Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Famitsu has first details on not one, but two Square Enix PlayStation Vita games this week. Here's what we've heard so far on Armies of Hell and Lord of Apocalypse.

Armies is set in hell, where you face off against demons. You take control of an army of 100 goblins, and must defeat roaming demons as you advance. The game will support four player simultaneous play.

You play as a king of demons and must command an army of 100 goblins in the many floating island that make up hell.

Pikmin was probably the last thing that came to mind when you first heard about the game earlier today, and it probably doesn't have anything to do with Pikmin... but check out that first shot below!

NKTzh.jpg

3zMdJ.jpg

KsbpH.jpg

Sv2Dd.jpg

Square Enix hasn't shared any gameplay details on Army Corps of Hell aside from saying that it will support one to four players.

Square Enix is teaming up with developer Enterphere for the game's development (official site here). The game will have a song from United.

Armies of Hell will launch with the PlayStation Vita (the magazine does not say when that is).

Lord of Apocalypse is an action RPG supporting one to four players. The game has character designs from Tsubasa Masao and will have a major voice cast that includes Shizuka Itou and Tomokazu Sugita (him again!). You'll be able to create a character using a character making feature.

The name "Lord of Apocalypse" may conjure up images of Square Enix's Lord of Vermilion arcade title. The game is said to have the same "world view" as that title. Without seeing the magazine, It is unclear whether this means it's set in the same world or it just has a similar style.

Lord of Apocalypse is also due in 2011, but it's for both PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Source: Andriasang 1 | 2

I'll just drop these here:

Lord of Apocalypse - PSP, PS Vita

Lord of Apocalypse basically looks like Lord of Arcana, SE's rather mediocre attempt at beating Monster Hunter at its own game, but at least this one is looking a little better.

Army Corps of Hell - PS Vita

Overlord + Pikmin + Heavy Metal = this?

Thank the gods that the Vita has already had some top quality titles confirmed for it, because Square Enix certainly don't seem to be inclined to deliver anything of note.

I had a feeling that Army Corps was going to be an Overlord clone. Only Overlord has a distinct advantage: the script was written by Rhianna Pratchett, and it was actually amusing, even if the gameplay left a lot to be desired. I highly doubt this will be able to match that.

Lord of Apocalypse I'm just going to ignore. I was stupid enough to buy Lord of Arcana, so I need no other justification. I can't believe how utterly atrocious that game was, it deserves a sequel no more than FFXIII does. I don't want to know >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back