Expanded Community Platform - Attention Forum Owner

Jecht

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hello,

Although I haven't been very active on here over the years, I was one of the first people to join this site before it officially launched as I knew and worked with the original founder of Final Fantasy Forums as I was a fellow webmaster of a Final Fantasy fan site of my own.

About two to three years ago, I decided to give it another shot by launching a social platform for a Final Fantasy website, a vision I had for the project many years ago but didn't have the skill sets to build it back then. I managed to bring my vision to life, however, due to my busy life running a business, I've found myself with a social network that has nobody running it and only a few active members. To further explain, I am a Creative Designer, Developer and Online Marketer. I guess to some degree, an online jack-of-all-trades with over 15 years experience. I relaunched my site because I started working from home and was online all the time, but things got super busy and even though I am online all the time, almost all that time is focused on work.

I've wanted to approach this site a few times, connect with the new owner and discuss a potential merger or perhaps that I hand over my project for a discussed and agreed amount. If I sell, I'm not looking to get rich and I am not greedy, I would rather agree on a low amount and give the project to the right person/people to manage it.

Out of respect for this community and the people running it, I am not here to advertise and will not give out the name of my site or links as I do not want to cause problems or shift the attention of this community's audience. I will give a brief idea as to the setup I have, then, whoever is in charge can determine whether or not it's of interest.

So whether the focus is merge or sale related, if there's even an interest, this is more a webmaster reaching out, hoping that a project can be kept alive by a dedicated group of people.

- - - - - - -

- Website is not vBulletin powered
- Website is PHP and Database Driven
- Website's Social Networking Platform
- - - Advanced custom profiles (unlimited custom profile field options)
- - - User Avatar and Cover Photo
- - - Complete and customizable user permissions
- - - User Photo Galleries
- - - Video Galleries (YouTube, Twitch, etc...)
- - - Activity Stream (Message, Video, Links, etc...)
- - - Status updates supports use of Hashtags and User Mentions
- - - Built in link crawling (Post a link, video or music source and a unique card will generate with detailed info)
- - - Groups - Users create fan groups (manage group image/video galleries, discussions, events and more)
- - - Pages - Users create pages (manage page image/video galleries, discussions, events and more)
- - - Events - Users can create single or scheduled events with customizable event information
- - - And much much more

- Discussion Forums
- - - Complete Non-vB Forum with everything you need (front-end and back-end management)
- - - Custom RPG Stats and Level Up Algorithm
- - - New replies will notify other members via Global notification (perfect for keeping up forum activity wherever you are)
- - - And much much more

- Advanced Blogging Platform
- - - Pre-Loaded blog templates (Blank, News, Video, Event, Reviews, etc...)
- - - User created blog templates (users can create and share custom blog templates)
- - - Team Blogs (This is for site staff to manage official blog channels for the site)
- - - User Blogs (Members have front-end access to creating and publishing blog posts)
- - - Blog Drafts and Auto Saving (Never lose your written content... ever)
- - - Blog permissions (control who can see the article)
- - - Multi-Commenting System (Built-in User Comments via Profile, Facebook Comments, Disqus, and other social comments platforms)
- - - Scheduled publishing (write countless articles in advance and schedule when they get published, making it look like you're always keeping active)
- - - Auto post articles to a default Facebook Page (Site's Official Facebook Page with option of author specific Profiles and/or Pages)
- - - Auto post articles to default Twitter Channel (Site's official Twitter Channel with option of author specific Twitter Channel)
- - - Notify other users on the site of new post via Global Notification
- - - Users can subscribe to any aspect of the blog (author, category, all, etc...)
- - - Built-in Ping-O-Matic
- - - And much much more

- Integrated Twitch System
- - - Completely integrated Twitch API (Experience Twitch on the site)
- - - Any live streams on Twitch will display on the site as well as comments (great for Twitch viewers, never have to leave the site to tune into your favorite streamers)
- - - Dedicated Final Fantasy Section to display ONLY Final Fantasy related streams
- - - Create a dedicated member's list of members from the site who are registered on Twitch (great for member highlights/featured status)
- - - Access all past streams when viewing users profiles
- - - All Twitch graphics are loaded from a CDN and made possible via API
- - - Much more

Integrated Arcade System
- - - Complete games library, browse list and install games as you want. Great for weekly or monthly game releases-
- - - Game ratings

- Global Features
- - - Complete Front-End and Back-End Management
- - - Achievement/Badge System (Social Network Platform and Blog)
- - - Complete Advanced SEO Suite (Full site-wide optimization, data review, recommendations, sitemap and more)
- - - Complete Security Suite (Firewall, Brute Force Protection, Added Layers of Security, Back-End protection and more)
- - - Facebook Login (Login and Registration)
- - - Twitter Login (Login and Registration)
- - - Users can connect via Friendships and/or Twitter equivalent Following/Followers
- - - Live Front-End Global Notifications for users in real time (Social Network, Forums and Blog)
- - - Live Private Messaging and Notifications in real time (Send/Receive messages in real time and receive notifications wherever you are on the site)
- - - Live Friend Requests and Notifications in real time
- - - Complete access to RSS feeds site wide (Perfect for automation)
- - - Global Admin Announcements (Notification popup will show up regardless of where users are on the site)
- - - Built-in and fully integrated Crowdfunding/Donation Platform (log donations, users) / Currently disabled as it needs some upgrades

The list literally goes on and on.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

If I end up selling this site, everything's included and depending on agreement, I will stick around to ensure for a smooth transition and offer any technical assistance I can. I love the project but I'm not the one to manage it anymore simply because of my limited time due to work. The project has a lot of potential, it just needs the right group of people to manage it on an ongoing basis, a requirement of any community in order for it to be successful.

Additional items that would be included with the sale

- Website Domain
- Complete Website as is (list above)
- 829 Members (A lot of them casually come and go while there are a few ongoing regulars)
- Facebook Page (4,058 Likes / 4,039 Follows)
- Organic Facebook Insights (Average Reach 960 / Average Post Engagement 280 / Average Page Views 53)
- Twitter Channel (533 Followers / Average Impressions 34,764)
- YouTube Channel (No Activity)
- Google+ (111 Followers - This was more to reserve the name, wasn't focused on as much as other Social Channels)
- Twitch Channel (No Activity - This was more to reserve the name with intentions of eventually streaming)
- Brand Intro Video (Logo Reveal with Sound Effects)
- Any and all available graphics
- Complete project roadmap and bug report

I think that's pretty much it. This was a spur of the moment decision to post this up here.

I love Final Fantasy and I've always enjoyed providing fans a place to hang out, hopefully this will work out to be a good opportunity for everyone as I feel my goals are not that much different than the goals of the people running Final Fantasy Forums.

The intention of this post is not to spam/advertise, it's to provide an opportunity for two communities to look at a bigger picture and provide fans with something new and exciting. If forum management is not interested in this post, please do with it as you will and I will not re-post it again.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to any response I might get from this post.

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us. I believe Dionysos already PMed the site owner about this so hopefully any questions you might have were answered. We aren't in a position to deal with the business side of things here, but still, it's an honor that you thought of the Final Fantasy Forums community and its staff.

No matter what decision you make, I wish you the best of luck. :)

Back