Party members

Zidane, Vivi, Steiner**, and Garnet

It's a pretty well balanced combo in my opinion.
Vivi and Steiner mutually support each other in MP attack.
Garnet casts healing white magic now and then, and Zidane supports.

So there. ^_^

Zidane, Vivi, Steiner**, and Garnet

It's a pretty well balanced combo in my opinion.
Vivi and Steiner mutually support each other in MP attack.
Garnet casts healing white magic now and then, and Zidane supports.

So there. ^_^

I used the same exact group as you Warbourne. Almost for the same reasons.

I'm playing FFIX through right now. =]
I'm debating which final party to have...

So far I know I want Zidane and Quina.
I know you all hate Quina, but it's because no one takes the time to learn all the awesome blue magic!

I'm playing FFIX through right now. =]
I'm debating which final party to have...

So far I know I want Zidane and Quina.
I know you all hate Quina, but it's because no one takes the time to learn all the awesome blue magic!
We dont all hate quina :p. I find her one of the more useful characters early game, lategame she gets a bit weaker but frog drop should do a massive amount of damage normally :p.

Booger: take any two out of Freya, Amarant and Vivi. Freya's Jump, Lancer, Dragon Breath, Cherry Blossom and Dragon's Crest will be good for damage, and Reis' Wind and White Draw can be useful support abilities. Amarant has his claws, Throw, No Mercy, Curse and Return Magic for offense, and Chakra, Aura and Revive and Healing for healing or reviving. Vivi's elemental magic can be used for offense or, with the right equipment, healing.

Hmm Cherry blossom?

you sure you wanna spill 46 MP on an ability that does about 2k damage lategame? :p

Other than that a good post I agree with except with white draw only having a slight mention :p.

Cherry Blossom is great. Come on, a spell that cost 16MP and can do 9,999 damage.

Well I used Freya, Steiner, Eiko and Zidane towards the end of the game.

Freya - Obliviously because of Cherry Blossom. She's also a kick ass character.

Zidane - You have to use him. He's a lot more useful in trance form thats for sure. -_-

Steiner - Shock

Eiko - Well...Eiko White magic > Garnet.

I did use Quina though to level up. Lvl 5 Death on the Grand dragons. :D

My awesome team at the moment and will stay this way:

1. Zidane - compulsory and he's strong.
2. Vivi - magic is very usefull, and he is the best FF character ever!
3. Freya - she's strong and i like her.
4. Quina - a supportive character and she rules!

I use all four cause they're my fav in the whole game.
--------------------------------------------------------
Why I don't use the others:

Amarent - I REALLY don't like him.....
Eiko - she's a little twerp.
Steiner - to boring and been done.
Dagger - meh. she isn't that awesome.

Right. It seems like...either you have vivi and steiner together, or you don't have either one of them because they basically counterpart one another.

Cherry Blossom is great. Come on, a spell that cost 16MP and can do 9,999 damage.

Well I used Freya, Steiner, Eiko and Zidane towards the end of the game.

Freya - Obliviously because of Cherry Blossom. She's also a kick ass character.

Zidane - You have to use him. He's a lot more useful in trance form thats for sure. -_-

Steiner - Shock

Eiko - Well...Eiko White magic > Garnet.

I did use Quina though to level up. Lvl 5 Death on the Grand dragons. :D
Pretty sure cherry blossom costs 46 MP and does around 2k damage lategame ;).

Dragon Breath is her best attack but costs 78 MP ( no problem tho with white draw). The amount of damage is equal to the amount of damage you've already dealt to the enemy (capped at 9999), so on her 1st turn just cast reis' wind and from then on use dragon breath with soemtimes a white draw to replenish MP.

Dragon crest costs 16 MP and the damage depends on how many dragons you have already defeated through the game.

Well I'm playing it the second run thorough now just because I ran out of games to beat and I like it.

