What is your happiest moment in Final Fantasy?

Erumollien

That Guy
Gil
FFXIV
Erumollien
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Final Fantasy is a great love story that touches the heart. There are those moments that just stick with us forever. What is the happiest moment FOR YOU in the Final Fantasy franchise. It could be part of the story, a completion, or even a release. ANYTHING Final Fantasy related. Share the moment and explain why it became the happiest moment for you. :)

After months of trying, hours every day after school, and with no internet to find the answers, my favorite moment is when I finally beat Emerald Weapon in FFVII. Summer break had just started, and I invited a few friends over, including one that hadn't been shown how difficult Emerald was yet. It was over 100 degrees outside, and with no air conditioning, it was even hotter in my room with us all crammed in their. We all theorycrafted together in between each failure, trying to figure out his weakness, until it finally happened. We went insane, lol. Part of the reason I remember it so fondly, is because we were only using our limited, dumb knowledge of the game to figure it out. Even if our internet wasn't crap back then, I certainly wasn't allowed to use it. So figuring it out all on our own was magical. It made the Materia system seem endlessly deep.

One of the happiest moments I have of Final Fantasy was playing Type-0 with my sister. The first aspect of this is because we both loved the characters, both playable and NPC, and would sometimes mimic them while burning through mission reruns (here's to you Naghi!). Also, the screen caps we took would sometimes have us beside ourselves with laughter as we thought of a caption (Jack is such a creep! :D). And lastly, it was so good to see my sister engage with a Final Fantasy game with such admiration and devotion. She's not an avid gamer by any means so that was pretty special - such a great summer, one in a thousand!

I would say in Final Fantasy XI, beating the infamous airship battle in Chains of Promathia. That thing was brutal and took many attempts. We finished it before it was heavily nerfed with level cap changes.

I loved repairing Cloud at the end of disc three in VII.
Really happiest get abilities learned in X-2. Really love that system more than Materia.
And just running around Yussnaan in Lightning Returns so much I try to bring it to my life with the soundtrack on.
(Not that I can hear much these days due to some on off hearing invisible tumble dryers syndrome that seems to be going around!)

For me, the happiest moment was when Zidane snapped out of his depression. It was such an incredible moment, both heartbreaking and beautiful to see Zidane try to forsake his friends and handle the burden himself. But after everything he's done for them, they'd never let that happen. It was wild to see one of the most positive main characters in the entire Final Fantasy universe take a turn and really hit rock bottom, only to have his friends save him

Back