Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Square Enix is speeding through all the classic Final Fantasy games on Sony's Game Archives service. Following the recent release of Final Fantasy V, the company announced today that Final Fantasy VI is on the way too.

As usual, producer Shinji Hashimoto made the announcement at the Square Enix Members Twitter. He did not share a final release date (UPDATE: 20th in Japan also according to Twitter).

Square Enix also has Chrono Cross waiting for release. A release date for this has yet to be announced, but Hashimoto has been publicizing it through videos, so it's presumably not too far off.

Source: Andriasang

Square Enix also has Chrono Cross waiting for release. A release date for this has yet to be announced, but Hashimoto has been publicizing it through videos, so it's presumably not too far off.

Source: Andriasang

Thank God.

It's about they stopped releasing all this old FFs that have been released a thousand times over and released something that hasn't.

I could care less to replay FF VI on the tenth system it's been released on. :rage:

^ Agreed!

I wonder why, considering the popularity of Final Fantasy VII, did they not recreate it? Too afraid of the backlash from a less than desirable outcome?

I might try Chrono Cross, but probably not any of the Final Fantasies.

I'm really liking this.. can't wait to play FFV and FFVI on my PSP.... at last i'm also currently playing FFIV via PSP XD i'm loving my psp right now XD

Yessssss I love FFVI it's my absolute fave, and I need it seeing as how my GBA copy is screwed. Looking forward to replaying it (y) I'm gonna need a new PSP memory card however.

Might give Chrono Cross a shot as well if I have the money to spare.

I think I'd prefer to buy the V & VI combo pack that came out for the PSX several years back but this is still cool for people who can get it, and for those who has yet to play it yet that can now download it.

Cool, never I never had a chance to play it. I some how missed it in the SNES days (RPGs weren't my thing, I was a platforming guy) and I never owned a GBA so I missed it there as well. The PS3/PSP are my first Sony consoles but I never purchased the V/VI compilation Glad this is coming out, I love playing old games like this on my PSP.
I wonder, when it inevitably comes to NA, how much it'll be.

Does that mean you can download it on the PS3?

Sorry for sounding stupid I just don't know exactly what "Game Archives" means here.

Does that mean you can download it on the PS3?

Sorry for sounding stupid I just don't know exactly what "Game Archives" means here.
I think Game Archives is what the Japanese call "PSOne Classics". So if it's released over here it'll be both PSP and PS3 compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back