Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
ffiiivjump_thumb.jpg

Square Enix has two Final Fantasy in the works for iPhone. Confirming what [was] reported back in December, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is still on track for release this spring.

And a port of Final Fantasy III is coming with it. V-Jump doesn’t say which version of Final Fantasy III, though. I suppose Final Fantasy III for iPhone will be the Nintendo DS remake with 3D models and actual character personalities. While unlikely, it would be neat if this ended up being the unreleased WonderSwan version done in the style of the Final Fantasy I and II remakes.

Square Enix tends to release their iPhone titles internationally, so an English announcement is probably in the pipeline.

Source: Siliconera

Sweet! Although I'll probably never buy it though, unless i'm really, really bored. I think iPhone apps are kinda expensive.... Or maybe if I get an itunes giftcard.

sadly... i'm android :( but still good news :D wish i had a iphone cuz i would love to play FFIII :)

I got an Ipod Touch which it'll work on, but I've already got my DS so there's much no point :lew:, mind, going by FFI and II on Iphone, it should be pretty cheap considering what you're getting, I mean, I paid like, 2-3 quid for FFII, sweet considering the PSP price.

Not really a point in this Square Enix. Final Fantasy III on DS wasn't even that great so I can not see it being good on the Iphone. I have a Iphone but I dont think Ill be getting this. This is kind of pointless like most things Square Enix do to be honest..

I will not be purchasing this. I was trying to play Secret of Mana on my iPod the other day and found controlling the characters extremely difficult. The iPod just isn't a great platform for adventure/RPG games. Which is ok, because the DS/PSP totally is. :)

Not really a point in this Square Enix. Final Fantasy III on DS wasn't even that great so I can not see it being good on the Iphone. I have a Iphone but I dont think Ill be getting this. This is kind of pointless like most things Square Enix do to be honest..
Pointless? Yes, putting their games out on more platforms for more people to play is totally pointless.

Miyuki is such a Negative Nellie. If you hate Square Enix so much, what are you still doing on this site?

This is fantastic news. I can't find my copy of III for my DS, so I'll pick this up for iphone. The only thing I hate about this is the iphone's stupidly short battery life. Other than that, this is entirely positive.

That's a rather silly point, Adri.

To say FFIII wasn't all that is a rather subjective statement first of all, there were those, like people who enjoy classics, that enjoyed it.

Also, to put it onto another handheld is minimum effort of SE's half, PLUS, it increases the avaliablity of the game meaning more people can play it. How is that pointless?

Miyuki is such a Negative Nellie. If you hate Square Enix so much, what are you still doing on this site?

This is fantastic news. I can't find my copy of III for my DS, so I'll pick this up for iphone. The only thing I hate about this is the iphone's stupidly short battery life. Other than that, this is entirely positive.

No first of all I do not hate Square Enix. I like Square Enix, but sometimes they just have the tendency to do these things. Much like the other recent news about FF II coming to psn etc. While you might think this is positive, I think it is not needed. IX on psn and VIII on psn were great however. These are the sort of things that are good. Sure people would like to play FF III on Iphone. I really do not mind that. But there are always better announcements out there. The reason I think SE goes wrong at the moment is because so many things they are doing these days is just not exciting. By the way Lionheart.. I am on the site because I want to be. Surely you can look around and realize it isn't all final fantasy. I don't stay here for FF alone. Just saying :). Ill have you know that the community is vast. Not going to call you a fan boy or anything but you really shouldn't ask me what I am still doing here without looking in the first place. From Square Enix.. now all I am looking forward to is Final Fantasy Versus XIII, FF XIII-2, and Type-0. Do not get me wrong here.. because I like final fantasy. This one was not good as some of the others imo. I don't think there is anything else to add here.

So you're saying it's pointless to be informed about this? So what, they just release it and hope you find out? It doesn't work like that at all Adri, they need a means of informing the public so they know of the game's release, and announcing it is the very least they could in terms of marketing, hell, it's pretty much something every company does.

Just because you don't personally want it doesn't mean they shouldn't announce it either, else someone could say the same about FFVII, VIII and IX on the PSN.

Great news! I hope that it is the 3D version like in DS, since I don't have a DS.

But at the same time, it's kind of weird. They re-released I-V more than once, where as VI only once (?). They REALLY need to remake FFVI IMO...

Great news! I hope that it is the 3D version like in DS, since I don't have a DS.

But at the same time, it's kind of weird. They re-released I-V more than once, where as VI only once (?). They REALLY need to remake FFVI IMO...
VI was on PS and GBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back