Party members

Zidane - He's fast and does good damage.
Vivi - Really strong black magic, and strong.
Garnet - Healer/Summoner, way stronger then Eiko!
Steiner - Super powerhouse who is super strong and damages a lot.

Zidane does some serious battle damage, but it would be great to put Amarant in his place.
Otherwise i always use Freya and Vivi and switch between Garnet and Eiko.

Zidane because he's mandatory for most of the game. Even when he wasn't, I still used him. His regular attack is good enough. Eiko because of full life and Holy. Which is amazing pwnage. I never really used the summons, so I'm not missing much with Dagger. Vivi because he's Vivi. What more do you need? Steiner because he's amazingly strong and Shock is hella dope. That's my favorite team right there.

I always have Steiner with me. Steiner is a must have. I tend to pick Garnet because i prefer her character over Eiko a little bit. Though i would say Eiko is slightly better as a healer. Then for my fourth character I tend to have Vivi. He's not only one of my favourite characters but hes invaluable for a large portion of the game, especailly the start of the game and the first dick. His magic is so handy and the sword attacks for Steiner are brilliant. Sometimes il swap Vivi out near the end of the game. There is a point where his spells stop becoming useful and your better off with a strong attacker like Amarant and his chakra abilities, or Freya and Quina etc etc. I rarely do this however as I like Vivi as a character. He's one of my favourites in the final fantasy universe.

Also i ALWAYS take Zidane with me. I dont think ive ever played through the game without him :grin:

If they ever remade IX I want them to make sure that Beatrix is a playable character. She would be a great addition to your squad once she turns over from the dark side.

Steiner and Vivi. Probably the best characters in the whole series. In IX, they were ALWAYS on my team except, of course, when they were separated. :O Other than them, it was Zidane and Eiko. I didn't like Eiko much as a character, but Madeen is a fucking kick-arse summon. :reptar:

I agree with Lewis about having Beatrix as a playable character. And if that were the case, then Marcus should be too.

Always Zidane-Eiko-Vivi and Freya in team. I find it a very balanced team and Eiko covers what Garnet doesn't perfect.

Zidane - Forced to use him
Vivi - I love black mages
Garnet - I prefer her for my white mage over Eiko
Quina - Blue magic ftw!

Always kinda annoyed me that blank wasnt in the game as a playable character (for the whole story) after the whole super soft quest you would have imagined he'd join the main group, but i guess hit loyalty to his boss was too strong to disobey /endrant.

Back