Mako Eyes?

darkmast508

cloud lover & cid fan
Gil
This is something that puzzles me alot, The Mako Eyes.

Spoiler:
In FF7 it says about a glow in clouds eyes due to mako, but in AC I haven't seen them.
I have constantly checked up on this but no luck. no glowing eyes. not even slightly.

Any body got something to say?

I think it should end now, I finally have noticed the glow.

Last edited:
you do see them espeicailly when hes riding the bike in the forest he eyes are dark blue and look to be galzed over that SE attempt to try and make them seem like they are glowing does that answer your question?

to me his eyes were naturally like that but that does help answer my question.

You are a great guy/Girl Squall's gunblade.

You could sort of see the glow in them during the Forgotten City scenes when he's riding his Fenrir and sitting with Vincent. Also sometimes if you study his eyes closely you can see a sort of different shine about them. Also, take a look closely to his eyes and you can see green just outlining his pupil where the mako is.
Since this is regarding the movie, I'm moving it to the Advent Children section. Please remember to keep threads like that there. :)

edited to add: here are two images of his eyes, I actually think his eyes look more teared up in the first picture as it states in the Reunion Files that he was overwhlemed with emotion when he drove out there, but meh, these might help with noticing the glow

ff7_advent_children_0675.jpg

FINAL_FANTASY_VII-676.jpg

thanks Aerith, i hadn't saw that forum before so i didn't think. but thanks!

It's no problem ^_^ I just added a couple of images that might help you see the glow better.

I guess this poll needs to be over. maybe i should watch it more often.

Is it true you get more scenes in the English version?

Yeah, ACC has about 20 minutes of extra footage, including extended battle scenes. It hasn't been released yet, but it will be this year.

Again, as I've said many times before, do not go by what is in Lost Order. It's all a big piece of shite that wasn't even accurate. If you've seen it, great. I suggest you forget what you saw. Take it more as a novelty thing than something you should draw information from.

Yeah, ACC has about 20 minutes of extra footage, including extended battle scenes. It hasn't been released yet, but it will be this year.

Yeah it sure is, but sadly it's only being released in blu-ray. You must have either a PS 3 to watch it or you must have a blu-ray player *sighs* WHY did they have to make it for blu-ray ONLY and not dvd :mad:

Again, as I've said many times before, do not go by what is in Lost Order. It's all a big piece of shite that wasn't even accurate. If you've seen it, great. I suggest you forget what you saw. Take it more as a novelty thing than something you should draw information from.

Sry to you and most Cloud fans but the LO and BC versions of the Nibelheim incident are canon so all sequals and prequals of VII will use their versions.

The only real error in LO is tifa talking to Cloud.

Sephiroth did jump(that is the main reason fans of Cloud complain about it) because in the orginal game Cloud even says so

"Sephiroth went off searching for the Promise Land, so he could become the ruler of the planet... That was 5 years ago... He told me he wants to go to the Promised Land with his mother, Jenova."

Um yea no... LO is bullshit. But how about we stay on topic, since we're only 2 pages in. Way to quote something that doesn't prove anything... isn't even related, actually. Good job.

Sry to you and most Cloud fans but the LO and BC versions of the Nibelheim incident are canon so all sequals and prequals of VII will use their versions.

The only real error in LO is tifa talking to Cloud.

Sephiroth did jump(that is the main reason fans of Cloud complain about it) because in the orginal game Cloud even says so

"Sephiroth went off searching for the Promise Land, so he could become the ruler of the planet... That was 5 years ago... He told me he wants to go to the Promised Land with his mother, Jenova."

While I liked LO to some extent, it was just something that was pulled out of the asses of the anime creators for this particular short movie, IMO. They screwed stuff up in it from that of the game. The only real error was Tifa talking to Cloud? No it wasn't. Don't you remember she said pretty much the same thing to him in the game when he picked her up and sat her down?

There were more errors in that movie than what you stated which wasn't even an error. For one, they screwed up the whole Sephiroth and JENOVA's head being tossed into the Lifestream. Cloud is the one who threw Sephiroth in there. Sephiroth did not willingly jump on his own.

Another thing they screwed up was Cloud's eyes glowing. Cloud had no even been subjected to mako yet. This was before he even touched it and they had his eyes glowing green, so there's another mess up right there.

Lady Aerith:
The only real error was Tifa talking to Cloud? No it wasn't. Don't you remember she said pretty much the same thing to him in the game when he picked her up and sat her down?

I thought that was Zack because Tifa has no recollection of Cloud being thier.

Lady Aerith:
There were more errors in that movie than what you stated which wasn't even an error. For one, they screwed up the whole Sephiroth and JENOVA's head being tossed into the Lifestream. Cloud is the one who threw Sephiroth in there. Sephiroth did not willingly jump on his own.

Actually the error is in Final Fantasy VII:

Kentaro:

Lady Aerith:
Another thing they screwed up was Cloud's eyes glowing. Cloud had no even been subjected to mako yet. This was before he even touched it and they had his eyes glowing green, so there's another mess up right there.

Actually the test to get into SOLDIER requires the person to be showerd in mako.

Remember Cloud would have taken this test.

Just to stay on topic:

The mako in clouds eyes in Ac is their its just hard see.

Last edited:
Here is a whole list of the errors in Lost Order. They defend your point with the same pointless quote. It doesn't mean anything other than Sephiroth was looking for the promised land, which he'd said in Nibelheim Mansion's basement. That's what he meant when he said "the last time I saw him". Not when he was thrown into the lifestream... because they didn't have any discussion then. So it HAS to refer to the scene in the Nibelheim mansion basement.

Aztec Triogal:
They defend your point with the same pointless quote. It doesn't mean anything other than Sephiroth was looking for the promised land, which he'd said in Nibelheim Mansion's basement. That's what he meant when he said "the last time I saw him". Not when he was thrown into the lifestream... because they didn't have any discussion then. So it HAS to refer to the scene in the Nibelheim mansion basement.

ah but you have to remember that a few things would look idiotic mainly these:

Cloud attacks Sephiroth without a weapon.(Cloud = idiot)

Sephiroth lets Cloud toss him into the lifestream.(Sephiroth could have just let go of the Masamune).

Anyway they retconned a few things(for the better unless of course you really like Cloud) and the new versions Bc and LO are canon so all future sequals and prequals will use their versions.

I thought that was Zack because Tifa has no recollection of Cloud being thier.
Actually the error is in Final Fantasy VII:

Later on Tifa does, because Cloud comes and rescues her after she's brutally injured by Sephiroth. Also, how is the error in FFVII when the game came out before Last Order?

Back