Doctor Who

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Any fans out there? I watched the some of the first and second series, but now I'm fully watching the third series. I've watched two episodes so far and I love it! :D

I assume she's talking about the new series. Watched the first season on and off but I can't stand Billie Piper acting for the life of me, it's just painful. And the scripts seem to me to be glorified fan-fictions which is a bit of a turnoff. I like Tennant as The Doctor though, good choice of actor.

Not seen any of S3 yet.

Only two episodes of S3 has been screened so far in the UK. I'm watching the Confidential one now. His new assistant is called Martha. I do miss Rose, though. She was the one that made it all normal and calm. Too bad about what happened to her, yet she will be referred to in the new series.

I assume she's talking about the new series. Watched the first season on and off but I can't stand Billie Piper acting for the life of me, it's just painful. And the scripts seem to me to be glorified fan-fictions which is a bit of a turnoff. I like Tennant as The Doctor though, good choice of actor.

Not seen any of S3 yet.

Well, I just watched one from Series three, it was about witches.

I don't need to say anymore.

I was really disappointed to see Rose go int series 2 :sad: She was an excellent character. I much prefer David Tennant to Chris Ecclestone as The Doctor though. He has that boyish innocent about him that I prefer. I didn't watch too much of the previous 2 new series, but I'm really into it now

I've seen all of season one and part of season 2, so far I like it with the exception of the [SIZE=-1]Daleks, the noise they make and the way they talk just kinda drove me up a wall Lol, [/SIZE]but other than that I'm liking it a lot as well.

Just by looking at your custom user title and Avatar, did something happen to Rose's character?

EDIT***

Never mind, I just read above. Obviously something happened to her. :'(

Last edited:
I believe that she was warped into an alternate world? That was what my friend told me one day. I think it's like everything is completely the opposite. Like when her mum is dead, her dad is alive, the Doctor doesn't exist in that world. I think I'll buy the first and second series when I get the money. I wouldn't really mind watching it. :)

Yeah, that's essentially what happened.
It happened at Torchwood when all the Daliks attacked London. A portal was opened up to get rid of them, and Rose was also sucked into it[/spolier]
What I can't remember is why the Daliks didn't end up with her...

I believe that she was warped into an alternate world? That was what my friend told me one day. I think it's like everything is completely the opposite. Like when her mum is dead, her dad is alive, the Doctor doesn't exist in that world. I think I'll buy the first and second series when I get the money. I wouldn't really mind watching it. :)

Yeah, that's essentially what happened.
It happened at Torchwood when all the Daliks attacked London. A portal was opened up to get rid of them, and Rose was also sucked into it[/spolier]
What I can't remember is why the Daliks didn't end up with her...
Ahh, Ok. She's stuck in an alternate reality. I liked her character a lot and I was worried that she had completely died or something along those lines. As long as she's not dead, I'll keep the hoping that the good Doctor will get her back later. :) Thanks guys!

Looks like I'll have to catch up with the rest of season 2. :D

I really do want Rose Tyler to come back though. She was a very popular character amongst the fans and I'm sure that she could somehow come back, right? She's not trapped there forever, is she? Also, I do like Tennant as the Doctor. I prefer him to Eccleston.

Love the Doctor ^^ I missed this Saturdays epsiode, but form the preview it didnt look that hot. I cant wait for John Simm to make his apperance ^^ David Tennant is coolio as the Doc as was Christopher Eccleston (my mum went to school with his sister!), but I actually miss Rose. Never thought Id admit to that!

I really do want Rose Tyler to come back though. She was a very popular character amongst the fans and I'm sure that she could somehow come back, right? She's not trapped there forever, is she? Also, I do like Tennant as the Doctor. I prefer him to Eccleston.

There must be some problem with it. He can travel through space and time as he wants to, so it can't exactly be hard to go and get her back. Maybe it has something to do with the portal that they created to banish the Daleks?

Not that I'm an expert in this show but wasn't she sucked into another dimension entirely? Which is something I'm pretty sure the TARDIS can't travel to.

WARNING SPOILERS

Rose was sucked into an alternate reality, which we've noticed.

But she is stuck there FOREVER, Torchwood had opened a portal to the other dimension, so people from dimension 2 could get into 1. There was a big war with the cybemen and daleks so the doctor sent them into the void, a whole other place. Rose was almost sucked in, but her dad saved her and took her to dimension 2, which the doctor had closed off forever, meaning getting between the 2 dimensions is impossible. The doctor manages to find a small hole to project a projection into. He says his goodbyes and the hole closes, meaning no one can get into the other dimension. So, she could and most likely will be gone forever.

I'm a bit of a Dr Who geek, but i blame my brother, who loves it. :P

Im really getting into Doctor Who it's a top programe.
I much prefer David Tennant's style over Eccleston.

Just worth a mention, but Doctor Who and Tourchwood are both filmed in my hometown Cardiff. They have filmed in my place of work a few times too.

Who's seen the latest episode?
Fantasticamo, no?
I loved the monsters and the whole confusing time travel thing.

It was a pretty neat episode tonight, carried off very well. And those Weeping Angels were really sinister.

"DON'T BLINK!"

Back