New here: Advice needed

Rammy

Gil
Hi, hope you are all well. here is my story with FF7 and after you read of my struggles with it I would like advice :) there will be spoilers for anyone who has not played it or has just started.

I first played this for PS1 NINETEEN YEARS AGO and got as far as Demongate in the Temple of the Ancients. He kept kicking my ass so I gave up.
I was unaware of a correlation between levelling up and bosses being easier to beat (stupid I know) and also the Ancient who was there could restore my HP and MP when required. Long story short it was only recently I got back into it. I downloaded it for android and it was a mess. Lags, glitches and a complete dead end due to screen resolution at Cid's ill-fated rocket launch. Seventeen damn hours into the game. So then I got it on my laptop and eventually completed it within a few weeks.
So my mission to complete it is over. I thought about playing it again so I could enjoy it without feeling as though I had to complete it but I would rather not relive Aerith's death scene. (I'm soft that way)

So what could I play next? I am interested in Crisis Core and Dirge Of Ceberus (spelling???) and I think there is a game "Before Crisis" but I don't know if I can download any of them. Square Enix site doesn't seem to have them. There is no CD rom drive on my computer so it would have to be download.

does anyone know how I could get said games on my laptop and if so which game should I try first?

thanks for your time.

The only way to get those games on your laptop would be illegal emulation, which is not recommended. These games were only released for the PSP, PS2, and mobile phones respectively. No PC releases, and now ports or remasters exist of them as of now. I wouldn't recommend them anyway if you're looking for story that's consistent with the original game. They alter a lot of stuff, and create an enormous amount of plot holes. Plus they're just generally poorly told anyway. Heck, even from a gameplay perspective, while not absolutely awful or anything, these games don't play anything like FFVII. So you won't be getting the same experience there either (which isn't a bad thing of course... just something worth noting in case that's what you were looking for).

I don't know your experience with the rest of the series, or what you enjoyed about VII in particular. But I would recommend either doing some sort of challenge run, like plaing through the game with random encounters disabled (Sadness is your best friend in such a playthrough, but it's super rewarding to do). Or you could try Final Fantasy VIII or IX. Since they were both PS1 titles as well, they feel rather similar in many ways that you might find appealing. Those are both also on Steam too. There are also a lot of mods for the Steam version of VII if that's your thing, though they're mostly visual and gameplay mods.

Hopefully that helps :)

Back