Music!

Angel Valentine

Seph says yer dumb
Veteran
Gil
Music Favorites & Least Favorites Discussion

You can discuss anything you love or hate about anything relating to music in depth. You can talk about your favorite bands, artists, composers, albums, instruments, etc...or how much you dislike any of those things.

Just,

1.) No flaming.
2.) No spamming.
3.) Do not go off into totally unrelated tangents.

I like alot of different music but I don't seem to understand the general dis-like for techno. I love techno especially when a dj is spinning it live and just rocks the freakin house down. I like to dance to it, play games while jamming to it, and playing working on cars its also good.

I feel Techno is the music of the future with great sounds but like I said everone hates it. WHY?

It's 'cause hip-hop and rap are dominating the scene at the moment, of course. :|

I kinda like techno, so you're not alone there.
Plus my cousin's addicted to the stuff. He plays it everywhere and turns up bass in his car whenever he does it.

I am very versatile...

I love listening to Incubus which is rock... Chilli peppers, N*E*R*D, the Neptunes, RnB, Hip Hop (Not really gangsta) alot of the modern stuff.

But I also like listening to a bit of 80's. My favourite would have to Head over Heels or Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears. :cool:

I dont listen to Emo

I remember a time when I was versatile...-_- in listening to music.

I listened to Linkin' Park, K-pop, J-pop, J-rock...all sorts of stuff.

Now I stick mainly to classic rock and 80's stuff.
I don't like hip-hop and rap anymore.

The only thing is stick to in R&B is Rhianna. She shooo kawaii!

But i mainly listen to rock. Most kinds of rock really, though i have no idea what label certaion bands fit into (o.0). It's all the same to mee.

I've suddenly fell in love with Rufus Wainwright recently. HAWT!

I love power metal. Any power metal is good. But the best iv'e heard is dragon force, then probibly Celesty.

Me? The soundtrack of multiple games and movies. Current rap is shit in my opinion.

Last edited:
Sorry, rap fans, but I don't like rap either.
I mean, I used to like it, but now I don't. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, it's just that I have no idea what to make of rap, really.

Game soundtracks on the other hand, specifically FFVII, are quite awesome.
I listen to the album I downloaded at least once a day. :P

I love MCR. a lot. They are my favorite band right now, but i also love Fall Out Boy and Evanescence as well, and i love Gackt and other Jpop music. Utada is definitely one of my favorite singers as well.

Im a big fan of indie-pop. And electro. I love discovering music and sharing it with my friends.
But Jpop and French pop I keep to myself.

I can't get into the current rap scene. Except maybe Kanye, and thats a maybe. Right now, it all sounds the same. There's no more music involved anymore. It's all lame rhymes and urban street cred.

Country is just tooo.....bad.

Rock has also lost its appeal. It sounds the same and the lyrics have become so much of the same thing. Powerchord + angst = #1 SINGLE

I agree with you, Holic. About the rap and rock thing. xD
I find that most of the rock nowadays is highly...hard (???) to listen to just because most of it has either degenerated to punk or yelling or whatever else (no offense, but I hate it >.<) or had degenerated into country hybrids. o_O

Also, yeah, I like Kanye as well, but that's about it. I find it difficult to understand what most rappers are saying in the song and the fact that some rappers find it fun to 'sing' faster and faster with each successive song only aggravates that feeling.

This is what I despise about the current rap scene, people just judge on what's in the commercial half, underground rap is FAR superior, and yes, new rock does fucking suck.

I really like piano music and rock music. Not punk, heavy metal shit, just normal rock music thats quiet and actually pleasant to listen to. The black mages is a perfect example of what I like(Even more so is their song, "The skies above").

The only thing I hate is Rave music...I despise that sorry excuse for music.
and yeah, I also agree about rap and the punk thing that Holic was talking about, on how its just same old shit that, thats lost its touch and has no feeling to it.

Kanye west however is an exception. his songs are quite good:monster:

Last edited:
Loads of different types, but mainly classic rock and metal,

My favourite band being Pink Floyd, with Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Dire Straits, and Metallica coming in at close second.

Some old skool hip hop is cool, Cypress hill, run dmc...., i also like some post hardcore rave stuff, good moshing music in general....like enter shikari

I enjoy almost anything other than hard rock, screamer and dance music. I enjoy cassical, rock, 80s music, some Pop music...My favourites would include Nickelback, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, Final Fantasy music, Soundtracks such as Shrek (1 and 2) and Moulin Rouge, and also some Christian music (e.g.: Barlow Girl, Jaci Velasquez and Tim Hughes. Strangely, I'm not Christian).

I'm big into Indie, Rock and Indie-rock. Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Muse, The Fratellis, Paramore, Maximo Park. Stuff like that.
I like 80s music too though. Bon Jovi, Meatloaf and Iron Maiden (90s?) are all win.
I like a bit of Drum 'n' Bass too, mainly Pendulum.

Ilisten to almost any type of music from Rock to Rap, as long as I like the song, I dont really enjoy very many rap songs though, just a select few.

My faves are the Red Hot Chili Peppers but I'll listen to anything once.

Back