Does It make A Difference If you Pick Normal Or Hard Difficulty?

I picked normal. Um, not sure if you can actually obtain cooler items in Hard Mode. I think it's just there for the name of challenge.

As what the name says, Hard mode is more difficult than Normal mode. I'm not sure if you can get a lot of items in Hard mode, but base on some games that I have played using hard mode, there'll be less items you can get and the enemies will be tougher than usual.
So, I'll suggest that you play normal mode first. You know, just to familiarized the game. Hard mode wouldn't be that hard if you'll know how to play it(experience).

I picked Normal mode just because I wanted to get the story jist and that was basically it. I have no idea what the real differences would be, but I saw no point in playing on Hard mode for a game I just wanted to beat quickly and move on to FFV.

Thank to the spoilerific strategy guide, I know the difference :]

Normal Mode - everything is normal, astonishingly.
Hard Mode - Enemies stats x2 (so basically, they do double damage and take half damage).

yes hard mode enemies do more damage and have more defence

However in final mix for kh1 there is a proud mode in which enemies are even harder than in the original one lol

Haha, not really.

There's an extremely thin line between the normal and expert difficulties, meaning both are very easy.

On expert, enemies deal more damage and take longer to vanquish. It's not an extreme change.

The difference between normal and expert mode is that in expert mode, the enemies take out twice as much as they do in normal mode. The leveling is determined by the questions you ask at the beginning of the game.

Well yes^
but you could make expert mode harder by choosing the sword and giving up the sheild

The only difference between Expert and Normal for me was i died in Expert and breezed through Normal. I didn't know what to expect from the bosses in Expert but it made it more fun overall.

Im not sure on this but if you play normal mode you must do some side quests to unlock a secret ending and beat the game and expert you just have to beat the game to see it, but Im not sure at all

The difference between normal and expert mode is that in expert mode, the enemies take out twice as much as they do in normal mode. The leveling is determined by the questions you ask at the beginning of the game.

Not only what BS says here, but at the end, you have a different piece of art at "THE END" screen, and it also shows you battle statistics. Of course, this is just coming out of the Guide. I have no real experience with this. I just beat the game for the first time in normal mode.

Thank to the spoilerific strategy guide, I know the difference :]

Normal Mode - everything is normal, astonishingly.
Hard Mode - Enemies stats x2 (so basically, they do double damage and take half damage).

Wow. I honestly couldn't notice much of a difference between the two modes. Then again, I did make sure I was over leveled every time I played. I actually want to play it on hard again to see if I'll find it hard. Very interesting indeed. I kinda wish it was harder actually, but meh.

Back