[20/03] Concept art for next Final Fantasy Type- game shown at Hong Kong Playstation event

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
11041920_859969810692rmsuk.jpg

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is now available in storefronts both physically and digitally in all major regions as of today and Square-Enix are currently already making pre-production plans for the next Final Fantasy game spinoff title to feature the "Type" title.

Attendees at the Type-0 Hong Kong event were treated to some concept art for the next Type installment, with the setting distinctively heavily inspired by feudal Japan.

Bear in mind that this is simply concept art at the pre-production phase, outlining the current vision for an upcoming, unannounced game. Whether this will be fully representative of what the final game will deliver in the future is anybody's guess, though given the popularity of settings such as the Sengoku era in Japanese fiction, it seems unlikely that they will drastically deviate from what the concept art depicts.

11079507_859969757359d1szq.jpg

10511479_859969730692hes7l.jpg

1658524_8599696873590e5sxm.jpg

11080756_859969804025u4si1.jpg

10848644_859969794025qcsud.jpg

11058674_859969867359yfsff.jpg

Please note: the images you see of the Hong Kong skyline is NOT concept art. The game likely won't be pulling some sort of bizarre time travel/dimension hopping mechanic that lands them in present day Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour. It is simply a blending of some concept art shots with real-life shots, to I dunno, highlight the fact that they're in Hong Kong?

NeoGAF | Nova Crystallis

Hmm, reminds me of Chaos Rings 2. This is certainly not what I would have expected from another 'Type' game, though. We'll see where this goes!

might be interesting....but it looks like its trying to be a final fantasy esque of whats already popular in japan.but who knows....once its set in stone with concept, i'll judge.

A setting in the Sengoku era would be pretty interesting. Somewhat of a more "realistic" approach than creating a fantasy world as is the case with most Final Fantasy games... oh wait. >.>

I guess with XIII LR, XV and Type-0 they're introducing more realism with doses of fantasy. Obviously the Type spinoff is pulling the same concept, just within a different era.

Just wondering how long this trend will last, because if the next main FF title (XVI?) has a similar concept, then we will all have to say goodbye to traditional FF RPGs and hello to playing time machine in previous historical periods or geographic locations. Assassin's Creed anyone?

Back