Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Here are a few new bits on Final Fantasy XIII-2 via Dengeki PlayStation's latest feature on the game.

In an interview with the magazine, producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama said that Snow and Serah lived together in the two years after the events of FFXIII-2. However, they're not married*.

They also touched upon the recently revealed Kaias character, calling him the strongest enemy in Final Fantasy series history.

Square Enix has been slowly announcing download content for the game. There may be more to the DLC than just handing over your money, though. As an example, the two said to picture something where you get the new items after defeating newly added enemies.

Outside of the interview, the magazine has information on the game's monster calling system, whose Japanese name translates to Summon Raid (I'm not sure if this is the English name). Some enemies will turn to crystal form after you defeat them. This means that you've captured them. You can then place them in a deck with other monsters.

It's likely that we'll get further details from the feature later in the day or tomorrow, so be sure and check back!

Source: Andriasang

* Snow's obviously rubbish in bed then.

Just when you think it's safe to breathe a bit easier, another news topic comes out of nowhere to make your life miserable...:sad3:

All we've had so far as "very vague" details about FFXIII-2, because it's quite clearly going to be a game that has bugger all substance to it. There are nothing BUT vague details to give!

In an interview with the magazine, producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama said that Snow and Serah lived together in the two years after the events of FFXIII-2. However, they're not married*.
LOL, Snow struck out. Well, nice to see that Serah has at least a grain of common sense if she turned him down.

They also touched upon the recently revealed Kaias character, calling him the strongest enemy in Final Fantasy series history.
*covers ears in readiness for the uproar from Sephiroth fanboys when they read that*
Oooh, that isn't going to go down well at all. Just wait, pretty soon we'll have a bunch of people calling BS on that, and all hell is going to break loose in the FF sections.

Square Enix has been slowly announcing download content for the game. There may be more to the DLC than just handing over your money, though. As an example, the two said to picture something where you get the new items after defeating newly added enemies.
That is all there ever is to DLC! Unless it's free, anyway. But this idea of making you work for your DLC items is hardly a new thing...

Outside of the interview, the magazine has information on the game's monster calling system, whose Japanese name translates to Summon Raid (I'm not sure if this is the English name). Some enemies will turn to crystal form after you defeat them. This means that you've captured them. You can then place them in a deck with other monsters.
You can have no more than 60 crystals in a deck. I'd also advise you to have some spell and trap crystals, or you're going to get raped by your opponent something awful.

I hope to god that isn't the English name for it though, because it's painfully unimaginative. What happened to all the pretentious Latin? It should be "Monstrum Composium" or something equally snooty! Consistency is nice, Square Enix.

* Snow's obviously rubbish in bed then.
Evidently his performance wasn't quite as "heroic" as he thought it was. :trollface:

Yeah vague information there. They have not been releasing much news lately.

Well it's said in the trailer that Kaias can't die, so it's safe to say he is very strong. But of course, most likely we will have those plot device where he became mortal once again due to some random reason. Or he may become good in the end?

Looking forward to this game, as always.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is getting paid download content. But two questions remain: how much, and how much?

Regarding the first how much, producer Yoshinori Kitase told Dengeki PlayStation this week that the game will have a large amount of DLC. As a rough schedule, he said to expect one to two updates every month, each containing multiple items.

As for the other how much, Kitase said that they're not able to speak about the contents' price yet. He promised a good balance between price and the quality that customers will accept.

Square Enix has already announced a few pieces of DLC so far, including costumes, weapons and enemies. Kitase said to expect the content to be more involved than just downloading an item or weapon. The content will also be mixed in with play elements, where you have to defeat a monster in order to get an item, for instance.

Kitase confirmed that the game's downloadable costumes and weapons will show up in event scenes. They're currently making the necessary adjustments to get this working.

Outside of the interview with Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama, the Dengeki story provided a detailed look at the game's "Summon Raid" and "Syncro Drive Gauge" systems.

Summon Raid (I'm not sure if this is the actual English name) involves capturing monsters for use in battle. Here's the general flow of this system:

During battle, some percentage of your foes will turn to crystal. The percentage is dependent on the monster.
You can set your Summon Raid with up to three monsters. The monsters have specific roles.
During battle, as you switch Paradigms, the monsters will automatically swap in and out in accordance with their roles.
Synchro Drive Gauge is a special move system for your monster allies. When you have a monster taking part in battle, it builds up its Synchro Guage. When this builds up all the way, the monster will unleash a powerful special move. These may have quick timer events.

[via Sokuho]

Source: Andriasang

and here comes the DLC complaints.

I honestly think 1-2 every month is a little too many. It's like as if the game itself isn't complete. But they did say the base game will have full game experience and DLCs are just add-ons. Choose what you want to believe.

Regarding the first how much, producer Yoshinori Kitase told Dengeki PlayStation this week that the game will have a large amount of DLC. As a rough schedule, he said to expect one to two updates every month, each containing multiple items.
This stuff couldn't be included in the game because...?
Oh, right. Square Enix only care about making money, and there is money in DLC, even if the DLC is a waste of money. Still, one or two updates every month is excessive, you could end up paying the amount the game cost you within six months if you wanted it all. How long a time frame are they thinking of with this? Six months, a year, or even longer?

