Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
nSPC2.jpg

Square Enix opened a teaser site for a new game today. The title of the page is “A Brand New Title of Hell.” Visit it here.

We’re not sure what it could be. The site design itself looks a lot grittier than your average Square Enix title. Guess away with the site’s word fill-in puzzle.

Additionally, Square Enix also shared their Tokyo Game Show floor map. The lower middle area of their booth is labelled only by question marks. Could the teaser site and mystery spot be linked?

Eyum1.jpg

Source: Gematsu

[insert the standard "I bet playing this is going to be Hell, tee hee hee, trolololol" comment you'd expect to see from me here]

All the same, this intrigues me. We haven't had something even remotely gritty from Square Enix since NieR...hell, we haven't had something GOOD from Square Enix since NieR. Since it's closer to the Western stuff than the FF/DQ stuff, I'd hazard a guess that it might be a shooter of some kind, or maybe an action/adventure game starring a protagonist with a terrifying mullet and a jaw so square you could cut yourself on the edges. Still, it could be interesting...

PERHAPS A LINK:

Demons’ Score Sound Like From Software, But It’s Tied To Square Enix

By Spencer . September 7, 2011 . 11:49pm

While digging for more information about Square Enix’s game from Hell, I noticed Square Enix filed a trademark for Demons’ Score. We’re curious about that, but I’m not convinced it’s the game Square Enix is teasing.

Last year, we dug up a trademark for Army Corps of Hell. Sounds more in tune with Square Enix’s reveal.

Speaking of that, we decompiled the Flash site and found these impish creatures…

Read more stories about Demons' Score & Square Enix & Trademark on Siliconera.

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/0...ke-from-software-but-its-tied-to-square-enix/

Army Corps from Hell? Sounds like the title of a bad movie to me...the sort of thing that was made back in the 90s and was given a direct to VHS release because the creators were too ashamed to put it on at the cinemas.

Those imps look a lot like the minions from Overlord, so perhaps something similar to that? Either that, or a hack-and-slash game in which you wade through tons of the buggers.

Interesting. It makes me think of Darksiders or something along the lines of it anyway. A brand new title of hell? Hopefully it is something Square Enix can redeem themselves with. I am pretty sure that those ??? marks can possibly be linked to the teaser site. We will just have to find out at TGS. Hopefully it is an hell RPG or.. it might just be something simple and disappointing. Those creatures look hungry... if you know what I mean.

Meet Square Enix’s Army Corps of Hell In The First Screenshots

By Ishaan . September 14, 2011 . 1:34am

Square Enix are supporting the PlayStation Vita at launch with a game titled Army Corps of Hell, which is a 4-player Monster Hunter style game where you command a large army of 100 goblins and defeat demons.

Army Corps of Hell is still a bit of a mystery as we don’t know any more than the aforementioned details. The first batch of screenshots are rather small,too.

Read more stories about Army Corps of Hell & PlayStation Vita & Screenshots on Siliconera.

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/14/meet-square-enixs-army-corps-of-hell-in-the-first-screenshots/

Wow, this is interesting. Grittier is the right word. Looks like the grit that is red dead redemp. Watch this space I guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back