Help The PS4 PC Port?

Lioncourt

Gil
FFXIV
Dantiego
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
I love that IX saw its upscaled release on the Playstation 4. But why skip VIII to get to IX? Surely VIII doesn't deserve to be forgotten. To me, the eighth installment was an experience I won't ever forget, and visually inspiring for the time. And Uematsu's music is one of the finest soundtracks I have on my shelf. I'd love to play it again with the treatment SE gave VII and IX; its been a real joy to see the faces of these characters instead of a Picasso blur of features, haha! Will anybody else welcome this? And what will you most look forward to if you haven't played it for quite some time, if ever?

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why they haven't either. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that when they do, they'll release a physical compilation disc of the three games, like with KH1.5 and 2.5. Regardless, I'll happily get it when it does release, because unless something goes wrong it definitely will release.

I'm wondering if the FFVII and VIII ports on PS4 are different, and therefore require a second porting job. After all, The Steam versions of them are clearly based on the original PC ports from 20 years ago. But FFVII is based off of the PS1 version on PS4. So maybe that's the problem. VII did take quite some time to go from the PC re-release, to the PS4 version.

Maybe they'll do VIII next. They've already ported every other FF from the PS1 era, and did the PS2 era FFs too, so it makes sense for them to do VIII too since that game also has quite a following. At the very least I just hope they get rid of the level scaling.

I think it'll happen, for sure. I just hope it isn't a port of the PC/Steam versions, since the music was awful and the world map looked like dog turd. Unless you turned the smoothing off (or whatever they called it in the config).

I can't see them making any changes really since they didn't with 9.

They won't make changes, guaranteed. It'll be the same type of port as the Steam port, just based off of the PS1 version instead. Of this I am sure.

Back