Ziadane- He's cool
ViVi- Freakin rules!! Small and powerfull
Steiner- I always disliked. He gets on my nerves I named him DUMBASS this time around. All the other names I have stuck with
Quina- he/she is cool because (as already noted) the ability to eat monsters and learn new spells.
Freya- T R U character.. The "jump" ability and overall character makes her one of the best in this game.

Marquis and Blank should be noted as kick ass players though they are more guests than actual players.:P

Dragon Breath is her best attack but costs 78 MP ( no problem tho with white draw).

Dragon's Crest is her best attack. 16 MP to do a guaranteed 9999 damage is better than 78 MP to do a maximum of 9999 damage. The only thing that Dragon Breath has going for it is the fact that it's multi target. This only gives it an advantage when you're fighting against parties of three or more enemies, and even then you may as well use Dragon's Crest on one and let other characters take care of the rest.

Uck...I'm at the part of the game where
Garnet and Zidane are seperated...
(the beginning of disc two; in Cleyra)

This is the worst part. I don't want to level up unecessary characters since I won't use them later on. At Cleyra, you have Zidane, Vivi, Freya and Quina. So I have to kill of Freya and Quina to level Zidane and Vivi alone, since they're always in my final party.

Leveling up is quite boring and takes forever so early on in the game...

My favourite part of the games is at the Desert Palace, where your team splits in two, one going Oeliert, the other escaping the Palace.

I purposly took Zidane, Freya, Quina and Garnet to Oelviert, as you fight a harder Boss there, and Zidane, Freya and Quina are my strongest charaters.

I left Vivi, Eiko, Steiner and Amarent at the Palace so Vivi can help out the three wossy character that I left there.

You have to bring vivi and eiko to the palace...
I mean you don't have to, but...you can't bring them to oelviert, cause they're useless...

Dragon's Crest is her best attack. 16 MP to do a guaranteed 9999 damage is better than 78 MP to do a maximum of 9999 damage. The only thing that Dragon Breath has going for it is the fact that it's multi target. This only gives it an advantage when you're fighting against parties of three or more enemies, and even then you may as well use Dragon's Crest on one and let other characters take care of the rest.
Dragon's crest doesnt do 9999 damage in my game. The damage depends on how many dragons you have killed through the game; Maybe cuz you fight grand dragons all the time it is quite good for you but I train elsewhere (memoria) where there are no dragons so sorry. I did have my share of kille dgrand dragons ( daguereo) and yet the attack does around 2k damage where as dragon breath does 7k.

It's easy to disagree but hard to get arguments ;).

@ Booger: I wouldnt let my characters KO cuz your "important" characters would get more exp. this takes a lot away from the game + you'll actually have to use all your characters as they will be splitted more and more later in the game.

About Sand Palace: It's actually meant that you go to Oeilvert with all your non-magic chars (zidane,steiner,freya and amarant) and stay in the desert palace with your mages ( garnet,quina,eiko and vivi). Altho switching a lil bit shouldnt hurt.

Dragon's crest doesnt do 9999 damage in my game.
Dragon's Breath doesn't suddenly become the better attack just because you don't power up Dragon's Crest to it's full potential. Your argument is like saying Vivi is a better character than Steiner for no other reason than because you didn't bother to level Steiner up. Dragon's crest is really easy to power up. The damage it deals is equal to the square of the number of dragons killed. This means you have to kill 100 dragons for it to do 9999 damage. The Grand Dragons above Gizamaluke's Grotto are Level 60 can be killed with Quina's Level 5 Death, which means it's quick and easy to get your dragon kills. Dracozombies, Ironites, Serpions, Shell Dragons and Tiamat are also randomly encountered Dragon class enemies.

Zidane Vivi Steiner and Freya

because Vivi has black magic and he is my favorite, Steiner cause he always has high HP and strong attacks , Zidane cause you have to have him in your party, Freya cause she has good lance attacks.

I typically try to level my mages up as much as possible, so during the Oeilvert quest, I usually take one or two mages with me. Oeilvert is a great place to level up, especially with that monster that spits out replicas of your characters.

Back