Zodiac Age What Features do you like most about this Version?

Shu

Spiral out, Keep going..
Veteran
Gil
Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Feature: A distinct upgrade to functionality that brings value to the gamer

So what do you love the most about the new game? A few examples:

• License/Job System overhaul
  • Speed Enhancement 2x and 4x
  • New Graphics
  • New Magick(s)
  • Controllable Summoning

I'll let a few people post, before adding my two cents.

Call me stupid, but I am missing the game. Is it implied?

Nevermind, FF VII. Should have looked at the thread. Stupid me!

Call me stupid, but I am missing the game. Is it implied?

Nevermind, FF VII. Should have looked at the thread. Stupid me!

FFXII - Final Fantasy 12. :lew:

I can't really comment too much yet, as I never fully finished the original. The license board... I'm still not sure about which I preferred.

- I do like the 2x speed for when you're just running around the open areas.

FFXII - Final Fantasy 12. :lew:

I can't really comment too much yet, as I never fully finished the original. The license board... I'm still not sure about which I preferred.

- I do like the 2x speed for when you're just running around the open areas.

My comment holds true "Stupid Me".

Most of the features already mentioned I like as well. Though the ones that stand out the most the 2x-4x speed, mostly the controllable summons which is perhaps the largest improvement for me. While though it does make it more of a challenge and forcing you to plan your character out to specialize them, the actual job system they implemented and allowing you to use two jobs is nice as well.

Probably the speed, because it makes the time wasting end-game superbosses more fair to beat. They're significantly less of a boring war of attrition.

The updated music is also fantastic.

Reactions: Shu
I think the speed increase is super big for veteran players of this game. Obviously you probably beat FFXII legacy, but this new game has so many new features that they really centered the quality of the game. In fact, I did write a review recently and will link it when it is available :)

May sound simple but the HD Resolution! It is the key selling factor for me as the game is rich in beautiful detail and now it can be displayed at a resolution which it deserves.

I will say though, I am not a fan of the new Zodiac System at all! Simply because as the game requires you to choose your classes upfront, you can't possibly predict at such an early stage as to what Class will benefit your players at the stages of post game content. So, it requires hours (Literally) of research, which is simply not enjoyable by any means. Where if you take a game like Final Fantasy IX, you can choose which characters you prefer in battle by their pre-selected class and have the option to change party members later on for the selected challenge. Rather, than have the constant fear at the back of you mind that you chose the wrong set of classes for an individual throughout the game and have to start again.

I played Zodiac Age with my Switch Lite and the best feature was the "License Reset Function" , so I had the possibility to experiment more class combinations.

Back