[14/03] The 3rd Birthday Director Would Make T3B A Console Game, If He Had More Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
The 3rd Birthday much like Final Fantasy Type-0 was first announced for mobile phones. Development switched to PSP and director Hajime Tabata told us he was focused on making the graphics on par with a console game.

But, what if Tabata and his team had more development time? "If we had been given more time on this project from the beginning, we would have switched platforms from the PSP to a home console," Tabata said in a Siliconera interview.

"I would have then liked to have created a shooting-based survival RPG game, where the player is placed in an even more desperate situation, facing insurmountable odds and having to continually fight to survive."

Source: Siliconera

It's things like this that make me mad.

Square Enix is the worlds worst at this. If he wanted to make this game a big, amazing, blockbuster RPG for a console, why didn't he? It's not like they don't have time. It's not like they don't have the money. They just piddle around with stupid side games and leave the fans forced to either a) buy the side game (and the handheld/console that carries it exclusively) or b) miss out on some part of the story (sometimes crucial information!) So all their time and effort is stretched to the limit because they focus on too many things at once.

Maybe I'm just being negative, and maybe I don't understand the business, but it makes more sense to me to make the games that you and I both want, as well as the games that they want to make. Kingdom Hearts 3. Versus XIII. Final Fantasy XV. Do those titles not make your heart race just thinking about them? Would you not jump for joy if you heard they were in production and were going to be ready at the end of the year?

Instead, they waste time and energy on stupid side games that a lot of people don't have the resources to even purchase. It's just sad. Make the game you want to make. I was, and still am, looking forward to this game, but it disheartens me to know that he wanted to make a much bigger game and claimed that "time" was what kept him from it.

Impossible. We all know SE would make every single game for portable consoles only if they had a chance. And then remake them just to be sure.
They would rename themselves SquareMobile.

I agree with both of your posts. They need to stop taking over companies (Like Eidos) and work on what they are known for, mainly Final Fantasy. As for The 3rd Birthday being on console, that would have been amazing, and I'm sure they'd have time as Versus XIII was announced in like 2006 and they're still not sure on releasing it NEXT year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back