Gil
FFXIV
Cruise Azure
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Final Fantasy Forums
Greetings.

I played ARR during its PS3 stage into the release of PS4. I spoke with a few of you in Discord and decided I would like to join you all in Lamia. Below is my character. I will be getting a name change pretty soon after I can start playing again. I'm in the process of updating the game on my PS4.

I last played in early 2015. I reached level 50 Summoner, Scholar, Warrior, White Mage, and Black Mage and that's about it really. I'm not sure how good my gear is anymore. I'm pretty sure I have my Relic but I can't remember how far into it I got. Maybe only the second stage or third if I'm lucky. I never finished Bahamut Coil and would like to just so I can say I have. And I think I have something like 800k Gil which is a lot less than I thought. I remember I had given a lot away when I quit.

So. I might have a few things I need to finish on ARR I'm not really sure but I should be getting into HW soon.

Your gear I wouldn't worry about too much. The max ilvl(Item Level) for ARR is 130 but you can still easily finish ARR with your current ilvl. The higher your max ilvl just means it'll be that much longer before you'll have to replace it in HW so it's not a big deal.

As for your Relic Weapon that's not important anymore. If you want to still do it for cosmetic purposes feel free but it's not really worth it. Only focus on it when you get caught up on to the endgame of Shadowbringers and that's only if you want to do it. Outside of cosmetics it's only really worthwhile to do if you're raiding.

The Binding Coil I wouldn't focus on honestly. If you really want to clear it you'll need a pre-made group because you'll never find anyone via Duty Finder. Just focus on getting caught up. When you get into Heavensward and eventually Stormblood endgame there will be a raid tier that you can play if you want to on Normal mode since plenty of people still play those for their daily roulettes but definitely stay away from Savage since you'll never find a group without a pre-made party.

Finally 800k really isn't much but is more than enough for getting you through story progressing but you'll earn more back as you progress. There are some crafters about on here that I'm sure wouldn't mind crafting you some leveling if you need it if you asked them to save you a bit of money.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

I've been in a similar position to yourself.

I only started playing the game again because they were giving Heavensward away for free. This prompted me to subscribe again in order to complete post-ARR content so that I could begin Heavensward.

I'm very glad I did. The end of the ARR patches is rather excellent, and I'm really loving all of Heavensward so far.

Like you, I haven't managed to beat the Binding Coil stuff. I think I did one level, but that's as far as I got. So if you are looking for other people from FFF who need to do that, I'll be one of them.

Your gear I wouldn't worry about too much. The max ilvl(Item Level) for ARR is 130 but you can still easily finish ARR with your current ilvl. The higher your max ilvl just means it'll be that much longer before you'll have to replace it in HW so it's not a big deal.

As for your Relic Weapon that's not important anymore. If you want to still do it for cosmetic purposes feel free but it's not really worth it. Only focus on it when you get caught up on to the endgame of Shadowbringers and that's only if you want to do it. Outside of cosmetics it's only really worthwhile to do if you're raiding.

The Binding Coil I wouldn't focus on honestly. If you really want to clear it you'll need a pre-made group because you'll never find anyone via Duty Finder. Just focus on getting caught up. When you get into Heavensward and eventually Stormblood endgame there will be a raid tier that you can play if you want to on Normal mode since plenty of people still play those for their daily roulettes but definitely stay away from Savage since you'll never find a group without a pre-made party.

Finally 800k really isn't much but is more than enough for getting you through story progressing but you'll earn more back as you progress. There are some crafters about on here that I'm sure wouldn't mind crafting you some leveling if you need it if you asked them to save you a bit of money.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Oh okay. Could I see your character lodestone please?

I've been in a similar position to yourself.

I only started playing the game again because they were giving Heavensward away for free. This prompted me to subscribe again in order to complete post-ARR content so that I could begin Heavensward.

I'm very glad I did. The end of the ARR patches is rather excellent, and I'm really loving all of Heavensward so far.

