[03/08] Tomb Raider’s quick time events just a “small sweep” of dramatic toolset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Tomb Raider won’t rely as heavily on quick-time events as E3 previews suggested, according to Crystal Dynamics.

20110803tombraider.jpg

“Quick-time sequences is something we will leverage in the game,” creative director Noah Hughes confirmed with Gamespot.

“One of the things which is absolutely important to us is to deliver an intense and cinematic experience. At very specific times, we feel we can do that best – while still delivering challenging gameplay – in a quick-time type event.

“Having said that, it really isn’t the primary tool that we use to deliver drama during the game.”

Hughes nominated camera work, animation, audio and “big events in the world” as other key tools for delivering “emotional impact”.

“As our first space, that one relies a bit heavily on the quick time tools,” he conceded of the level seen in previews earlier this year.

“But ultimately, that’s a small sweep of our dramatic gameplay experience.”

Tomb Raider is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in northern autumn 2012, and is the first complete reboot of the venerable franchise

Source: VG247

I was actually hoping it would be alittle more useful, I mean we should be happy its still in the game period, but still I wish we would get the quick time events alot of times, Im actually not good at it however I still love doing them and all the games I been playing Im trying to get used to it so when i do them in XIII - 2 ill be ready (its a personal reading but any game i play that has them I always talk about how its prep for final fantasy XIII-2 lol) I still think the thing sin tomb raider are gonna be cool and realistic judging from the E3 stuff we have to make some realistic choices so Im excited for it, I just wanna know what mind boggling puzzles where gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back