Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
Dragon Quest X will be available for Wii and Wii U, and to a lesser extent 3DS. But these aren't the only platforms Square Enix is supporting. According to the Kyoto Shimbun (no relation to the Kyoto Shimbun), the game is also for release on the Famicom. This is the Japanese equivalent of the 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System.

The site provided first images of the Famicom version.

2132460115_full.jpg

The image to the left show a battle party consisting of characters named Enix, Aerith, Cloud and Tifa. The image to the right shows players being prompted to connect to the internet and search for party members.

Kyoko's article did not address how Square Enix plans on making a Famicom hook up with the internet. Perhaps this has something to do with the "USB Memory" device that is included with the Wii version?

Source: Andriasang

Well that's interesting o_O Full game on the NES? Or just virtual console? :hmmm:

Well that's interesting o_O Full game on the NES? Or just virtual console? :hmmm:

it a console that japan has where the graphics are like the nes o_O why does japan get all the awesome stuff :hmph:

it a console that japan has where the graphics are like the nes o_O why does japan get all the awesome stuff :hmph:

No no, the Famicom is the same thing as the NES, it just looks different and has separate cartridges :P The Famicom was their NES. Same as the Super Famicom is their SNES. Not sure why they didn't release the same consoles, but they stopped once the N64 came out. Just added region locks, etc.

Wait.. How is an MMORPG going be on the Famicom and why would you do that? Something tells me there has to be something a little fishy about this :hmmm:

I only posted it because I looked at it and laughed my head off :rofl:

it meant to be something with a usb.. but nes don't have a usb port o_O

Maybe it'll be on the game cart...? *shrug* That or it'll just be on the virtual console which seems a bit more likely.

WAIT! This is going to be on the Famicom?

Someone explain -- is it going to be NES styled game on the WII market place, or will it be a cartridge for the NES system?

WAIT! This is going to be on the Famicom?

Someone explain -- is it going to be NES styled game on the WII market place, or will it be a cartridge for the NES system?

Both. I posted the article for the Wii/Wii U version last night :P The NES/Famicom version isn't what the Wii version will look like, though.

So I can buy this NES game and pop it into my NES system and play? I wasn't aware they were still making games for that system. I heard they often made reports, but not new games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back