A Bit about Mormonism (LDS)

NeroTrinityX

NANI?!
Gil
So... in the shoutbox, a few times I mentioned I was a Mormon Priest (Melchizedek Priesthood Holder) some think that equals not being able to marry and stuff, and for others it means "YOU'RE ALLOWED MORE THAN ONE WIFE?!" well... neither of those are really true for the Latter Day Saints.

We ARE Christians, and do NOT worship Joseph Smith, though we do thank him for restoring the true church of Jesus Christ. (Take that one for what you will) we do believe that John 3:16 is a major reason we exist, but we also believe he's the only person who had a perfect atonement for our iniquities.

As for the Book of Mormon, we do use it and the Bible, we believe that we get a fuller gospel with both. In the Book of Mormon, after the Nephites were wiped out, Moroni began to teach the Lamanites about the gospels, saying... "If you believe the Bible, then you shall also believe in the Book of Mormon."

We do believe in a Living Prophet to give us revelation. Our prophet as of right now is Thomas S. Monson, and his Presidency are Henry B. Eyring and Deiter F. Uchtdorf.

We also take the Sacrament every sunday, to renew our oaths and covenants with god.

We don't drink, smoke, or do drugs... In fact we don't drink coffee or tea either. We believe in the laws of chastity. And after 1890 we're only allowed to have one wife, to which we'll be sealed to for time and eternity.

Any questions about my faith? I'll answer a few here!

Back