are at hand in more convenient places but for sig making it doesnt matter what version of photoshop you use. Having CS6 wont make you better than someone with experience who is using GIMP. Its knowing how to use your tools and how to combine things effectively. Thats what makes the artist.

Having said that though CS2 is brilliant graphics program and i will continue to use it for the rest of my GFX days. Im very used to it now and i know most of the ins and outs of it. I have different work spaces saved so i can switch between them to make the layout more convenient to me. When im rendering i like to have all my tools away so i can only see the image for example etc etc Highly recommend this to anyone who is serious about making graphics. Its a brilliant program which i swear by.

When you get more serious with graphic making and are making serious high quality manipulations the later versions of photoshop will have some very handy tools for it. Also CS2 can be used with Maxon Cinema4D which allows you to save what you make as a .PSD file and edit it directly in photoshop. So yeah. I really recommend this to everyone. :D

So apparently I have Vista.

Anyone with Vista know if this would work okay even though it doesn't mention Vista in the requirements?

works fine on windows 7, soo wouldn't think why it wouldn't work on vista :)

but we are talking about vista here

I have removed my other 'legally purchased from a licensed vendor' copy of CS2, so I hope this runs fine. I did not realise CS2 was old and outdated, I assumed it was cutting edge. It always worked fine for me.

CS2 is da bomb. :neomon:

Seriously. I started using that program about eight years ago. It really is fantastic image editing software.

Is this still working? Because the last time I tried to activate this, they stopped activating copies of it. :hmmm:

If it is, I'll give it another go.

To be fair, there's not a whole lot of 'FFF community' difference when it comes to Photoshop CS2 or CS6. The newer versions have a lot more abilities to make photos look more quality like, but aside from that, it serves pretty much the same when it comes to signature making. So I wouldn't necessarily say it's heavily outdated. It does what it's supposed to do - unless you're looking in to making more complicated pieces rather than just graphics. =]

Back