Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Chanteru Chandora
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Ace Attorney 5

Capcom released a new trailer for Ace Attorney 5 at the Tokyo Game Show, and Ace Attorney series fansite, Court Records, have put a subtitled version of the trailer up as well. You can watch this below (make sure to turn annotations on for the subtitles).

Ace Attorney 5 is headed to the west, but doesn’t have a release date yet.

Ace Attorney 5 (TGS 2012 Trailer)

Source: Siliconera

X-x-X-x-X

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

Capcom are everywhere at TGS this year. In their own games, in a Namco game, in a Level 5 game. Which Level 5 game? Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, of course!

Level 5 and Shu Takumi are collaborating on creating the game together. It has a revamped court system for when you play as Nick, and an exploration aspect in a town, as well as puzzles, when you take control of Layton.

The cutscene animation for Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney is being done by Fullmetal Alchemist studio, Bones. The game will be released on November 29th.

TRAILER: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney (TGS 2012 Trailer)

X-x-X-x-X

Personally, I can't wait for Ace Attorney 5 to make it's way over to the U.S.! x3 I've been playing the series from the beginning~ It may take awhile for me to get used to the drastic change in graphics, but I think it's a step in the right direction. So long as the dialogue and characters are as humorous as ever! But who the heck is this new girl alongside Phoenix?? Where's Maya? ;__;

The Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney game looks pretty good, too. Although I haven't played many Professor Layton games (honestly the puzzles became too difficult for me! lol), the style of this game is interesting... The storyline looks pretty involved, so perhaps this game will have an "OVA" feel to it? I'm used to the Ace Attorney games having separate episodes/cases.

Last edited:
I can't wait for both of these games to come out! I'm also wondering where Maya is. I guess she's the head of the mediums now or whatever, so she can't spend all of her time around Phoenix. I hope that she at least makes an appearance. I also wonder if Apollo's going to be in this one, too. I guess he wasn't that popular.

Phoenix looking badass:
original.png

I can't wait for both of these games to come out! I'm also wondering where Maya is. I guess she's the head of the mediums now or whatever, so she can't spend all of her time around Phoenix. I hope that she at least makes an appearance. I also wonder if Apollo's going to be in this one, too. I guess he wasn't that popular.

I hope Maya makes a special appearance, too. The new girl looks like she uses some "heart" skill or whatever, seems weird. I never really liked Apollo Justice. He just didn't have that same "pizzazz" that Phoenix Wright has. xD

Color me interested! It really makes me tempted to get the Nintendo 3DS... With that... Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance... And now, this.

Oooh well. I actually hope Ace Attorney 5 would go further with the relationship between Maya and Phoenix though. Considering all the events from the previous series, it feels rather disappointing that its never actually delved into, plot-wise.

EDIT: Just seen the trailer for AA5. That girl's ability feels like a slightly different version of Apollo's ability hm.

Color me interested! It really makes me tempted to get the Nintendo 3DS... With that... Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance... And now, this.

Oooh well. I actually hope Ace Attorney 5 would go further with the relationship between Maya and Phoenix though. Considering all the events from the previous series, it feels rather disappointing that its never actually delved into, plot-wise.

EDIT: Just seen the trailer for AA5. That girl's ability feels like a slightly different version of Apollo's ability hm.

You should definitely get a 3DS if you can get one for a pretty decent price! :3 I think it'll be worthwhile for Ace Attorney 5 and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance was a pretty cool game! Reminded me of the first Kingdom Hearts game. ^^

When you say "Maya and Phoenix's relationship," are you referring to an "older brother-younger sister" sorta bond or are you suggesting that there's something romantic between the two of them?? o_o; I may be assuming, so I apologize for that! xD; I'm just curious as to what you meant. They definitely have a close bond/relationship throughout the games! ^__^

Here's some new Ace Attorney 5 news for you all~ :3 This is a pretty in-depth update, so get excited!! x3
(I've bolded the sections that might be of particular interest!)

aa5_phoenix_thumb.jpg

It’s been five years since the last release of a numbered Ace Attorney game.

Over the last few year’s there’s been a bit of staff shuffling, what with series creator, Shu Takumi, focusing on other projects (such as Ghost Trick) and Takeshi Yamazaki taking over for Ace Attorney Investigations.

Ace Attorney 5’s producer is Motohide Eshiro, who was also involved with Investigations and is known for his involvement in numerous other Capcom titles as well, including Okamiden, the upcoming DmC Devil May Cry and more. Working on Ace Attorney 5’s scenario is Takeshi Yamazaki, who also worked on Investigations 2 and was in charge of planning for Apollo Justice.

