• Thread starter BustaMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BustaMo

"Where's the Love'n!?!?!"

Simply asking which game do you think is the most overlooked/underrated in the Final Fantasy franchise.

We encourage you to vote to determine which is the ultimate winner overall, and you are welcome to post your opinions in reply, but it is not manditory; only the poll votes count towards the voting results.

V. Most people have never even played it because it originally wasn't released on the SNES. And most probably choose not to play it now.

Lol there's two "VI", Busta. I believe you meant "IV" for the other.

Anyway, gotta go with VIII. A lot of people I know don't really like the game. =/ Sure there's some flaws, but I still love it and I just think it's one of those most overlooked game.

I'll say II. It wasn't released internationally before so it isn't well known to people but the story and gameplay is impressive for a NES RPG.

I'm gonna have to go with IX on this one. A lot of fans didn't like this installment, I thought it was all-round great game with a great set of character and it always reminds me of the FF's of old with a modern console feel (at that time).

i will say 5 as i am the only one in my area who even knows final fantasy exists.......

No FFXII? Ugh. Must say I'm distgusted tbh. At least VII isn't on there. Anyway, I vote VIII. Sure it needed improvements, but it was a damn good game, music was good, graphics were ok for its time, and the card game was such a challenge, it was only for the devoted extremists.

At least VII isn't on there.

Amen to that. Because anyone who thinks it's underrated deserves a good pop in the mouth. Also V was highly underrated, I liked that game, but many FF fans forget it exists. V needs love too. At least Gilgamesh got more attention than anyone else from that game. (Boco doesn't count.)

Last edited:
I think II is the only game on that list that is both widely ignored by fans and has never had critics rave about it especially. It's generally considered to be one of the weakest installments in the series though, so that's probably understandable. I'll probably have to vote for FFV then. Even though the recent re-release has been praised by critics it still lacks the popularity of other underated games in the series like III (thanks in part to the DS release), IX and Tactics.

Judge Rulia said:
No FFXII? Ugh. Must say I'm distgusted tbh. At least VII isn't on there. Anyway, I vote VIII. Sure it needed improvements, but it was a damn good game, music was good, graphics were ok for its time, and the card game was such a challenge, it was only for the devoted extremists.
Both FFVIII and FFXII are generally held in particularly high regard by critics and have sold several million copies each (FFVIII being the second best seller in the series). In addition, FFVIII has an incredibly dedicated fanbase which has been known to occasionally outnumber FFVII supporters in some circles (namely fan-fiction oriented). FFXII lacks this, although this is some what to be expected since it's a relatively new release. In any case, neither of these games are exactly what I would call 'underrated', much less 'overlooked'.

Last edited:
It's just what I thought anyway, seeing a lot of negative criticism from people and all..

VI for me...i think that since after it came VII with 3-D graphics a lot of people overlooked this great FF title and did not bother about it when it´s actually an amazing title.

FFIV because its older and 2D its overlooked, but it is a great game with a fantastic plot

FFIX, a lot of people are negative about this game and i don't understand why. it had an amazing story and an easy battle system. whats not to love?

im deeeeefinitely going with IX on this one. IMO this was one of the greatest final fantasies and it has plenty of haters. a gREAT game and i honestly don't see why it isnt widely regarded as one of the best.

I will have to say FFIX. Since FFVII when the Final Fantasy population grew even larger, FFIX was heavily critisized and is often forgotten. However that seems to be the view from those who aren't exactly FF fans but just maybe have played FFVII. Still, it usually doesn't recieve that much credit in the media as it should.

Last edited:
I voted FFIX people dont think its as good as VVI,VII and X but there wrong it clearly stands on its feet againts them

FFV is by far the most overlooked though i find FFIX much better and seem as its horribly underrated i chose that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back