[09/03] Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented With A Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
deusex_specialedition.jpg

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was originally supposed to release by spring, but that didn’t quite pan out. Square Enix now have the game scheduled for a summer release.

North America will get Human Revolution first on August 23rd. The U.K. will get it three days later on August 26th. The game comes in regular and Augmented editions, with the latter costing $10 more, and including a 40-page art book, motion graphic novel, and bonus “Making of” DVD along with the game’s soundtrack.

Source: Siliconera

I hope we get a demo soon. I want to try it out on PC. See how it compares with the original.

Ah well this is not a big deal as Square Enix are known to delay things greatly. I am not sure if it interests me anymore though. Ill have to see more of it. Stealth is the main factor of the game it seems.

Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this for so long!

I wonder if we can get a Dragon Tooth Sword in this game too. :ohoho: It's a lightsaber with a much cooler name. Darn, I love these games! :hyper:

Not really my thing unfortunately.

I can't say I was really interested in the game anyway, but recently I was watching some preview gameplay on Youtube and the narrator put in a lot of emphasis on stealth and very little of anything else. I suppose you can play the game in another way, but the guy's constant focus on stealth (something I've never liked in video games) did put me off considerably. If a demo ever arrives, I'll give it a fair shot to decide for myself, but in the meantime Deus Ex doesn't interest me enough. It looks good though.

:rage:

August 23rd!! :jess: I cannot wait for this game. It's gonna be sick, I know it. :ryan: especially since it can be played on xbox 360 :jess:

I hope we get a demo soon. I want to try it out on PC. See how it compares with the original.

You know just as well as I do that the second that they decided on multi-platform that it's not going to have the same feel about it. It'll be held back due to the puny capabilities of a console. :sad3:

Day one pirate for me. :elmo:

Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this for so long!

I wonder if we can get a Dragon Tooth Sword in this game too. :ohoho: It's a lightsaber with a much cooler name. Darn, I love these games! :hyper:

Dude! The dragon tooth is the only weapon I used besides the sniper and prod charger, it was ACE. Everything died in one hit, and hearing those hilarious screams was fucking worthwhile.

@ Fleur

Deus Ex was known for allowing you to play the game in numerous styles and was fairly strong on all of them.

I think the reason why he was emphasising on stealth is because he wants to convince us that it's polished and well executed since games generally implement stealth poorly. Of course I have no idea how this one will compare, but if it's true to the original then you wouldn't have to worry on stealth.

@ Ringo

The original Deus Ex on the PS2 bites balls. Only good thing that came out of that was the orchestrated main theme.

But that was the PS2, current gen consoles can pack a surprising punch. Not graphically of course, but I think the mechanics are well designed for both systems. I guess they wanted to cater to the console market since they want to stay safe. After all they are reviving a once dead IP here. I'm still staying optimistic. They fucked up DE2, they better not fail on this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back