Classic or Gray

I think I tried them both in several games, I don't really prefer one over another. They both look pretty nice, I guess.

Usually I customize the background on games like FFVII with the sliders, but I stuck with the Gray for FFIX. I actually didn't know you could change it on this game, so I never really messed with it.

I do care. I kinda wanna want colour in my background, I love the FF's where I can customize my background colours especially in the FF4, 5 and 6 advance. In FF7 the default colour was a nice aqua blue and that's one of my favorite choices. I can't seem to stand the grey fricking background in FF8 anymore, it's damn annoying but it does kind of suit the game too. FF9 aswell has grey, never played it so I don't know whether or not you can customize the BG.

I do care. I kinda wanna want colour in my background, I love the FF's where I can customize my background colours especially in the FF4, 5 and 6 advance. In FF7 the default colour was a nice aqua blue and that's one of my favorite choices. I can't seem to stand the grey fricking background in FF8 anymore, it's damn annoying but it does kind of suit the game too. FF9 aswell has grey, never played it so I don't know whether or not you can customize the BG.

That's what this thread is about, you get to choose in this game between either a classic blue background or the bland grey background.

As for my choice, it's definately the classic blue. The game was supposed to pay homage to all the other Final Fantasy games, playing without the classic blue would be like watching a movie without the audio.

I didn't realize I could change it, so it remained Grey. I didn't really mind though, I kinda liked the Grey background to be quite honest.

I think I stuck with grey too, but I did change it to blue background for awhile, then decided to switch to grey. Either way though I don't really mind, I guess. Just that at the time, I was missing the grey background since I played this game right after I played FFVIII (which has grey as its main theme). Guess I missed it. But overall I do love classic blue.

I like more the blue one, but i change between both now and then.
I voted for Gray since its the one i have been using lately... The 1 and 2 Times i completed the game i used the Blue, now im using the Gray one.

Gray. I liked it better in this game. I think it matches the theme of the game better.

BLUE always. But id like to take this moment just to say how much I love this game. Ive always been more into the Final Fantasy games with the more Fantasy (wizards, swords...) type. I really wish they would make another like that using the gaming systems of today.

I used the grey and blue actually. I'm not sure why i switched, i just decided one day that i didn't like the classic menu look, so i switched it.

It's always been gray for me. The shade of the classic one hurts my eyes. D:

EDIT: Oops. Voted for the wrong one in the poll. Ah well. >_>

Last edited:
The gray kills my eyes, because it just kind of blends in with the other colors throughout the game.

So the blue is the one I chose because it shows up every where and anywhere.

On top of that Blue is my favorite color.

The grey always seemed blah, so I always changed it.

I always change it to blue. It looks way better too me than gray. That gray is FAIL to me. I always stick with blue, since my first playthrough.

Back