Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
type-06.png

New Final Fantasy Type-0 scans from the latest issue of Famitsu have found their way online. The images show off characters Ace, Queen, Nine and Kurasame, whom were all detailed this Monday in a prior Dengeki leak.

Famitsu has much more images than the recent Dengeki shots, so be sure to give the scans a good glance.

type-07.jpg

type-08.jpg

Final Fantasy Type-0 is out this year for PSP.

Source: Scrawlfx

Ace and Queen were first shown in Jump, but Famitsu has a few more details. Ace has a cool appearance and a burning fighting spirit. He’s said to be childish and reckless at times. In battle, Ace uses cards to fight in tricky ways. Queen is sort of a contrast to Ace. Known for her integrity and honesty, Queen stands up against injustice armed with a slender sword.

Nine is armed with a spear and is mentally prepared to die with his comrades on the battlefield. Kurasame, another new character, is a cadet instructor for the Suzuku region. He’s accompanied by a tonberry.

In Final Fantasy Type-0 players control parties with three characters, which you can switch on the fly. You’ll face different enemy types and changing characters is key. Each character has their own weapon and abilities. It’s important to pick the right character for the situation. Targeting enemy commanders is a main strategy. Defeat a leader and the other enemies will surrender.

Additional information courtesy of Siliconera.

Reactions: Rey
So Kurasame is also a new char , he looks ace. He would be my favo char for sure. About the tonberry I heard someone from FFX-2 will also be accompanied by a tonberry...or Im mistaken and got it mixed together..lol.

Tonberry attack Karma nice..that is very interesting..I wonder how that would pan out in battle.

Im still waiting on news about summons and chocobos, Perhaps moogles and moomba's as well.

Reactions: Rey
Does anyone else think they could have been a little more creative with the names? Seriously. But good post, Fleur. Type-0 looks interesting.

Names are meh, but the characters themselves seem awesome enough. At least there aren't any glaring stereotypes here. Besides Auron, err, Kurasame.

I don't really like the names, or the character design. Why does the first scan have a young Auron on it?

I like Queen so far. Though... she reminds me of Jihl Nabaat a little.. she better not have the same character development. Queen is a pretty lame name but it is better than most. But I like her character so far and look forward to seeing more. Kurasame is pretty cool as well because he has a Tonberry xD. I do not like Ace at all..

Interesting to have a Tonberry for a companion! I fondly remember the Tonberries for their exasperating, and rather irritating, battles. Better yet for me always meeting them when I am not high-level enough to deal with them effectively without sacrificing a several party members.

Any idea about a specific release date?

:hmmm:I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to get this game,and these characters aren't helping.They seem either inherently cliched or recycled from Squeenixes past.First impressions are often wrong,though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back