Mako Eyes?

I read it in a fanfiction by Xenobia. I didn't ask because I think Xenobia's gone awl from fanfiction. Thanks for clearing it up

They are probably still there, but the fast paced fighting and hardly any closeups of the characters probably sends the message that they arent there. If they showed a closeup, you should be able to see them

its there,but the ps1s graphics only put them in certain cutscenes,like when werith and cloud are in the park when she shows him around,she mentions the glowing eyes like he(zack)had,then when i was playing,i noticed clouds eyes started to glow green,but then faded,it is something that they didnt put in the entire game,but only when mentioned,but in ac,remeber,it has been 2 years since ff vii,and about 7(i think since it says hes 16 in crisis core,wait,that cant be right)since cc,the time when he was induced to mako(wait,i forgot the 4 years they were in the mako tube),so 3 years since he got out,the mako would have worn off,causing his pupil of the eyes to remain a greenish blue color,i know,in cc,when he first takes off the helmet,his eyes are bright blue,thats from the small mako treament he recieves when signing up in shinra,but the excessive mako made them glow,the fade into a greenish color

Last edited:
This is from ACC, but I imagine there's a similar shot lurking in AC too, if not this very same one:

Cloud%27s_cat-like_eyes_ACC.jpg

Notice the green shimmer that swims around the center of his blue eyes. Also, notice the cat-like slits that are his pupils, signifying the effect of the Jenova/S cells. It's definitely there - it's just obviously not going to show so much from a distance.

Ever notice how everyone in the game who spotted it in his eyes would get up in your face, really close, head tilted?

Well them doing that doesn't surprise me... I never played the game, I just read something about them being orange... and I'd really like to know if I'm being rude by repeating that or if people are just saying that for others benefit -will skedaddle if I'm being rude-

Seeing as they did emphasize that aspect of SOLDIER in Crisis Core (
Where Zack shows off his Mako Eyes to Aeris, or Aerith, I forgot which was the official spelling
), I figured it was nearly impossible for them to forget it in a sequel. Especially so for a series so well-liked by the masses. The amount of effort placed in this movie shouldn't be this little to the point where they can forget the Mako Eyes!

They didn't "forget" them. A lot went into this movie from a CG stand point, and they're merely swirls around the eyes. Again, most people who saw it had to look closely into Cloud's eyes. Zach had to show it to Aeris. It's not gonna be able to show that well from a distance. So they probably banked on that idea and didn't bother to put emphasis on it in every little clip of Cloud.

Last edited:
The Glow is there, its just hard to see. At least Cloud's have some of Zacks Attacks ;] Like Octaslash xd

If you look at clouds eyes, whenever they show it is blue but the closer you get to the pupil, you will notice that the eyes go green, those are the mako eyes.

I think they are glowing (duh, the eye colour is pretty unrealistic), and SE didn't make the eyes "too glowy", just to make it look more realistic.
(Hey, SE DID give Cloud and Tifa a new haircut, didn't they?"

Back