PC Version with relatively weak PC

VillainFan42

Ex-Soldier
Gil
FFXIV
Arza Ra'qael
Free Company
Prelude of Light <Lux>
Okay, so I got the XV benchmark when it was released and had an unbelievably bad time. Even on the lowest setting, my computer still got 900 at the end (it requires a minimum of 2000 to run properly, it said). Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently the every setting on the benchmark used the gameworks effects.

If I were to turn off those effects, and run the game with the lowest graphical settings possible, would I be able to run it okay? To put it in perspective, that computer can run Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 without a hitch. It's not a high-end gaming computer by any means though. Would I have to wait until the PC version releases to get a definite answer? I don't want to buy the game only to have it not work at all. And I checked the graphics card prices- I might as well just buy a PS4. And I don't have that kind of money. I suppose I could settle for the pocket edition, but having played some of the PS4 version at a friend's house, I'd rather do the full version.

How old is your computer? You might want to look at your processor. Some processors run at a faster speed. SO if you have a slower processor you may not be getting the full capability of your graphic card. You could also have a lot of background programs running slowing your computer down.

I understand that funds can be tight but what I do is trade in older games and systems to GameStop, granted you don't get full value, but it helps when you are trying to make a big purchase. This will give you credit towards the PS4. So if you have a PS3 and a bunch or games with accessories, you could eat 50% or more off the cost of the system.

I am not trying to convince you to buy a PS4 but just trying to give you options. But on the PC side, I would suggest that building a moderately fast PC, which I did, or purchasing a computer made for gaming would be your best options. Again, I understand about money being tight, I live off $1700 a month, hopefully that changes soon, so I know all about a tight budget.

Here, check this video out and see if you can get anything from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILMERNIR6JA&t

The guy goes through the ini files and the like to bring the game down lower than even the lowest graphical setting. You can virtually make this game look like a psx title if you wanted to. Mess around with it like he shows you in the video and see what you can manage.

I’m not at home right now so I can’t check the specifics, but when I checked around the time I downloaded the benchmark, it seemed like the graphics card was the only thing not up to snuff. I’m fairly certain that it’s pretty new, it’s just not built for high-end gaming.

I know about the custom launcher as well. But I don’t want to make the quality too low- I just want to disable all the effects I don’t care about. Besides, I don’t think that launcher will help much when I get the actual game. If I get it.

Okay, so now that I actually have my computer here to check, here are my specs: My processor is 7th Gen Intel Core i5 7400, and my graphics card is an Intel HD graphics 630. This is the problem, I think. But like I said, money’s a bit tight.

This is neither here nor there, but will the VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 get a PC release? Because by the time the VII Remake comes out, it’ll probably be for the PS5, and I don’t want to get a console just in time for it to be obsolete, and still not able to play the game I’m looking forward to.

EDIT: I ran the benchmark again, making sure there were no background programs running, and it still runs like garbage. And I downloaded the custom launcher, but I couldn't even get it to work.

People who lead you to believe that VII won't be out this generation have very little understanding of development, let alone the circumstances for why Square games of the past have taken a lot of time to release. So that's not likely something you have to worry about.

Regardless, VII most likely will see a PC release, though maybe not alongside the console release. KH though, I'm not sure.

And yes, your graphics processor is definitely the bottleneck. You probably don't need something too crazy to run it at Low, 720p, 30fps if that'd be okay with you. The problem will be finding a GPU for cheap that's compatible with your motherboard and power supply and whatnot. Especially since crypto-mining has driven the prices WAY up. I'd maybe look into like a GTX 960 or 1050, though again, you might see huge price hikes right now.

Back