Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
The world of Final Fantasy Type-0 consists of four countries, each with its own crystal that is protected by a "Peristerium" organization. Square Enix's latest update on the game provided us with a detailed look at each country.

Rebrum

Home to the main characters, who attend the Peristerium Suzaku, a magic school. The nation is governed by a group of eight who also head up the school.

Attendees at the Peristerium are selected by the crystal for their magic ability, and following entrance exams are split into appropriate classes. The characters you control are all in Class 0.

1EuN5.jpg

eYO6B.jpg

C1Ng7.jpg

kMAz6.jpg

The head of state is the school chancellor, Khalia Chival VI, who was known as a great sorcerer in his youth.

NmnWM.jpg

QHzcX.jpg

4exZF.jpg

WUrqM.jpg

VLf95.jpg

Milites

An empire whose emperor has gone missing. Admiral Cid Aulstyne now handles all matters of government, and desires to obtain the crystals from the other three nations.

Cid also heads the Byakko Peristerium, an organization that conducts research into the energy from the Byakko crystal. This energy is used for military and domestic affairs.

Different from the crystals of other countries, whose power can be wielded only by a select few (like the students in Suzaku), the power of the Byakko crystal is used to create weapons and "Mado Armor" mecha, which can be used by all citizens. This has allowed the army to develop into a force of many tens of thousands.

mv33n.jpg

VlYoH.jpg

Tls47.jpg

OT5ZL.jpg

TFu05.jpg

jt5ob.jpg

SQmQz.jpg

Lolica

In Lolica Commonwealth, located in a harsh mountain region, Genbu Peristerium manages the Genbu Crystal. The people of Lolica directly take in the power of the crystal to strengthen their bodies, making them bigger than the people of other countries. Pretty much all citizens serve as knights for the country.

sEQsv.jpg

lVZq8.jpg

2AbNU.jpg

A central figure in Lolica is Gilgamesh, a l'Cie from the Genbu Crystal. He has forgotten his focus (mission) and appears on the battle field attempting to target opponents' weapons.

The l'Cie in Type-0 appear to be similar to the l'Cie in FFXIII -- they're given a focus, here by the crystal, and hold greater power than a normal human.

gt6qw.jpg

zk4ex.jpg

hbcUj.jpg

Concordia

A kingdom that manages the Souryu Crystal. The people of Concordia use the power of the Souryu Crystal to communicate with dragons and monsters, an ability that is used to aid in daily life and to give military strength. Most citizens are small framed even as adults, and soldiers rely on speed and lengthy spheres for combat.

pjZak.jpg

X1uTN.jpg

ykPhA.jpg

Top posts in the Concordia government are held by women. The highest figure is Andoria, the queen. She's the physical representation of the Souryu Crystal, and the only one who can communicate with the Queen Dragon.

0NO2R.jpg

PZKYp.jpg

IYRvY.jpg

Source: Andriasang

I can't be the only one who thinks "Peristerium" sounds like an elaborate form of bug repellent :wacky:

I also can't be the only person who is getting a distinct "Houses of Hogwarts" feeling from all these different organisations and their dodgy emblems. You've got Gryffindor, run by an older version of Captain Basch (don't listen to Ondore's lies, that is totally him), Hufflepuff run by Hitler, Slytherin run by Gilgamesh, and Ravenclaw run by Yuna and what looks like a fluffy version of Safer Sephiroth.

The idea of Gilgamesh forgetting his focus and deciding to just become a kleptomaniac is an awesome one, though. I giggled just reading that. xD

Jeez, I haven't been able to find any info on Type-0 until I started coming here :lew: I can't wait for this game to come out. Probably will be my next PSP purchase (next to Dissidia012 if I feel like it). The game is kind of giving me a FFXII feel mixed with some elements of FFXIII :hmmm: Looks good.

I already like the last 2 countries, especially the one with Gilgamesh and the last one run by women only hehe thats always nice to see back, something original. Like the Amazones. The queen dragon also intrigues me ..I wonder if they will join forces with Rebrum against the Militia.those guys are evil lol..

These are some pretty cool looking update pics. ;) It has been awhile since I have read anything about Type-0 so I dont know too much but am I to assume that since there are 4 different nations that this game is going to have multiple story arcs? Kind of like what they did with Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Once again I haven't been reading up on this too much so if this is old news forgive me. :)

Sigh last time there was a country controlled by women in a Final Fantasy game, it had perverted men hiding in the forests, stripper dances, and a prostitute club. :jtc: Though ff4 was made nineteen years ago, hopefully SE have a different view of a country runned by woman by now. -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back