FFF Merge Progress

Merge with the other FFForums?

• Of course; anything that would help this forums - just go for it!

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I don't think this could turn out into a good idea because...

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • I would care less.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm not really sure about this but do whatever you want.

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

Darkblade

Veteran
Gil
I have came up with a brand new idea for this forums. Merge. Yeah that's right, you heard me. I have been thinking of merging this forums with the other Final Fantasy Forums and I know you're not too familiar with it. In case you haven't noticed already, there is another FFF that is running on InvisionFree. Here is the link to that FFF...

> http://ffforums.invisionplus.net

They seem to be a huge forum but the forum activity went down and so I'm offering my help to them. Although that is not a problem and I can even sort that out all by myself. Their FFF is exactly the same as ours, I don't really see any difference at all. You see, we have the same skin, same forums/categories, same sections, same users, some topics, and so on. The only difference is that they are running on Invision Power Board (or InvisionFree) as their current bulletin board software, nothing else really. So in other words, both forums will be joined together and form into one, huge site. We can be the largest and probably the best Final Fantasy community forums around with the most amount of features and additions added. Seeing as the administrator of this site, I think the idea of the merge process would be quite attractive and even more appealing. I'm not sure about you guys though and thus I have created this thread asking to post up your thoughts and opinions concerning the merge of both FFF's. I won't start the process of this merge not until I hear your thoughts from you people first. I have talked to the staff already about this a couple of days ago and it seems that some liked the idea and some didn't so I believe it would be a good idea to have the others informed about this as well. So it's all up to you guys, really. And before you ask me this question, no we are not going to lose any forum data or any of the mods. After the merge, everything will be kept as it is except we have grown rapidly with the total amount of users, threads, and posts of both forums that have merged together. Yes, we will meet more people where you could have more friends and there will be more activity.

That's all there is to say now. Any questions, inquiries, ideas, or confessions that you might have? Please be sure to do it right here as I'd love to hear them from you! :)

My main interest for this site especially is the RP forum. Theirs seem active enough, but as for the quality of their work, I haven't seen yet. I believe the merging is a good idea for the sake of activity, but it's your call.

Edit: I've looked through some of their roleplays. Egh. . .though I highly appluad their sense of originality, by my standards, they lack quality. I'm sure they got it in them, but I just don't see the effort other than a few lines here, a small paragraph there.

Perhaps, if we do undergo this merge, we could establish a bigger RP community with a decent if not appropriately advanced level. I'm quite sure some of you may be against the idea for it might sound "elitist and Nazi," but I think a merge is more than just having new members. It is also a time for change. A change for the best.

Last edited:
I have made my choice and stand firmly by it. I don't believe staff members will appreciate extra additions to both sides, as it could cause people to lose their jobs, which wouldn't be too nice. It looks like a dead forum, with some posts recentish, but then you check the rest of the area, and see that noone has posted in them for like weeks, you wonder if a merge will do much good.

I am mostly against this myself and I know for sure I am not alone as I have checked out there version of this thread and most of them do not like the idea.

Staff will be a huge problem as there will be too many and no one wants to loose their job.

Their sections are not exactly the same as ours they have considerably less and they do not have a club section.

How will duplicate threads be sorted out because just sticking them together will NOT work. It will cause far too much mess and confusion.

It's ok, really, it would be good if you merge the forums, more members, more topics, new people to know, etc. So I think the idea is good.

hi everyone first time poster i got the email in my inbox i say no because they arent very active you want an active forum, most of their posters have posted once or twice in the day and they dont even have at least 10 ten posters if youre going to merge with someone who has a good forum

I don't truely have an Idealistic from it yet but from thing about it it does seem like a good Idea and will mostlikely then none help the forum out excepsionally(sp?). I think we should also see with more posts in the polls what the rest of us think before continuing....

if i see a forum dieing i always offer them a place over at my forums, its always a good idea to do it ^_^

Personally, I see this as an oppurtunity to grow in size and publicity. The merger idea is appealing to new members (most likely) as it is a difference from most other forums. This can attract publicity and achieve what the main goal was: to get more members and become the best know FF Forums, I believe?

However, I can see this from the point of views of the members of staff. Some do not want to lose their jobs and they are quite right to feel this way. I would think it would be a great loss to lose some of the staff we already have here. However, looking at it differently, with a merger comes more members (hopefully) and with more members comes more responsibility, which will lead to more staff openings. This couls either be a great chance for the forums to rise, or a great risk to take and lose all current members and staff.

I would vote yes, currently. If we all pulled together and did out best to advertise, I'm sure we could make this idea work. I don't believe for one second that other members here are not registered on other active forums ;)

Hello everyone, my name is Dr J, im a admin at the other FF Forums, and i would just like to say that im looking foward to posting and working with the people here, that is if the merger goes through.

To many KH players here.......:P lol

As for the the topic: Yes as said in previous post, that this place can be more active. I will edit when I have a witty saying about this.....

Mmmmm?

I'm kind of open minded on this merger. I've been a member of FFF (other one) for over a year and we have gone through 3 or 4 different boards. We have worked together on FFF so I don't want to see it all go to waste.

The reason we had this many forums was because some of the staff deleted it. Of course this was in the past and we have mostly learnt our lessons and have become better people.

I don't mind what happens as long as we can get on with each other.

Last edited:
I say no...usually, people have the idea that bringing other people from other forums is a good idea...but...in the end it only causes more problems. Their way of running things might be different, there would be more staff members and they might not agree on somethings, or it would lead them to lose their jobs, and what bothers more, is that there are some members that arent usually nice, or all they do is spam, post idiotic topics, and bother members, who would eventually leave... i know that from experience..

Back