[08/09] FFXIII-2 new batch of screens (Famitsu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo. The last ones are more interesting. Snow-covered scene - sounds interesting. Was there any of that in XIII?

:holyshit:

I think you all know how the #1 FFXIII-2 fan in this forum feels right now.

Btw I saw these screens like half an hour ago and wanted to post it here, but I was too lazy because there are so many images.

I know I am already sold for this game, but these screens bring my excitement to a whole new level.

The time travel Historiacross system looks amazing. Since the screens are in Japanese, I have so many questions on the historiacross panel right now. What are those branches? What is that 0/157?

That red snow chocobo is so freaking cool. But evolution couldn't have happened naturally in 300 years... probably it's Titan's doing since he plays a large role in monster creation and natural selection.

The part where Lightning is standing on top of a building blows my mind. I really hope it's possible to explore the whole area.

I think the QTEs will be a great addition. I just hope it won't be annoying, like if you forget to hit a button, you have to restart the whole battle.

:gasp: I NEED this game now

vyxsin.
the closest to a snowy area is Oerba. But Oerba is actually full of crystal dust instead of snow. Bresha AF300 looks more snowy instead of filled with crystal dust, IMO.

GalaxyFlare
Dec 2011 in Japan
Jan 2012 in NA
early 2012 in Europe

I doubt there will be any significant delays. English VA recording is reported to be finished already. Also, about 2 months ago, they said the game is already 70% complete. By now I am sure it's near completion.

Last edited:
Ah yes I see. Thanks. Exciting none the less.

I have to say lightning looks hardly any different. Not that she should. Still stands the same and all. I guess reusing the bases is understandable :p

I read in some other website,
http://ffnm.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/famitsu-features-new-final-fantasy-xiii-2-screenshots/

that apparently, the letters beside 0/157 in the upper left corner means 'complete'

so 0/157 completed (?)

Now assuming that it means there are 157 time periods altogether, and that every area has an average of 5 time periods visitable, that makes about 30 different areas in this game! Which is more than FFXIII, probably like XII. But how come the other screen shows 2/154... hmmm... probably these are just early development screenshots?

Also the fact that the gates do not have an option to 'shop', it gives more evidence that there are actual NPC shops.

Lol I am thinking too much again. But still...

Wow I really hate Lightnings new slut costume... why oh whyyyy did they make her wear that???

Otherwise, pretty graphics, glad they added towns and NPCs, makes the game look more alive even in the stills.

Still hate Serah and Noel just looks dumb. Why'd they ugly up the moogles too? :(

MEH!

I love the screens mainly the ones with lighting and the locations, those are some really good cinematic graphics. And did I spot light facing off with Odin in one of those pics? hmmm now alot of new things are going into my head. Although theirs one image that bothers me greatly...what the hell is up with that ugly chocobo, I know all chocobos are ugly but that one literally looks like crap x.x

These screen shots looks really promising

I love the screens mainly the ones with lighting and the locations, those are some really good cinematic graphics. And did I spot light facing off with Odin in one of those pics? hmmm now alot of new things are going into my head. Although theirs one image that bothers me greatly...what the hell is up with that ugly chocobo, I know all chocobos are ugly but that one literally looks like crap x.x

I know, doesn't even look like one if you ask me.

well I guess they have evolved to adapt with the harsh snowy environment. Remember that place is 300 years to the future. Although significant change in characteristics occurs way way longer than that, since it's a fantasy game with fal'cies involved, I guess it's logical enough.

I thought the new chocobo looks very cool though.

anyways, the normal yellow chocobos are still around in the near future/present areas.

to think about it, there are probably other different types and colours of chocobos with this paradox and time travel thing in place. Potential chocobo breeding mini game?

Really liking these screenshots. The Historia cross element is really quite neat. I love that the chocobos in Bresha ruins can survive the extreme condition 295 years into the future. Valhalla is absolutely beautiful. I really like those screenshots with Lightning and Valhalla itself. That artwork is really quite pretty.That shows that all of them will meet up sometime of course. Chaos Bahamut is without a doubt Lightning's rival's. I can sort of see how the story will go now. I guessed quite a few things and I was right. xD Valhalla actually looks cool. I just can not wait to explore it.

Last edited:
If thats what the new chocobos are supposed to look like and their only gonna get even worser than that, then the last thing I wanna see is a mini game for it...thats one of the bad things about the game allready and its not even close to being finished yet :I

Seriously they need to find something new besides those chocobos, in the future they should be extent or something, you know how man ypulse monsters we have out their. We have the abilty to capture monsters and add them to our party right, why not let us use them and ride them in replace of a chocobo, I can assure alot of people would enjoy that then riding a chocobo that looks like it just came from mardi gra or something.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CEDEC footage
Odin holds Lightning.
9.07.11 / 19:15 / Sal Romano

During their Computer Entertainment Developers Conference presentation this year, Square Enix presented new footage of Final Fantasy XIII-2.

The footage comes from a scrapped Final Fantasy XIIIstoryboard. The late Square Enix developer Yoshinori Kanada, who passed away two years ago at age 57, created the concept when he was working on the original game. It shows Lightning being held by her summon Odin. Final Fantasy XIII-2producer Motomou Toriyama personally liked the storyboard, but it regrettably didn’t make the final cut. A similar scene (today’s footage) is being crafted for the sequel.

Famitsu has lengthy report on the presentation. Read it here http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/07049766.html

Source - http://gematsu.com/2011/09/final-fantasy-xiii-2-cedec-footage

This guy is with Sarah an awful lot... Is she cheating on Snow??? Is that whats going on here?

But the way to enter area's kinda looks like the way you did it in X on the ship.. well X-2 at least... or maybe XII... And Lightning has her horse back so... I guess summons are in the same way they were in before... Should be... interesting?

I'm quite looking forward to this one... I already thinking about preordering the game.... the screenshot look awesome... the world picking thing and the time traveling thing looks well intresting, this kind of things are making me more exirted about the game every day.. can't wait to see what square has in store for us at tokyo game show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back