"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
crimson-echoes.jpg

Someone known as buu700 has managed to release a fan-made sequel to classic Square RPG Chrono Trigger.

Known as Crimson Skies, the game was re-using the original game’s sprites.
Square previously sent a cease and desist notice to the project’s development, but you can get it here on Reddit. If you’re quick.
Thanks, Joystiq.

well such efforts to hack the Square games are well know.
I kinda expect the mods to close this thread.

This game had HUGE controversy over it because of the C&D they got. I think I even got a copy somewhere on my computer cause I was around then. I'm surprised they still went through with it though, considering SE can't possibly want to go back on their word now.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I'd like to make a FF fan-game and get notice from SE. :DD That would be awesome. In fact, I might add that to my list of game development projects. Now there's about 7. >_< I need to make these faster!
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

Crimson Echoes got the C&D order from SE at about 98% completion, but the rogue member kept what data he had (although everyone was told to erase all data they had anyway.. not like there was a way to check) and obviously just released it anyway under a different name.

I remember a significant amount of people were pissed about this, especially the Modders cause it's supposed to be a 35 hour game, with 10 different endings spanning more than 13 chapters.

Can't say I blame the guy for releasing it anywa.

Meh, even if it's a different game entirely or even a change of name the legal action will still be threatened again. I think S-E made it quite clear they don't want anyone making a sequel. :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back