no music in final fantasy 7 for steam?

caliber00

Gil
So i have a bit of a problem when i bot the steam ver of final fantasy 7 i find out that there is no music past the train scene. so i go to the steam forum and ask why i have no music. then i get a reply he says that steam cut the music from the hole game something about them making the file size smaller. if this is true its a dick move. but i find it hard to believe that. first i have seen videos on youtube playing the steam ver that has music in it. i went to my instalation folder and the music folder is still there. i even searched the internet and i cant find anything that says steam cut the music. so can someone please tell me if this is true or not.

Well firstly, Steam can't remove the music. Square is paying to have the game as a whole hosted on Steam's download servers, so Valve/Steam can't remove parts of it. They could choose to remove the whole game, but not just parts. So whoever told you that is lying.

Now, it's possible (though extremely unlikely) that there's a licensing issue if for some reason Square didn't publish the game in your region of the world. Then the publisher could've not paid the licensing fee, and Square had it removed for your region. Though that's extremely unlikely, particularly because I'm 99% sure that Square published FFVII everywhere.

Regardless, I know for a fact that the music is supposed to be in the Steam version. It was originally the MIDI tracks from the 90's PC port, but they later replaced those with the PS1 versions of the tracks. So if they're not there, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Back