Party members

Jimmy

PIE lover!
Veteran
Gil
What´s your favorite combination of party members?

Mine is:

Zidane: because i´m forced too

Eiko: because she is the best white mage in the game and also as some nice summons

Freya: Her dragon knight skills are quite usefull and she makes a great fighter

Quina: Her blue magic is extremely useful especially Frog Drop and Angel´s snack. Plus she can eat her opponents:cool:

Mine are:

Zidane: a.) I'm force too. b.) Grand Lethal kicks ass.
Garnet: Mostly because of her summons and I can survive on the White Magic she has.
Freya: Always like Jump, can become very handy and a lot of the time when it comes to getting your ass kicked, you can forget about her and focus on the other 3.
Amarant/Vivi: Sometimes I would use Vivi but after FFVII, I am not much of a magic user so I mostly favour Amarant as a second tank as you wish since Garnet won't be attacking and Freya misses a turn.

Zidane, Garnet, Freya and Amarant was the team I completed the game with.

Zidane - because im forced to
Garnet - best white mage IMO has lots of summons
Vivi - black magic Steiners sword skills
Steiner - Strongest tank, magic sword.

Yeah i kinda favour mages :P

Zidane - Because you have to.
Eiko - She's a much better white mage than Garnet, and i rarely use summons.
Steiner - His Shock attacks pwns all.
Freya/Amarant - I alternate between them. Freya's Cherry Blossom and Dragon's Crest attacks come in very handy. Amarant's No Mercy attack does some heavy damage, and Aura is pretty damn handy.

As you don't have to use Zidane inside Memoria, i use Steiner, Eiko, Freya and Amarant.

re

my fav party is:

Zidane (forced to use him)

vivi (flare, flare, flare...and sometimes doomsday)

steiner (flare sword, flare sword, flare sword...)

eiko (holy spell and a double white magic trance can be great sometimes)

My team remained more or less unchanged once the game stopped forcing you to change:

Zidane - You're forced to use but what's the problem? He's speedy and deals good damage so no complaints from me.
Freya - I've always liked Lancers/Spear using characters so Freya's a natural choice for me. Plus Jump spamming made necron a sinch.
Quina - The mightiness of Quina cannot be disputed, arguably the coolest Final Fantasy character aside from Kain and Balthier.....well, in my warped mind.:P But Blue Magic rocks, and stabbing people forks does as well.
Aramant - Visually he was the character that made me think "....cool" with in the game. That and he seemed rather balanced so it wasn't a bad deal.

zidane-cause you have to
vivi-because of his magic
steiner-because he has highest hp, attack,armour and best weapon
amarant-because he has high attack power and can throw items

Zidane, Steiner, Amarant and Freya. I use these characters because they can use non-elemental attacks which are the most powerful in the game thus making the strongest party.

Zidane, Steiner, Amarant, and Garnet. Strength for the first 3 and then Garnet's healing and summoning abilities.

Sometimes I'll switch up Amarant with Freya though to mix it up a bit.

Zidane, Vivi, Eiko and Amarant. Zidane cause you can't switch him, Vivi for his Black Magic, Eiko for her summons (especially Phoenix cause he can revive your dead party members) and Amarant for his Throw ability.

Zidane (trance moves do like 9999)

Garnet (White Mage Support

Vivi ( Flare)

Steiner ( I forgot the move name but when he has very low HP you can initiate and attack that does the difference between his Max and Current HP. And since his hp is relatively high that was useful)

Zidane (trance moves do like 9999)
Thievery can do 9999 damage as well - it takes quite a lot of stealing, but if you steal frequently throughout the game then you should be pretty close by disc 4. Once Thievery is doing 9999 damage, you won't want to trance unless you want to nuke multiple enemies at once - something that can be left to other party members. Soul Blade, Sacrifice and Thievery can be much more useful than Zidane's Dyne abilities.

Normally I use Zidane, Vivi, Eiko and Amarant as my final party.

A few for party building: three physical characters seems to be better than three magical characters. Because she's effectively a combined Vivi and Eiko, Garnet works best on 3P/1M parties or 2P/2M parties in which the other magical character is Quina. In 2P/2M parties, Freya or Amarant are much better choices for the second physical character than Steiner (and in Memoria you can ditch Zidane and take both, if you like). Even when making a 3P/1M party I'd think twice before including Steiner.

In his defence, Steiner can go solo more effectively than the other characters (although a Steiner SCC isn't exactly the most exciting FFIX challenge), and if you want to use an all-physical party then Charge! can be quite a handy attack.

Zidane: Obligatory. His attacks are alright once you get him some decent weapons.

Steiner: Raw strength. His abilities are somewhat useful, but have a low accuracy rate. However, his swords have high power, so he's an indefinite choice on any play through.

Vivi: Exactly the same as Steiner, only for magic. For most of the game, his spells deal an ass-load of damage. Flare raws mah sawks.

Garnet: Probably not as tactically useful as Eiko, but she's good none the less. Her Eidolons seem more appealing to me because of the element choice, so I always stick with her. R1 + Curaga = <3

Zidane: Steal away from those bosses!
Eiko: You do need someone to heal and who doesnt have to wait until someone actually needs to be healed cuz her attacks are too weak( Garnet >_<).
Freya: White draw is just so friggin OP and Dragon Breath is a good attack.
Amarant: Altho I like him more in combination with vivi (curse!), without him he's strong enough: throw + no mercy ! ^^

Mine's:
Zidane (best physical damage-dealer after Steiner, steal and ownage trance attacks)
Garnet (summons, white magic)
Freya/Steiner (Jump, Dragon's Crest/Climhazzard, magic sword)
Vivi (BLK magic)

Back