Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
As my recent thread about FFIX's Garland might suggest, I really love Blade Runner.

Like most people I was very concerned about the concept of a sequel as the original (a flawed masterpiece) didn't seem to need one. This is a sequel that nobody really asked for.

And yet I just got back from watching Blade Runner 2049 after managing to avoid the hype and the spoilers for nearly a week.

My verdict? To me I'm with the people who call this one of the greatest sequels of all time. It is a great sci-fi film, and I was pleasantly surprised that it was this good because I entered the cinema with caution.

Whereas the original film was flawed (but had a strong enough story, soundtrack, and visuals to earn its place as a cult classic), the sequel does what the original did well (including dealing with the philosophical questions regarding identity and existentialism), but without the problematic editing which the original suffered from. Sure, the sequel does have slow moments, but they are very atmospheric and are used to build up tension. The limited action sequences and plot twists really do feel earned as a result.

There's much more that I'd like to say about this film, but for now I'd like to know if anyone else has seen the film.

Did you enjoy Blade Runner 2049? Did it live up to your expectations?

Back