[11/04] The Final Fantasy Series in A Realm Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil

No doubt if you caught the aptly-named Letter from the Producer Live VI, you would have seen Magitek armor units marching across the wastes of (what I assume is) Coerthas to the tune of “Terra’s Theme”. The tease that came at the beginning of the live letter with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn producer Naoki Yoshida. The MMO reboot isn’t limited to Final Fantasy VI references, but will feature a Crystal Tower (Final Fantasy III) raid, a Gold Saucer (Final Fantasy VII) attraction some time after launch.

The pantheon of Final Fantasy summons also return as Primals, and we’ll be expecting to see more of their bestial faces pop up in the future. While Ifrit and Garuda were introduced in instanced fights in Version 1.0, expect to see the likes of Shiva, Odin, and more. Even classic Final Fantasy bosses like Gilgamesh are due for a cameo.

For those of you who enjoy the nostalgic references to the series past in A Realm Reborn, what cameos or features would you love to see and why? Does the inclusion of too many nostalgic references drown out the game’s identity as a new Final Fantasy? Leave us your thoughts in a comment below!

Source: Final Fantasy Network

[09/04] On the Lookout for a New FFXIV Trailer

Mr. Fernehalwes updated the official Final Fantasy XIV blog today with a bit of a tease (no more Viangaa — what has science done!?) for a new trailer in the works. As per the photos below, the voice recording for the new media is underway. Ferny let loose that the actress is portraying a drowning Sahagin, which may have something to do with Maelstrom leader Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn appearing in the shots! Could this trailer have our first sampling of in-game voiced cutscenes?

In related news, Legacy subscribers have between now and April 30th to register their names for the game’s credits — one of the perks the campaign offered back during Version 1.0. If you’re a Legacy member and would like your name featured in the game’s credits, you need only click here.

Source: Final Fantasy Network

Unlike some people, I'm actually looking forward to this and hope to play it on my PS3 8D I just hope the subscription is either free or at least cheap enough for me to play it, the magitek armor looks more fun to ride around in than chocobos too :D

i am also looking forward to this. a gold sauucer amusement parrk along magitek armor is making me squeel for this game. i cant wait to try it out. i got the money for it but depending if i get my raise, ill buy it within a six months time after its release.

$12.99 for a single character per world, $14.99 for 8 characters per world.
Or if you are Legacy, $9.99 for 8 characters.

$12.99 a month is kind of pricey specially when you still have to pay $60 and up for this game in the first place...I do really want to play it though, I've never been into MMO's I think they're a bit dull but this one looks amazing and I really would like to play another FF game even if it is online. Never know it might be really really fun.

I hope heaps of people here want to play it too, that would make me want to get it more.

I will wait to read some reviews and stuff before I make up my mind as well ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back