Final Fantasy: What got changed in translation in the games?

Guernsey

Final Fantasy Nut
Gil
While the localization and translation have gotten better over the years, there are still things that was lost in translation or wasn't properly localized. I know translation is hard work and there are things in Japanese that may not work in other countries, I just want to ask if there are things that got lost in translation or wasn't properly conveyed by the writers. Can anyone share any stories that got lost in translations, wasn't properly localized or changed to fit the translated game? It can be any language.

Wow, this is actually a great topic. Although I can not really contribute with the answer, I will say this is the most frustrating thing when it actually does happen. If somebody could help this guy out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Whether or not these are all confirmed or not I do like the posts from this article: http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/4-best-mistranslations-in-final-fantasy-6370080.

Ex-Death's Name Should Have Been Exodus

Beatrix's Theme, "Loss of Me," is Actually "Rose of May"

Tseng Didn't Die

That is an interesting article but I also how the entire story and context had been changed in translation as well.

Back