Multiple items in each update...this is both a good and bad thing. You'd think you're getting more for your money, but if you only want one item amongst all of it - and I imagine this will be the case, because quality is never consistent in DLC packs like this - then you're paying more than you need to. The chance of Square Enix releasing items separately for affordable prices? Very low. This could be highly aggravating.

As for the other how much, Kitase said that they're not able to speak about the contents' price yet. He promised a good balance between price and the quality that customers will accept.
Bullshit. They'll charge as much as they can feasibly get away with for stuff that, on the whole, adds very little to the game, because that's how almost every developer on the face of the planet does it. They say this sort of thing, but they know this stuff will sell no matter what the price is, because Square Enix can still rely on the label of "Final Fantasy" to make sales even when it blatantly doesn't deserve to anymore. The only developers who make good quality, value-adding DLC are those who can't rely on the brand name to sell it, so they need to justify it by actually making it worthwhile.

There is NEVER a balance between price and quality with DLC, and it is doubtful that there ever will be. But then, I suppose it just depends on how satisfied you are with things. But given how ridiculously expensive Square Enix's digital downloads have been in the past, I hold out absolutely no hope for the price. It'll be expensive.

Kitase confirmed that the game's downloadable costumes and weapons will show up in event scenes. They're currently making the necessary adjustments to get this working.
Good. This is something Square Enix should have done YEARS ago. I approve of this wholeheartedly, Final Fantasy is waaaay behind the times when it comes to those small, wonderful aesthetic features in RPGs and, whilst this isn't something that really affects gameplay, it's just nice to have it in there.

Outside of the interview with Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama, the Dengeki story provided a detailed look at the game's "Summon Raid" and "Syncro Drive Gauge" systems.
Final Fantasy on motorcycles, fuck yeah! :awesome:

Hell yeah switching armor and weapons etc.. should be in all cut scenes as well etc,, like in Dragon Age...that shit is way realistic. Just how I likeit.

FF should implement this for sure!

LOL FFXIII-2 is like a girly kiddy pokemon game where you gotta catch 'em all!!
Throwable moogles and shit...

Ok tiny rant is now over...

"Monstrum Composium" Muwhahaha I like it :britt:

OMEGA (which is omega weapon? I dont think so) was already confirmed to be a DLC boss, but what if its too overpowered and too big of a challenge? or what if it is too weak>? It needs to be perfectly balanced to be worth the price... IMO :mokken:

THIS DLC IS BULLSHIT :rage:

Hell yeah switching armor and weapons etc.. should be in all cut scenes as well etc,, like in Dragon Age...that shit is way realistic. Just how I likeit.

FF should implement this for sure!

LOL FFXIII-2 is like a girly kiddy pokemon game where you gotta catch 'em all!!
Throwable moogles and shit...

Ok tiny rant is now over...

So almost every other FF is a kiddy girly game just because of:
-Dog cannon in VIII (Rinoa's limit break)
-catching butterflies in X
-a ball as a weapon in X
-a freaking doll as a weapon in X
-racing with a hippo in IX
-a flute as a weapon in IX and type-0
-arcade in VII
-a talking octopus in VI

And almost every other FF is a Pokemon game because there are 'summoned monsters'. Especially in X where Yuna actually showed affection to her summons, and that you can name these summons. And the best part, you actually control them in battle and have like 4 types of moves.

:P

So almost every other FF is a kiddy girly game just because of:
-Dog cannon in VIII (Rinoa's limit break)
-catching butterflies in X
-a ball as a weapon in X
-a freaking doll as a weapon in X
-racing with a hippo in IX
-a flute as a weapon in IX and type-0
-arcade in VII
-a talking octopus in VI

And almost every other FF is a Pokemon game because there are 'summoned monsters'. Especially in X where Yuna actually showed affection to her summons, and that you can name these summons. And the best part, you actually control them in battle and have like 4 types of moves.

:P

Dude come on...you know what I meant! and to reply with obvious aspects from older ff titles will not suffice imo.

FFXIII-2 in its entire entity seems kiddy while other OLDER titles had aspects of kiddyness..

and seriously you can not compare pokemon with summons! :rage:

Summons are best :britt: Pokemon are pocket monsters while summons are like DEMI-GODS..

You can not deny that :ohoho:

Dude come on...you know what I meant! and to reply with obvious aspects from older ff titles will not suffice imo.

FFXIII-2 in its entire entity seems kiddy while other OLDER titles had aspects of kiddyness..

and seriously you can not compare pokemon with summons! :rage:

Summons are best :britt: Pokemon are pocket monsters while summons are like DEMI-GODS..

You can not deny that :ohoho:

644Zekrom.png

:wacky:

and

Carbuncle_FFXI.jpg

:wacky:

the first one is an FF summon called Zekrom and the second one is a pokemon called Carbuncle. ;)

but in all seriousness, I guess it all comes to differing opinions.

