Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Square Enix has thus far said that Final Fantasy Type-0 has twelve main characters in addition to Machina and Rem (who are also main characters, but have special standing so they're counted separately). It turns out that rather than twelve, the number is actually thirteen.

Director Hajime Tabata mentions the presence of a thirteenth character in an interview in the latest issue of Square Enix's own Gan Gan comic magazine.

Other points mentioned in the interview include:

• The average clear time for the first run through is 40 hours
  • The game has five summons*
  • On your second play through, you'll get to experience a different story surrounding Class 0
That last statement is a bit vague, but it does suggest that you'll want to play through the game multiple times to get the full experience.

(The second time you play the game, you’ll get to experience a different story involving the game’s Class 0. [Siliconera])

Source: Andriasang via Game Jouhou

*Diablo, Shiva, Golem, Ifrit, Odin and Bahamut make six, so I think this probably means five "types" or "categories" of summons or something like that.

If the game is forty hours on the first run, that is pretty good. If we are going to experience a new story for the 2nd time around, that is great. This is the kind of game I like. Not just unlocking new stuff, but a new story. Even though localization plans have not been announced yet, this game excites me. If a new character has not been revealed with the game not far from release in Japan, then that character is probably only in the 2nd playthrough. I fear Rem may actually die.. because it certainly looked like that in the extended TGS trailer. There is a possibility that this character will replace her. I really can not say for sure with a 2nd playthrough having a different story. Whether Rem will die or not, SE still have this new character up their sleeves. I am hoping he/she will be available in the 2nd part of the story. I really do not want Rem to die.

How different a story are we talking here? Is this going to be an all-new thing from the very beginning, or just exactly the same story with some painfully minor alterations that makes you wonder why you even bothered? Also, is there going to be some form of NG+ option as a result of this? Vague is right, this needs more info.

40 hours...isn't too bad, I guess. If it's actually made up of storyline, and not just random and ultimately pointless sidequests...which there should be a lot of regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back