Music!

I'm definitely in love with indie-rock, indie-pop, indie-electro, and post rock.
Some of my fave artists are Deerhoof, Architecture in Helsinki, Broken Social Scene, Iron & Wine, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Go! Team, and Belle & Sebastian.
I seriously love music more than air. :]

I like classic rock, and some older punk stuff and lots of genres really. 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, s'all good =D Not so much newer stuff because it all sounds the same to me and i cant be assed with it, somes good though ofcourse!

I generally hate squeaky chipmunk-esque dance/rave music because it just sounds like a washing machine (especially hate when neddy types play said washing maching music on phones, grrrr), and lots of new indie type stuff bugs me (arctic monkeys/the view/hadouken or whatever genre they fall into i dont care).
Death metal gives me headaches too (although they are mostly a LOT more talented than a lot of bands and im not disputing that)

I hate people who say they're versatile, then just say they like Rock, Hip Hop and some 80's Music. If that's versatile, then I'm the second coming of Jesus.

Genres I like:
Metal
Reggae
Renaissance
Baroque
Classical
Romantic
Hip Hop
Impressionist
Norweigan Folk
Irish Folk
Swedish Folk
African Folk
Australian Folk
Romanian Folk
Country
Drum 'n' Bass (Not much, admittedly)
Jazz
Blues
Soul
Funk
Film/Game Scores
Modern Classical
Some Serialist Music
Some Minimalist Music
Crunk

Favourite COMPOSERS:
Franz Liszt
Bob Marley
Varg Vikernes
Sergei Rachmaninoff
Sergei Prokofiev
Asis Nasseri
John Haughm
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Dmitri Shostakovich
Vintersorg

Favourite ARTISTS:
Boris Berezovsky
Agalloch
Haggard
Claudio Arrau
Madness
Bob Marley & The Wailers
Burzum

Last edited:
As long as it's not RnB and HipHop then Il like it, altho I do like abit of metal im not into the really heavy stuff, all that screaming and shizz is a bit crazy....

Im more of a Rock/Indie girl- perhaps abit of Reggae when it's warm outside on a Sunday and Im doing my housework. It's Sunday music to me. and anything from the 80's coz you gotta love abit of cheese :wacky:

Metal and classic rock is where it is at for me. My favourite bands would be Black Sabbath, Pentagram, Deep Purple, and Mercyful Fate. I won't claim to be versatile concerning my taste in music haha.

I don't mind some rap like Dr. Dre, Cypress Hill, Run DMC, Xzibit and some of the old stuff from Snoop dogg and Eminem. But I can't stand new age 'Gangsta Rap'. I enjoy some Hip-Hop Groups such as the Hilltop Hoods as well.

But mostly I am into metal and rock, Dance music isn't really my thing neither is punk or emo.

some of my favourite bands are: Metallica, Kiss, Muse, Jet, Rage Against the Machine, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Audioslave, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Gun's and Roses, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, Queen ect.....

Eminems first album was ok, I quite like Dre aswel maybe one or two tu pac songs but Im not a great lover of any of it really. I will only really listen to it if someone else happens to put it on and Im not at home so I don't really have a choice :wacky:

I used t love hardcore aswel :wacky: I still occassionally put my Bonkers CD's on when the fancy takes me.

I quite like Trance aswel & old school dancey stuff....

I do like quite alot of music, just my friends don't think i do because of the stuff I DON'T like...o_O

Nothing beats my love of U2, The Killers, Muse, REM etc tho....defo my prefered choice of music :monster:

For the past 2 years or so I've been really into what the death metal scene has developed into, spawning bands like The Black Dahlia Murder, I Killed the Prom Queen and the like. Pretty much anything with a breakdown really aha. Tech metals something I've lately got into though, stuff like Architects and Sikth, mainly cos my band hs taken a step in the prog direction so it's all about off beat drumming and minor scales and the like.

However, I'm not exclusive to metal like. Acoustic, thrash, electro, rap, techno and Johnny Cash a lot of my faves. Plus a bit of J-Rave is a beast. Those crazy japanese sure love to mess with your head ahaha (go listen to m1dy)

Really, I can't think of a genre of music I don't like, except for maybe 50 Cent, mainly because I feel his rhymes are pure shit :)

There are plenty of genres of music I can appreciate, but some of them are:

Krautrock
Indie rock/pop
Classical
Electronica
Darkwave
Ambient
Art rock
Glam
Funk
"Goth"
Punk
Britpop
Synthpop
Psychedelic
New Age...and more (which I'll post later)

I can appreciate a range of artists such as David Bowie to Mozart to The Chemical Brothers to Bauhaus...or britpop bands such as Blur, Pulp, The Verve.

