Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Famitsu.com has posted the expected accompanying article for the Final Fantasy Type-0 coverage that appeared this week's Weekly Famitsu.

Here are some details on what's in the Famitsu.com story.

MISSIONS

Up at the top, the site shows screens of the game's mission flow. As you progress in the story, you'll receive orders from the Suzaku military commanders. To begin your mission, you'll want to speak to a Moogle in the school. You then head out to the battle field on a world map.

Axgf0.jpg

In the Famitsu screens, when you speak to the Moogle, he tells you (in Moogle speak) that a major mission has arrived. The text in the Famitsu mission briefing describes an operation by the Suzaku army against the invading Milites forces in the area surrounding the school. The army is unable to enter a strategic base, so they've called upon the students of Class Zero (that's you) for help.

g9qbv.jpg

In another screen, we see three students running about apparently receiving notices from Kurasame, their teacher.

tQYnP.jpg

SUMMONS

While the site doesn't offer too many specifics on battle, it does show one thing we've all been waiting to see: summons.

In Type-0, summons are referred to as Gunshin, which I think can be translated to "Gods of War." They appear for a limited time, but are fully controlled by the player.

Famitsu shows Ifreet and Golem. Ifreet has various fire-based commands. Golem has moves like "Megaton Punch" and the defensive "Burst Mode" move which blocks out attacks for a limited time.

TaL6g.jpg

aDHdh.jpg

There's a big catch to using a summon, though. The summoning player sacrifices himself and can no longer be used for the remainder of the battle.

CHARACTERS

The site also has screens of the latest characters: Cid, Khalia Chival VI, Qator Bashtar and Izana. You'll find details here.

32YPp.jpg

Cidolf Hitler (nickname given by me, not Andriasang)

jlvzm.jpg

Khalia Chival VI

xODGF.jpg

Qator Bashtar

Wwodd.jpg

Military Operation Organisation Guidance & Logistics Expert, a.k.a. Moogle

rc4kN.jpg

Chocobo loving Izana

Getting particular attention are Machina Kunagiri and Rem Tokimiya, the two playable characters who appear to have a special role in the game beyond the twelve other playable students from the Suzaku school. It was previously said that Rem and Machina are students in Class Zero, just like the other students. Famitsu reveals that they actually joined the class midway through rather than starting off with everyone. The site also notes that they alone are specified with full names (I'll also point out that unlike the other students, they're not named after playing cards).

YbvOD.jpg

Source: Andriasang

Lots of information about this game in the past few months... it must be upon Japan at least, soon... strange there's been no release date yet.
The visuals on this game are absolutely stunning.. jeeze!

"Machina" indeed...dear god, I hope his name gets changed if/when this game gets released in English :ffs:

In any case, this is reminding me a great deal of Phantasy Star Portable, both in terms of presentation and the mission-style gameplay...not that I'm complaining, I LOVE the PSP games.

If there is one thing I'm not keen on at all is the need to sacrifice a character to summon, so chances are I'll probably not be using them as often as I'd like to. Still, with 14 playable characters, I suppose I can spare one or two of them.

"Machina" is a silly name yes, but I love his weapons. <3 :sad3:

The part about sacrificing your own character when using a summon and then controlling the summon is going to be one of those weird changes. I think it could take some getting used to.. I mean I wonder if summons can really save your ass in this game and not be useless like they kinda were in Final Fantasy XIII mostly. I see that a name was given instead of just naming them Eidolons again. That burst mode technique Golem has blocks attacks for a limited amount of time.. yea but I am sure some enemies/bosses can counter... :gasp:..

This means dont use summons when fighting bosses except if your char almost died and you are out of pots etc....also limit time under a minute.....I hate what they are doing to summons lately...FFX summons still my favo...iFREET funnnyyyy........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back