I was just playing around earlier anyway lol.

hahahaha lmao I actually saw that pokemon movie :giggle:
It was quite good. wahaaa....

But yeah I was joking too but you catched my drift and vice versa :lew:

ps: On topic before Fleur punish us :gasp2:

...a game can be seen as kiddy because it has stuff like monster hunting (and catching)? Well okay yes, this is hardly an original concept and it's permanently associated now through the lens of Pokémon, but why is the concept "kiddy" just because a popular kids' cartoon revolves around it? I mean, I may as well compare every Final Fantasy game so far to some anime shows with similar concepts and motifs in each of them. Just because FFXIII-2 has a feature you associate with Pokémon doesn't mean the game is suddenly kiddy entirely, otherwise we may as well have its age rating plummet down to 7+. FFXIII on the other hand then won't be considered kiddy because it doesn't have minigames? FFXIII-2 suddenly is because it kind of does?

And don't get me started on why it can also be seen as girly. Now that doesn't really make any sense. FFX-2? Definitely, but that was for blatant fanservice. FFXIII-2? Well yeah, there's a Moogle flying around, but then, what's really new? Quite a lot of RPGs have mascot characters tagging along often anyway and it's a standard trope when it comes to Japanese fantasy fiction. The little sillier elements of previous FF games such as Lulu's weapon and the anthropomorphic creatures of FFIX may perhaps smack of being kiddy to some people, but I've no idea how it can also be linked with being girly. Anyway, sorry about me, I was just observing some of the posts here.

Oh, and don't make fun of Rinoa's Angelo cannon attack. That was one of the good things about FFVIII and how ridiculous it often gets. :mokken:

/just realised that I've just defended the game ._.

^lol :P

anyway, more news:

Main antagonist Caius is said to be the strongest FINAL FANTASY villain in the series. Chaos Bahamut and Caius have a special relationship in the story, but the details of that will remain secret for now.

The Sunleth Waterscape returns in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. Because the fal’Cie of that area fell asleep at the end of FFXIII, the area has gone from being lush and green to more “Autumn” in appearance. As such, giant creatures have moved into the area, which will, in some cases, give you the ability to ride on their backs for travel.

Source: novacrystallis

I didn't want to post the rest of the article because it's more or less a repeat of the one earlier.

riding giant animals in sunleth waterscape sounds fun...shoopufs anyone?
I hope they expand that place aside from the season change.

Okay, so Caius is the strongest Final Fantasy villain? That is pretty obvious because he "cannot die" right? I am pretty sure in the Despair trailer that Caius said he could not die "yet". Ah it is an interesting thought though. I kind of wonder if he is immortal for real. If he truly is the strongest FF baddie to date, then he should not die but live on. They did trademark Final Fantasy XIII-3 so it kinda is a possibility the he may live on till then. Again, this is just mere speculation. As for DLC every one or two months? Well, that certainly is something new. If they keep releasing DLC, surely the game will have more things to do each time. I would not be able to 100% it just in one go. If the DLC will add new achievements to the game, they better be something challenging. Something like more boss battles is probable. Final Fantasy XIIII-2 is trying to hard! I certainly doubt the game will be amazing.. but if dlc allows players to continue playing, why not? Oh, and I fully agree with your post above, Livi. That really summed up everything well. :lew:

Lady Meyneth

Cute moogle which is throwable and can change into a bow
You need to toss the moogle to find treasure (I used chocobos and in FFX they are not kiddy at all)
Serah is a little girl
The guy is a teenager
catch fiends/monsters
Pink cover and logo
Pink ps3 cover

This game is mainly addressed to the female fans imo and there is nothing manly about the game...
Its not my cup of tea...Its just my opinion.

FFXIII Cid-2 's sig for example.......I like FFXII's moogle and not this version..

KiDDY AND GiRLY! If the game had more manly cast then yeah it would be different..

Lulu on the other hand is a woman with major character :mokken: and big boobs..

The clothes Serah has are meh and the guy has open toe shoes and skirt thingy.

FFXIII-2 is too metrosexual for me.
:mokken:

Serah is a loli, and we all know how much the guys in Japan LOVE lolis.

Gaius is the manliest man ever, as well - he looks like Vayne AND he's voiced by Liam O'Brien. Even I have to admit that is an epic combo. Even if he does nothing, I'd still have/not regret having dream sex with him :mokken:

You could say that it isn't very appealing because it's all very vague, but I'd say that if it was actually specific it'd just become more unappealing.

Well I could really give a crap about Snow and Serah and especially their relationship since its about as important as kimahri coming back as the main character in a FF game. Kais the strongest enemy in FF history? seriously theirs nothing and I mean nothing Im gonna believe about that from reading anything, Ill have to see this live, Im sure everybody has different views on who they think is the strongest but Sephiroth gets that title in my book, and just from what i know so far kais doesnt seem like he's that big of a deal. The downloaded content I still think is a bad idea :x Im still 50/50 on the whole monster thing so I have nothing to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back