According to an interview in Nintendo Dream magazine, talk of Ace Attorney 5 started last autumn. Once the staff was decided upon, the four writers and the character designer lodged together for four days and three nights, for an intense brainstorming session. It was during this time that they came up with the “impactful event” for this game—the courtroom explosion seen in the trailer.

(Previous ideas included “flying courtroom” and “torture courtroom”.)

img_chara_pict01p_thumb.jpg

Phoenix’s return as the protagonist of the game raised some concerns, the Nintendo Dream interview reveals. Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth had never been the main playable character prior to the Investigations games, so his quirks were easy to work with. On the other hand, because Phoenix has been the main character from the start, and he is someone everyone can relate to, it took much more time to grasp his character. In addition, the team wanted to create a Phoenix that inherited his traits from Apollo Justice, but also brought back some of his “youth” from Trials and Tribulations.

As previously reported, Ace Attorney 5 also gives Phoenix a new partner—Kokone Kizuki, whose name comes from a play on words for “to notice things” and “listening to the heart or soul”. She was designed to be a heroine who actively fights alongside Phoenix, and so, is a defense attorney working under Phoenix. At first her design was extremely sci-fi-esque, traces of which can still be seen in her final design. The monitor (named “Monita”) hanging from her neck is what enables the special “Heart Scope” function in this game.

img_system_pict02p_thumb.jpg

The Heart Scope was an idea that had been present since the start. Yamazaki suggested a system where one could see through the various emotions a witness goes through as he’s giving his account. These emotions would hold the key to seeing through the various preconceptions and prejudices of people dragged into such an extreme situation (a murder) that eventually appear in their testimonies.

Another topic brought up was the subject of voices, which appeared in the promotional video shown in the TGS. This will be the first time voice actors will be used in-game (previously, they only appeared on the DS trailers). The staff are aware that there will be much resistance to the doing away of the bleep-bloops of the series, but say that the change was made after much consideration.

o0230012912246784243_thumb.jpg

The first reason for this was that, due to the 3DS’ surround sound capabilities, bringing over the DS sounds as they are would have been extremely difficult due to tuning problems.

Another concern was that the staff wanted the game sequences to work with the anime scenes, which are also fully voiced.

Finally, the subject of returning characters is brought up. These were carefully selected by Eshiro, who says he considered characters that were not only very popular but also those who would fit into the story of Ace Attorney 5 without feeling awkward or forced.

Sounds like a pretty good update overall. Who knows when we'll see Ace Attorney 5 in the U.S. or Europe, but it's nice to see the current development of the game. Fully voiced scenes, a new system of analyzing witnesses using the Heart Scope feature, completely new 3D models... There's a lot of differences when compared to the previous DS games.

I'm usually a bit resistant to change, but I'm hoping that the creators kept the fans in mind when making these changes && that overall, this game will exude the awesome Ace Attorney game play that we all adore. I want funny dialogue and courtroom expressions!! xD

"Ace Attorney 5 Has A Prosecutor Who Is Accused Of Murder"
Date: April 16, 2013

The latest issue of Famitsureveals that Apollo will be reappearing to fight in the court in Ace Attorney 5. The magazine also confirms a July 25th release date.

A new character, known as Jin Yagami (Kanji reading subject to change—Ace Attorney likes its puns) is a prosecutor who is actually serving a sentence for murder, but he’s been nominated to stand as prosecutor in court. (Whether or not he actually committed murder is, of course, a mystery.)

Ace Attorney 5 will have pre-order bonuses of costume DLC for three of it. main characters. These costumes will be made available for free upon the game’s release until August 15th. Here’s what the costume bonuses are:

• Phoenix’s older suit from previous Ace Attorney games
  • A casual outfit for Apollo designed by artist Kazuya Nuri
  • A younger look with a schoolgirl outfit for Konkone

Ace Attorney 5 will be released in Japan on July 25th for Nintendo 3DS.

It'll be great that were getting another game since we didn't get one for the past 5 years. Both Phoenix and Apollo in it will make it an awesome game! Hope Maya/Mia make their debuts in it.

So, there's a demo now available on the 3DS. Has anyone else played it yet? :gasp:

I think it's great! At first, I was pretty skeptical about the graphics changes. I mean, they really weren't necessary to me at all, but it's a nice change I suppose and it doesn't take away too much from the original concept.

Also, at first I was hating on Athena and thought she was pretty useless. Guess I'm more of a fan of Maya and Emma. :p But Athena isn't too bad! And her new power is kinda interesting. It's influenced by the field of analytical psychology and she's able to detect people's emotions/moods using a software on her computer.

Anyhow, I'm excited to play this when it releases on Thursday, October 24th! :3

Back