Like you, I haven't managed to beat the Binding Coil stuff. I think I did one level, but that's as far as I got. So if you are looking for other people from FFF who need to do that, I'll be one of them.

Awesome. It will be good to play with someone. I think I might have to beat Ultima weapon I think its something I missed so maybe we can do that together.

Okay. :polyphemos:

Hit Polyphemos Bromios up (or contact me here if you prefer) when you are about and I'll run that with you if I'm about. We might be able to convince other forum members to help out too!

Okay. :polyphemos:

Hit Polyphemos Bromios up (or contact me here if you prefer) when you are about and I'll run that with you if I'm about. We might be able to convince other forum members to help out too!

It should be an easy run at this point in the game.

I don't mind helping out. You'd be better off contacting me here or on Discord though. I'm not usually in the game too often right now. If I'm free I'll help out.

As for my Lodestone

Lalafell best race by the way.

Thanks Shivas.

Update: After over 24 hours of Updating the game on my PS4 I noticed that when I tried logging in it wouldn't let me change my username. I got pretty mad and had to Google. They essentially told me that PS4 accounts for some reason bind accounts and so if I want to play I would have to play on a very shitty ALT I made awhile ago when I had lost my main account. (Very upsetting) So I made a new PSN and account and REPURCHASED the game entirely which cost me $35. After trying to log in on my NEW account it told me my Username had been bound to another PSN. (I think my PS3 PSN which I don't even remember) I raged out. Its so annoying.

Can anyone help with this? I put in work for my character I DO NOT want to start again. Why do they BIND accounts anyway? You should be able to freely change your username... really makes me mad. UGh please help.

If you’re trying to change your character’s name then you can do that through mogstation! but your username is bound to your PSN account D:

If you’re trying to change your character’s name then you can do that through mogstation! but your username is bound to your PSN account D:

Yeah I just found this out. I don't think I can play my main through my playstation and I may be forced to start over. Very disappointed. As if I would want to start over from scratch. I also lose out on all my cool unique items I got from events and such. My options are either buy a new PC so I can play which I don't want to do or try unlinking my accounts. I sent SE a message saying I wanted one account unlinked and another account linked. I don't get why they bind accounts anyway. You should be able to change username freely like every other game.

Update: So anyway. After a few days of back and forth with Square, I think I will be able to unlink my account and play on my original soon. (Maybe a few more days) In the meantime, I rushed a new account. Hit 50 summoner again in a few days. Not sure if I'm going to keep this account or what. Don't really know what I'm doing atm. Time will tell.

Ok sorry for posting a lot but I finally made it on over 2 Lamia. I need someone to recruit me please. :D

Reactions: Six
Ok sorry for posting a lot but I finally made it on over 2 Lamia. I need someone to recruit me please. :D

If I gathered it correctly, Sly has done so and sent you an invite to the linkshell.

The linkshell is mainly FFF member based, even if they aren’t in the Gaia FC.

Yep thanks Sly! I'm well into my HW content now and am enjoying it. I was very lucky I was all the way up to the Steps of Faith. I just cleared Ravana and the Dungeon which follows. Message me in game guys! My name is now Cruise Azure.

Hey guys. I didn't want to make a new topic so ya. When I get a spare minute I like training my other classes. I recently got my WHM to 60 which was a piece of cake thanks to queue times. The grind was fairly simple. However, after trying to readjust my Warrior and Black Mage skills I basically have forgotten how to play so I need some help with what to do. They're level 50.

TLDR": What skills do I use for Black Mage? And what skills do I use for Warrior is my question.

hmmm I haven't tried any of those classes in 5.0 and I'm assuming they're much different now but here's a BLM basic rotation guide that still works (I think?)

2799fc0e0ac811b26dd826f381bbf4d8.jpg

and here's a 5.0 War guide that I found (level 80 though)

here's a BLM basic rotation guide that still works (I think?)
Ah yes let me just cast Diversion :wacky:

Also, switching between elements is free now when you have 3 stacks of Astral Fire / Umbral Ice, so you can probably get another Fire IV in there.

Back