[23/07] Final Fantasy Type-0 Shiva Debuts in Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
The Type-0 version of Shiva gets a full profile in Jump this week, and she is indeed as sexy as you might expect (although Jump refers to her as cute...). The magazine has artwork and a couple of screenshots of the summon.

You can actually see a few precious bits of Shiva in the recently released trailer.

294nbdz.jpg

As suggested by the trailer, Shiva moves around on the battle field like she's sliding, and attacks enemies with ice-based attacks, potentially freezing them and making them incapable of movement. She's capable of close up attacks as well, and you can even maker her do combo attacks depending on your button presses.

Separate from Shiva, the magazine has a few details on the game's Phantoma system. This previously announced system has you suck up "Phantoma" from fallen enemies and monsters. Phantoma is used to power up your character's magic. There are different types, indicated by the color. Different types of development require different types of Phantoma.

We should get a more detailed look at the Phantoma system and all the latest Final Fantasy Type-0 bits later this week from Famitsu.

BONUS!!!

Someone assembled a collage of all the character profile pics from the trailer. You can see the recently unveiled Andoria and Celeste in here.

2ecna85.jpg

Source: Andriasang

Oh thank God, there isn't two of them and they don't transform into a motorcycle. :gasp:

And you can tell this is Nomura behind the character designing. It does look like some characters have been a bit self-plagiarised:

Seven = Lightning and a bit of Fang
Queen = Quistis
Jack = uhh, Reno?
Qator = Gippal, but doing his best Yaag Rosch impression
Celestia = Hope for some reason

And Cid is obviously Hitler.

Shiva is going to be fun to control, I can tell. I love the idea of controlling the summons though and I imagine we will have much more than Shiva. Seven really does look like Lightning and Fang. I really do agree. It would be nice if we can have the rest of the characters up though. So far I like Rem, Seven, Queen, Sice and Machina. The others look good as well. I really want to see Cinque though. D=

Shiva on skates for anyone interested.

zyco1.jpg

Ah, Jump magazine has a rather interesting definition of "cute" I see. And is it just me or should Shiva be bluer than that?

Yeah wtf I understand they should change Shiva's designs from previous titles but this is not the Shiva I know of...I will always love the classical Shiva especially from FFX now she was deliciously hot but fierce and dangerous....this Shiva is too Kawaii and cute like....the absence of cloth and more skin isnt sexy enough......also like Fleur said she aint blue enough...oh well :lew:

Also Gilgamesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome :mokken: Now we need Odin's name too somewhere..
I like the designs and clothing pretty sweet.. I wont bother comparing the characters to previous ff titles so what who cares get over it..I reckon its more of a japanese thing than final fantasy in general...

And is it just me or should Shiva be bluer than that?

Probably Square-Enix's way of saying "maybe if we sex her up some more and make her look more human then more people will buy our game!" The only thing I really took out of the news is that if it wasn't for the hair, nearly every one of those characters would look identical.

-100 originality points.

Shiva looks more of a fanservice thing now. She has been sexed up, and she is not even blue. Now she is just a girl in skates wearing nothing but undergarments. She was mostly deadly and revealing in the other games. I guess it can not be worse than the Shiva sisters transforming into a motorcycle.. :hmmm: She still looks fun to use though in terms of gameplay.

Shiva on skates for anyone interested.

zyco1.jpg

Ah, Jump magazine has a rather interesting definition of "cute" I see. And is it just me or should Shiva be bluer than that?

Haha glad to see Shiva hasn't been sexualized or anything.

Top row- Don't care, they all look as boring as hell and they give horrible flashbacks of FF12.:gonk:

Second row- Don't care for the first lot, Machina looks cute and sexy. King gives off this Seifer vibe, and Eight looks rather plain and looks like he's complaining in the picture.-__-

Third row- Slice looks awesome, she looks like the tough girl, Ace looks sexy, Deuce looks shy and cute, but Deuce ? Isn't that what you call a dumb person ?? wtf. Nine looks like a arrogant tosser, thankyou for destroying my favourite number. Queen looks sexy, but up herself. I hope she's another Quistis.
:hmmm:

Fourth row- Jack, cute. Maybe another Zack ? Rem I love her, I hope she's another Rinoa. Seven is a Lighting wannabe, or maybe Lighting's forgotten rejected twin sister.Kurasama, it looks like he thought that this was Mortal Kombat instead of FF. Don't care about the last dude.

Last row- Fucking awesome, Gilgamesh ! Moogle yay ! Guy in the hood looks interesting ! Andoria looks like she belongs in Star Wars. Celestia looks like there's a bug on her head.
:surprised:

Overall, all this makes me miss highschool. :cry:

*looks at top picture* Awesome, Shiva looks a tad more modest this time ar- *sees fourth post* oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back