[13/09] Final Fantasy X HD Coming to PS3 and Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

王 Yoshida

King Of Asians
Gil
Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy X is in development for PlayStation 3 Vita. The news was delivered at Square Enix’s TGS 2011 conference.

A representative said that development is progressing, but didn’t share any actual details. He told fans to be patient for updates.

For those wondering, the project will be a HD remake of the PlayStation 2 title.

Source 1 >>http://gamingeverything.com/?p=9051

Source 2>>http://n4g.com/news/844245/final-fantasy-x-heading-to-ps3-vita

[13/09] Final Fantasy X HD Coming to PS3, Vita

Square-Enix dropped a bombshell at today's Sony press conference at Tokyo Game Show. With the tenth anniversary of Final Fantasy X coming up, Square thought it would release an HD version of Final Fantasy X.

Details are currently scarce, as the game is still in development. But Final Fantasy X HD will be coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

Source: IGN

:jay: I'd love to get this when I get a PS3

Fuck SE. FFX had good graphics compared to the older FF titles, why don't they make HD versions of the older games... FF6,7,8 and 9. =/ Well, I'm still getting. <_<

I say yay for the HD remake, but boo for it being on a handheld. :hmph:
Honestly, why must SE do this? they give us good news, and give us some horrible news for the HD remake being on their shitty new handheld. :rage: I am disappoint.

Ps3 Vita? So for ps3 AND Vita? I hope so! I will definitely play it on ps3.. How glorious that would be. :) I can't wait.. If its only for the Vita I will be disappointed... I'm at work atm so I can't check out the links yet. I'll do that at Home!!!

I say yay for the HD remake, but boo for it being on a handheld. :hmph:
Honestly, why must SE do this? they give us good news, and give us some horrible news for the HD remake being on their shitty new handheld. :rage: I am disappoint.

It's both PS3 and VITA. Sheesh.

[Threads Merged - and guys, knock it off with the short, spammy posts.]

Kind of an expected move. I just never expected it to happen this soon. To anyone who will ask why they aren't remaking FFVII but are remaking FFX, this is going to be a remastered title like ICO and SOTC, not a remake. It's much easier to remaster FFX into HD than it would be to completely remake FFVII. Good news for you FFX fans who just want to play this again in HD, hopefully with BETTER lip synching, the International version goodies (that Europe got) and all that jazz. I on the other hand, seeing as I'm not really a big fan of this game at all, am staying away from this while crossing my fingers for a potential FFXII remastering as well with all the International Zodiac Job version stuff that the west never received. :jay:

Now where the heck is FFV and FFVI remade?! :rage:

OMG OMG OMG OMG Yuna in HD XD

that is goodbye xbox hello ps3 XD i'm soooo getting this i saw it on twitter just now i was like screaming the house down XD

I'm also wondering why they aren't bolting on FFX-2 into the package as well. Even if there are plenty of people who consider FFX-2 to be the bastard member of the family, to not include it with FFX and form the Complete Spira Package, it's an odd move when you look at the God of War, Metal Gear Solid and Ico & SOTC remasters. I wouldn't have expected FFXII to have been added on either. This is the money-grabbing Square Enix we all know and love, people. Buy each game separately.

I think it's not so much that SE wants to buy them separately, but I think they know it's one of the more crappier games in the series.

Who knows really. If it was a FFX and X-2 collection, I'd buy it just for FFX, and give away X-2 to some fangirl or fanboy.

Why in the hell are they remaking Final Fantasy X (great game and all dont get me wrong) it doesnt deserve a remake when we need Final Fantasy 7 remake which allready had a tech demo ages ago to come out. FFX had AWSOME GRAPHICS!!! why would anyone wanna see something thats allready top notch quality get remade in HD when its just as good. I swear of all the stupid decisions they could make this is the most lame one, remake older ff titles that had good graphics in their time but HD would make them look uptodate....seeing FFX with HD wont make a difference.

Why the hell should I spend money on a game that had awsome fucking graphics to begin with...what im paying for? to relive a bs story I allready did when i was kid just to see it in H fucking D, I say scrap it and remake FFT,FF7,FF8 and yes FF12 needs a major remake cause FFX graphics beats the crap out of 12 hands down.

Another reason for me to get a PSVita in the future :)

But yes, this game shouldn't be in the top priority for remakes/HD remaster. FFV and VI deserve the most attention IMO.

Another reason for me to get a PSVita in the future :)

But yes, this game shouldn't be in the top priority for remakes/HD remaster. FFV and VI deserve the most attention IMO.

HD remasters for ps2 games are pretty to make.. to say the truth.. it might even be out for christmas.. but who knows :grin:

if they did FFV/FFVI they would have to completly remake it :wacky:

HD remasters for ps2 games are pretty to make.. to say the truth.. it might even be out for christmas.. but who knows :grin:

This.

They aren't remaking the games in HD, they're remastering them. Anything before Final Fantasy X would have to be completely remade whereas anything after and including Final Fantasy X, including PSP titles, can just have their graphics upgraded and you're done which is why the 16 remastered series announced before this one are all PS2 titles bar the Oddboxx collection which contains two PS1 games.

But like Steve said, they're relatively easy to remaster in comparison to remaking a game, certainly in terms of cost, time and persons needed. I'd be surprised if they didn't include Final Fantasy X-2 and put them both on one disk otherwise I would fully imagine if it's just Final Fantasy X that it would be put on PSN rather than a hard copy.

THIS :mokken:

Stop whining about the older FF titles that YOU GUYS want to see remastered..it is useless to remaster them. Those games need to be REMADE. That is a total different thing.

I hope FFXII will follow. Now that will keep me occupied till versus gets released :hmph:

[Threads Merged - and guys, knock it off with the short, spammy posts.]

Kind of an expected move. I just never expected it to happen this soon. To anyone who will ask why they aren't remaking FFVII but are remaking FFX, this is going to be a remastered title like ICO and SOTC, not a remake. It's much easier to remaster FFX into HD than it would be to completely remake FFVII. Good news for you FFX fans who just want to play this again in HD, hopefully with BETTER lip synching, the International version goodies (that Europe got) and all that jazz. I on the other hand, seeing as I'm not really a big fan of this game at all, am staying away from this while crossing my fingers for a potential FFXII remastering as well with all the International Zodiac Job version stuff that the west never received. :jay:

Now where the heck is FFV and FFVI remade?! :rage:

I agree with this. It is expected but I didn't realise so soon. I can't see much will improve with a remastering, as I have played the PAL version as well. I am excited none the less.

I didn't mean they should remaster FFV/VI. Of course remakes would have been more logical. Just that they are now paying attention to FFX instead of the older ones which need more major graphical update. But I guess since it's FFX's 10th anniversarry, it kind of make sense for now.

Fuck SE. FFX had good graphics compared to the older FF titles, why don't they make HD versions of the older games... FF6,7,8 and 9. =/ Well, I'm still getting. <_<

Of course they aren't remaking the game. "Remake" is the complete wrong way to look at this situation. This is more of a re-texturing or a remastering of X. Just spoof it up a bit and make it looks cleaner and more "HD."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back