[24/03] Final Fantasy III arrives on App Store, is fantastically expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
FF3CG.jpg

Square Enix’s decidedly non-iPhone RPG is now available on the App Store – at a decidedly non-iPhone price.

After pegging the game with a cryptic “this month” release date earlier, er, this month, Square Enix has finally seen fit to bring Final Fantasy III to the App Store. This, of course, is the real FFIII – not the one with Kefka and his zany, mostly murderous antics.

Want it? Of course you do. The question, however, is whether or not you $15.99/£9.49 want it. For those of you who’ve been spoiled by the App Store’s normal Iwata-infuriating price range, that could very well be the amount you’ve spent on your entire game library.

On the other hand, this particular FFIII remake was originally a $40 DS game with a breadth of content to match. So, all told, this actually isn’t that bad. Also, we’re sure there will be some sort of ludicrous discount sale before long, because – hello – App Store.

So then, make with the spending. Or don’t. If it helps, pretend Square Enix is one of the Final Fantasy franchise’s many charmingly rogue-ish thieves. After all, this universe may operate on a tug-of-war between currencies, but you can’t put a price on heart.

Source: VG247

Just bought this game for my iphone. Other Square games were on sale (like ~50% discount), so I decided to buy chaos rings too.

Yes I agree, it's very expensive. But hey, I am a final fantasy fan! and considering the price for the DS version to be higher, (which has less pretty graphics) I think it's worth it. I am just scared of future discounts, where the price slashes beyond regret :(

Tried out earlier, and so far so good. The cute graphics and music are excellent. (First time playing FFIII)

Now I am crossing my fingers for FFIV for iOS. I will be happy with either the DS port or the newly released PSP port.

Wow, what a stupid article. People thinking $15 is expensive? When it was released on the DS it was $30-35

I guess since people have to pay more than 1 dollar on the iphone the i phone, then its too much. At least this will give gamers some depth on the damn "gaming" system

(Isn't Kefka from VI...?) This guy must be kinda cheap, or not very used to final fantasy. Final Fantasy always has a long ass story, and usually good graphics/battle system/ characters. The price isn't all THAT bad.

(Isn't Kefka from VI...?)
Final Fantasy VI was originally called Final Fantasy III over here in the States, when it was on the Super Nintendo. It was fixed in the later versions.

15 dollars is pretty cheap for this game, honestly, but I'd rather play it on the DS. Buttons > Touchscreen every single time.

Final Fantasy VI was originally called Final Fantasy III over here in the States, when it was on the Super Nintendo. It was fixed in the later versions.

15 dollars is pretty cheap for this game, honestly, but I'd rather play it on the DS. Buttons > Touchscreen every single time.

but zooming in in the iphone is fun :) Like when you are looking for hidden items, you can just pinch the screen to zoom in. Aside from little annoyance here and there, it's a decent 'controller'.

The downside is, battery goes flat really fast...

People have iPhones and they think a 15 dollar game is expensive? If you shelled out 500+ for a stupid phone, 15 shouldn't be that much, right?

Personally, I think its a waste. It is much better on the DS system xD

Why do they keep messing with FF III and FF IV? Let's move on and start messing with FF V and FF VI! They both need remakes, all their other Nintendo brothers have had some lately, why aren't they seeing any?

Anyway, back on topic, $15 is quite a bit of money for an iPod/iPhone game, but cheap compared to the DS version.
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back