[01/02] Naoki Yoshida provides detail on the latest Final Fantasy XIV patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
20111123finalfantasyxiv2.jpg

Aimed for release within the second week of February, the latest communication from Naoki Yoshida indicates a further two week delay. Considering the sheer amount of content to be added, combined with the game’s history, this isn’t exactly surprising.

All in all, there’s a lot of information in the latest forum post from Naoki Yoshida to take in. If you’re a player of the Square Enix MMO, I would highly recommend you check out the post for all the details. A quick breakdown of what’s coming include:

• Addition of seven classic jobs, their related abilities and artifact gear
• Two new instanced raids
• Private player residences
• Cutscene replay feature
• Chocobo armor
• Reworking of crowd control
• Adjustments to classes
• Revisions to spell-casting
• Changes to food and medicine effects and recipes
• New seasonal events
• UI improvements

Of specific interest to European players is the discussion of Temporary Server Merges, designed to address the issue of playerbase size. However, that’s still to come sometime before November with the 2.0 release.

Whilst the game continues to have a difficult struggle ahead of it, both within itself and their place in the MMO market, it’s good to see they’re still working on their game and trying to take care of their players.

Final Fantasy XIV Online is the fourteenth installment in the Final Fantasy series, released in September 2010 by Square Enix.

Source: Joystiq | VG247

So my question... Why didn't they put Yoshida on top of this game before? Woulda been smarter before, and maybe the PS3 release woulda been released!

But sounds like a lot of improvements from the first time I ever played this game (for free, since my friend bought it.)

This game has undergone incredible transformation. By the time v2.0 comes out no one will recognize it as the same game. I've talked with people who played on day 1, then dropped the game only to came back in the last 2 weeks. Most everyone I've talked to likes the game so much more now.

I'm a little crazy in that I've played since launch.
I didn't have any other FF games to play, so why not since it was free until recently. Watching the mechanics change has been fun , and I get to re-learn significant portions of the battle system every couple of months at this point while they are reworking it.

Yoshi-P can take all the time he wants. His vision for the game could be the future of SE and the success of Final Fantasy. I hope he assigned a future offline numbered FF title. The game feels like a Final Fantasy game now, I just wish the main plot wasn't on hold until v2.0. (the main plot is being reworked into v2.0 since many cutscenes need to be remade due to map re-desgins)

The Seventh Umbral Era plot with all their "time-based" events are pretty fun. There's a presence currently in the game of impending doom thanks to what appears to be a giant meteor slowly getting closer to the planet (That's the non-spoilery version). With every update it gets closer, which can be visually seen everywhere you go. Strange events are happening too such as water appearing / disappearing in certain areas of the world. They don't tell you all the changes in each update (they tell you game mechanic changes), and it's up to the player to notice them during their normal play. GMs have also been appearing as news reporters and interact with the populace, they sometimes offer tidbits of new lore, or hints about things players might not have discovered yet. (This event is considered live and "one-time," so it is progressing at a specific pace and will be finished at v2.0.

Regarding the merges, they are welcome. SE originally released the servers with the intent they would also house the PS3 population (which they currently do not of course). They won't be completely forced merges, as players will be given an option as to which server they wish to transfer to. I'm hoping a certain couple of "elite" Linkshells don't make it to the server I play on.

SE has also stated that there will be "clean" servers when 2.0 launches. Allowing everyone a fresh start if they want it. Based on the way the game has progressed, a 1.0 server and a 2.0 server will have very different economies. I'm probably going to roll a second character just to see what it's like.

i honestly totally forgot about this game. still not interested in playing it. i will buy the ps3 version jus to say i hav it. maybe itll go somewhat free lik dc universe? ahahahahahaha ya no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back