[06/08] Final Fantasy Tactics For iPhone Gets A Release Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
This past week saw the release of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on the iPhone. Square Enix also released a proper features trailer for the game, instead of the older camera footage:

War of the Lions on iPhone costs $15.99 or 12.99 euro, and isn’t a universal app. An iPad version with high-definition visuals will follow sometime this year. If you want to know more about the specifics of the iPhone version, you can find a FAQ here.

Source: Siliconera

I so wanted to get this on my iPhone, but I will probably wait for price drops, since I can't really find time to play games these days. Nevertheless, hopefully they port ffiv-vi to the iOS in the future.

I wonder how well it will sell for $16. Its worth WAY more than that, but with the type of gamer who has the iphone, who knows. Then again, it's pretty much pure profit at this point.

But these games work on the iphone, you dont need complex controls for traditional strategy RPG's

Checked this out through Installous because I've been interested in getting into Tactics and Tactics Advance annoyed me. Has some slow down issues and wasn't made with retina display. So on an iPod Touch 4th gen or iPhone 4, it looks kind of blurry. But the cutscenes look great and it plays quite well with the touch controls. I'll see how well I like it and may consider picking up the PSP version of WotL.

I actually heard the touch screen controls arent nearly as accurate because of the small screen and needing to zoom in often. Id say anyone go with the PSP version if you can. It's cheaper and superior play mechanics.

The touch controls really aren't all that bad. But it lags slightly all over the place :\

Much as I love Final Fantasy Tactics, this is one game I would not wish to play on iPhone - having played FFI and FFII on my iPod touch, I can all too well imagine how horrendously fiddly and generally unplayable this would be...the touch screen just isn't big enough to allow for comfortable playing, and it feels extremely awkward trying to play a game like this. An iPad version would no doubt rectify this problem, though...:hmmm:

But...can Square Enix not charge a reasonable price for their apps? This is a very old game. They've taken to charging ridiculous prices for their newer apps - FFIII, Chaos Rings Omega, etc - and they really aren't worth that kind of money. The vast majority of apps don't exceed £5 in price and offer just as much as these games do, so why Square Enix thinks it can charge so much for games that are just adapted ports that you could get cheaper now second-hand on their original platforms I do not know.

Why does Square have to hate on Android phones? Where's all the kick ass FF games that iPhone gets. :hmph: Anyway, even if I did have a iPhone I wouldn't download this I would rather play the PSP version or just stick with my still great PSX version. I might even break it out this week and play it for old time's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back