Best Overall FF Game

• Thread starter BustaMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BustaMo

Simply asking which game do you think is the best overall game in the Final Fantasy franchise.

We encourage you to vote to determine which is the ultimate winner overall, and you are welcome to post your opinions in reply, but it is not manditory; only the poll votes count towards the voting results.

FFVII has to be the best one with out a doubt. It has the coolest Ability System. And the most renown villian.

FFX.

Characters, story, backstory, Sphere Grid, Monster Arena, Jecht, Auron, Enemies...

Nothing sums up an almost perfect game to me than the reasons listed above. True love in a video game for me.

If FFVIII wins this poll, I might be prompted to delete the FFVIII section and anyone who's ever posted there besides me. <__<

*votes for VII*
Because it had the best character development, character histories, storyline, friendships, and battle system imo.

For me FFVIII since it was the game who actually made me want to play FF games, then I played part of FFVII but never had the chance to finish it because my copy was damaged :sad:

FFVIII:

The Weapons, specially the gunblades are great, both Squall or Seifer could be in games similar to "Dirge of Cerberus" due that they have the advantages of both long range and close range weapons. If you didn't wanted to slash through your enemies you could just pawn them from afar using the Gunblade's Trigger and shot them.

The storyline was simple, yes FFVII was deeper, still FFVIII had many elements that made me want to replay the game, specially the ending and the part in which Squall gets pierced by that ice lance spell that was used by Edea in Galbadia.

The whole Military Theme was great, it reminded me a lot to a school, in fact to those animes in which normal dudes get involved in a huge series of events. The Ba;amb Garden was great, though the song was highly irritating after wandering the Garden for a few minutes.

The Battle between both Balamb Garden and Galdbadia Garden was great, the song was good and went accordingly with the current atmosphere of the moment, and the crash between Gardens was awesome.

Sure there are many other FF games like X that gave me a good impression (besides X-2.....the lack of difficulty and simplistic storyline killed it....but Vegnagun was a good Boss for me and the Battle Song was great too), but FFVIII will always be my favorite.

FFX.

Characters, story, backstory, Sphere Grid, Monster Arena, Jecht, Auron, Enemies...

Nothing sums up an almost perfect game to me than the reasons listed above. True love in a video game for me.
our admin has good taste.
The game had all of above plus great music and it pretty much set the standard of what RPGs had to be like on the PS2 the same way FFVII set up the PSX. But FFX stands tall as the best imo

I'll vote for Final Fantasy IX. I basically loved everything about it. The story, the characters, the cutscenes and FMV. Zidane was very cheery, cocky and funny unlike the emo-like protagonists Cloud and Squall and he wasn't as lame as the lame-type protagonists Tidus and Vaan because when push came to shove, Zidane acted like a leader.

I know romance doesn't make a game but this one had the best out of the lot and it was enjoyable to watch Zidane and Garnet's relationship progress aswell as other relationships like Steiner and Beatrix aswell as Steiner being in total denial over the Queen but finall learns to accept that it is all true. Vivi, Zidane and Garnet learning about themselves and where they come from and despite being on the bit of a girly side with his thong, Kuja was badass. Given the oppurtunity and he will show you what he is capable of.

I also liked the Ability Equip System. They can really help if utulized properly and only being able to equip so many abilities also leaves the strategy open to select what would be best for what boss etc.

Overall the game was great. FFVII was the first game I have played and I never thought I would enjoy another FF more than FFVII and although I did get FFIX and enjoyed it, it wasn't until recently that the game just kept growing on me and I couldn't help but love it.

IX because it introduced me to the series and I'm so thankful that I chose this to start with. It has the most complete and original feeling of a final fantasy.

I vote for IX.

I remember first time playing it I thought every time "Here I'm gnna fight the end boss" but again that place didnt give me the final battle. Which actually made me happy, I just wanted to kept playing wishing there wasnt an end to this game.

I dont think it has the best storyline and battle system but combined IX comes on top for me, and it has the best chars of all FFs imo =)

XII. It has great exploration, no lame random battles, and no characters with emo pasts, which is a great change. Graphics/visuals stunning, music - different, but certainly not weak just because it isn't Nobuo. VA - fantastic, vast improvement on X's. There are so many things to do/complete, this game will last way more then 100hrs.

theres only one winner for me FFX

i thought the characters, storyline, graphics, sidequest were perfect, imo the greatest FF by far

I voted for FFVI as the best overall FFgame and the reason why i dit it is because to me a game with such a variety of characters, where you don´t have to tag along with the main character is always great in my book!

Plus it´s the only FFgame that i can say that i don´t hate any character...well maybe apart from Relm and Cid but even they are almost alright i suppose!:rolleyes:

It has to be FFX, Bustamo said it best...this is an almost perfect game

Arrggg! I was torn betwwen VII and XII. I voted VII... sorry I just cracked under the pressure... lol. VII overall was the best in regards to play and story for me.

FF VII. I just can't get enough of the characters, story, battle system, Everything!

It's FFVIII for me. The opening and ending are both nigh-on perfect, and whilst I know some people hated the characters, I found them to be the ones I most cared about in any FF game bar perhaps FFIX. Great storyline, nicely letting you piece together some of the missing parts yourself. And also I have great sympathy with a game that had the ridiculously difficult task of having to follow up a game as successful as FFVII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back