I like all music from the 60s to 00s, but some 50s work from Chuck Berry to Elvis...I appreciate the Yardbirds, and I love new wave such as early Duran Duran, Wire and Japan.

I've become quite a bit more open when it comes to different genres of music I listen to now, compared to how I used to only like J-pop and RnB.

Now I like allsorts, especially Dance, Rock and Hip Hop.

I listen to RnB, Dance and J-pop/Rock the most though, but of course I do have others I like.

I love Ayumi Hamasaki and Koda Kumi, have liked Ayu for 5 years or so now, and Kuu for the last 2 years.

There's something different about Michael Jackson. He's the King Of Pop, there's nobody else like him. If you like him, you can't get enaugh. If you don't, you just don't.
In this condition I think he's great and has an awesome guitarist!

i like Metal [YOU CANT KILL THE METAL], Rock, old stuff like def leppard,j-pop [yay!], j-rock(visual-kei), anything with screaming vocals[screamo? i think?],grunge a little bit?

sorry rap and R&B is shit really in my oppinion.
dont listen to pop. why? too uh... repetitive.
or country. "dont brake muh heart muh achey brakey heart--- STOP. >.> thats just my oppinon...no offense to fans of those types of course.
techno is ok.

wut the hell is Emo? is it good or bad?

I don't like metal in general. (I HATE megadeth and slayer.) And yet Metallica is my favorite band of all time :P I like rock (classical, hard core, ...everything) Thin Lizzy, Led Zep, etc.

And Matt Rach, a guy from youtube lol.

I have a pretty varied taste in music, although its pure metal (thrash/speed, death, heavy, etc) 95% of the time, i love blues, jazz, soul, (whatever the talking heads is), stuff like santana, classic rock (and i do mean the 60's bo diddley etc), sabbath, bon jovi, cannibal corpse, emperor, metallica, megadeth, outkast, ICP, bob marley, flogging molly.

i cant be bothered typin in all my favs, so these are the fabled cream of the crop:

Black Label Society
Pantera
Dungeon
Saxon
Static - X
Disturbed
Children of Bodom
BB King
Meshuggah
the cult
guns 'n' roses
the offspring
Ozzy Ozbourne
Queen
Tenacious D (especially 'the metal')

one thing i cant stand is f*ckin' emo, the whole image (tiny cuts when they want attention, stupid fringes n jeans so damn tight it's just wrong).
O.K., some of them arent bad people, and some really do have problems and i'm tryin not to have a huge go at them, but the whole scene thing, winds me up. how many have actually died or been seriously injured cause they're tryin to fit in or impress the rest of em? idiots.

and the music sucks.

cant stand pop either.

I'm a Green Day sort of girl. You know the stuff.

I come from a town dominated by all sort of rap and hip-hop artists. Personally, it makes me sick how lots of people only like that sort of stuff because their friends do or they think it makes them cool. I accept that lots of people actually do like them for the music, and I am not against people's different tastes, but jeez everyone where I live is like a clone!! :dry:

And everyone walks round with it blaring out of their phone. Get some earphones!! :mad:

I like old-school Greenday. Basket Case! That song was t3h shizz!! New Greenday... Not so much a fan. Overplayed. Overdone. Half-way sell-outs. Not digging it.

As for our rap & hip-hop junkies.. uck! My favorite rap/hip-hop song would be California Love by the one and only 2Pac. Great song. Loved it. If it happens to be on the radio while I'm driving, it's blasting! Another song I'm liking right now over in the hip-hop genre would be Right Round by Flo Rida (Ft. Ke$ha). It takes me back to my 80's days (yes, I was born in the 80's... I'm allowed to like it by birth!). I think Ke$ha makes the song good though.

My favorite music genre is Indie. Death Cab for Cutie, Mae, Postal Service, Rooney, Keane... You get my point. It's relaxing. I'm in my 20-somethings here, I like relaxing. I'm also getting into Techno and Asian pop/dance as well though. Anyone else like the Asian scene? Know anything good?

Well I love Metal, anything Metal, I like and love it. My favorite band is Behemoth, but I also like Cradle of Filth, Lamb of God, Cannibal Corpse, All Shall Perish, Chimaira, Children of Bodom, Slayer, and quite a number more.
As for rap, r&b, hip hop, I can't stand this sh!t, it's absolutely ridiculous and I hate it, especially when I go to a place for a good buzz and I have to listen to this crap because everybody else doesn't know good music and listens to this crap.
Emo.. I dunno which I hate more, rap or emo, this is a debate that's been in my head for a long time. Do I hate gun-toting hip gangster wannabes with 22 inch rims more or do I hate a buncha whiny babies that have been spoiled all their lives and got dumped by a girl that they dated for 2 weeks? I just don't know.

Back